PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB on the record: “good energy level moving forward”

Status
Not open for further replies.

long distance

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Bill Belichick still enjoying all parts of the job entering 19th season
Bill Belichick discusses relationship with Tom Brady, excitement about Patriots offseason
Bill Belichick explains why Josh McDaniels returned to Patriots after verbally accepting Colts' head-coaching job

BB conducted an impromptu with local reporters for about 15 minutes. Belichick said he wanted to give New England reporters a chance to tackle pertinent topics before the national media gets its chance during the coaches breakfast at the *NFL annual spring meeting. He looked energized and sounded enthusiastic about his 19th season with the club.

quote:

“Last year is last year, but this year, it’s an exciting time of year, the team building. I’ve spoken to quite a few players. I think there is a good energy level moving forward.”
_____

on keeping Josh:

"Once that game ended [Super Bowl LII], I think that really gave Josh and I a chance to sit down [Tuesday] and talk more directly about the situation, as opposed to, 'We really want to talk about the game and what we need to do to try to compete in that game.' That's basically what happened," Belichick said. "Before the game, I'd say we had minimal discussions. I'd say we had much deeper and longer and more in-depth and more constructive discussions immediately after the game."

Added Belichick: "We got back from Minnesota, I had an opportunity to talk to Josh, and we were able to work some things out. I'm thrilled he's still with us and is going to continue in his role. I think he's a top offensive coordinator in the league. He's done a great job for me for a long time in a lot of different roles. I'm very glad, based on the meeting we had -- there were a number of things that happened -- that we were able to work that out and keep him with us."

Last edited:
Looking at how he enjoys getting around pro days and how he keeps being excited by what is the part of the season most coaches think of as a grind.. he is not even close to retirement.

OJ helps give you energy in the morning.
bill%20belichick.jpg

Sounds to me like there was a discussion between him and players. I would suspect one of those players is Brady.

one of those clicks was ESPN. d%#*!@t !

I was cruising along happily with the state of Patriots and ignoring all the noise about difficulties in the clubhouse... until I got this information. I mean BB only uses the media to motivate people by saying good things about them when they need that extra motivation (or they did something truly outstanding).

Now i'm scared.

:p

Sounds to me like there was a discussion between him and players. I would suspect one of those players is Brady.
Yeah, I assume so. My hope is that they were all able to get past whatever tension there was. I think that hopefully all the players can look back on the year and realize how close they came to a Super Bowl win despite how many issues they were faced with, and that the parts are there to make it happen this year.

To me this sounds good. I’m thinking the dust has settled and they are done with whatever bs went on last year. Perhaps that’s just wishful thinking but it seems this way
What bs? The bs that was pushed by nearly every member of the media that whipped nearly every fan into a frenzy? Brady is contemplating retirement, Gronk is contemplating retirement, the players have tuned out the coach etc...
B.B. releases one statement and now everyone’s saying “oh, we good.” Don’t you feel sometimes like we have a hyper emotional fan base that has to constantly be talked off the edge?

What bs? The bs that was pushed by nearly every member of the media that whipped nearly every fan into a frenzy? Brady is contemplating retirement, Gronk is contemplating retirement, the players have tuned out the coach etc...
B.B. releases one statement and now everyone’s saying “oh, we good.” Don’t you feel sometimes like we have a hyper emotional fan base that has to constantly be talked off the edge?
Other than being 40+ and the obvious that comes with that when has Brady contemplated retirement?

Don’t you feel sometimes like we have a hyper emotional fan base that has to constantly be talked off the edge?

That's the culture we live in. Good luck trying to change it.

"Once that game ended [Super Bowl LII], I think that really gave Josh and I a chance to sit down [Tuesday] and talk more directly about the situation, as opposed to, 'We really want to talk about the game and what we need to do to try to compete in that game.' That's basically what happened," Belichick said. "Before the game, I'd say we had minimal discussions. I'd say we had much deeper and longer and more in-depth and more constructive discussions immediately after the game."

Added Belichick: "We got back from Minnesota, I had an opportunity to talk to Josh, and we were able to work some things out. I'm thrilled he's still with us and is going to continue in his role. I think he's a top offensive coordinator in the league. He's done a great job for me for a long time in a lot of different roles. I'm very glad, based on the meeting we had -- there were a number of things that happened -- that we were able to work that out and keep him with us."
I wish that Bill & MP had a chance to sit down and talk and work some things out. Then again, after seeing what Bill gave him to work with, I don't blame MP for wanting to get the hell away from here.

To me, the BB and Kraft public appearances certainly left the impression that:
  1. Something sure as hell was going on this past year, and it's still not a fixed situation
  2. Kraft thinks BB screwed the pooch with Butler, but isn't going to go too far and cut him off at the knees over it
  3. Bill was either told to make nice, or chose to make nice, in order to remove some of the flammables from the fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes