PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB seems to really like Beisel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember why I think this - but I remember thinking Beisel looked alright at the end of the season when he filled in for injured Bruschi. Again, I don't know why I think that. Maybe someone with a better memory can tell me if I'm crazy or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
dryheat44 said:
The proof is undeniable. It's there on tape. The counter-argument, of course, is "Do you think BB would have had Monty out there if he was afraid of contact?" And I would have to answer "No, he wouldn't."

Except I saw it repeatedly with my eyes. Either he was avoiding contact, or he has the worst instincts ever seen in a linebacker.

I really don't know what to make of it.

Having watched some pre-season and early season games and focused completely on Beisel, I have to say, it HAD to be a problem adjusting to the scheme, not feeling it "in his bones" because the guy DOES NOT AVOID CONTACT. He was throwing his body all over the place, helmet-to-helmet hits, slamming guys in the mouth. I don't know what happened as the season went on, but I'd be pretty surprised if it turned out he simply didn't like contact.

PATSOX23, Thank You

patsox23 said:
Having watched some pre-season and early season games and focused completely on Beisel, I have to say, it HAD to be a problem adjusting to the scheme, not feeling it "in his bones" because the guy DOES NOT AVOID CONTACT. He was throwing his body all over the place, helmet-to-helmet hits, slamming guys in the mouth. I don't know what happened as the season went on, but I'd be pretty surprised if it turned out he simply didn't like contact.
i simply don't believe, nor do i want to believe, that an nfl player other than "neon deion" would avoid contact.
the patriots DO play a "stay in your lane" concept, which might have led beisel to be filling a gap away from the ballcarrier.
somebody asked if i could pick out specific plays and designate them. will do my best.

JoeSixPat said:
I'm glad someone does ... but if BB is going to give him a fresh start I will too.

I think BB is like the rest of you guys.....he likes Beisel's WIFE! :p

patsox23 said:

PS23, I agree. I think he really struggled with the scheme. Other teams teach you to shoot the gap (avoid contact) while the Pats teach to take on the blocker and shed the block, controlling 2 gaps. We all saw him avoid the blockers last year, then saw the ballcarrier shoot through the gap he was supposed to be controlling. I have to say that I never saw him duck away from a ballcarrier, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down