PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB dragged Jones out of the field with him at the end of the game

Who’s “they”? I don’t see anyone who thinks that way

I won’t point fingers at specific people, but go to the Tom Brady forum and you will see some there or any game day thread.

Regardless of how anyone wants to describe that series of events, it doesn't look good. Poor kid has taken an absolute beating. I can't imagine the mental and physical toll he is going through right now. Next, you're gonna have an incredibly pissed-off Brady and Bucs team? They really need to get creative and figure out a way to keep him upright. I understand some of those hits/sacks are on him, but he's getting thrashed out there. He's a rookie, and like all the other rookie QB's around the league, he's having a rough start. More than likely going to have a rough year. Everyone expected this. The most surprising thing has been the rough start for damn near everyone. I thought they'd at least help carry the guy along. Either way, hope he can keep his head on straight. I really do like him.

Should have kept Cam. Not because he’d be better because he wouldn’t. But because at least we’d have someone easy to blame again. Now the problems are scarier.
Because 600 yards 12 TDs rushing is a threat that opposing defenses must account for. Cam was basically another RB option.

If I am correct about Mac not belonging in this league, Cam haters are going to despise Mac way worse.

Is this the equivalent of a visit to the Principal's office? or more of a "buck-up kid" pep talk?
I was at the game and saw this happen. Was right in front of me. Winston came over and said something,seemed encouraging, then Mac got Up to go towards field. Bill took him away.when I saw it I thought it was strange but didn’t think it was a big deal

Embarrassing....

another player who will hate Bill when he leaves New England someday

Embarrassing....

another player who will hate Bill when he leaves New England someday
Mac was sitting on the sideline sulking for 5-10 minutes and then Winston came over. He had just gotten up and bill Was walking back to locker roo
After saying hello and hugging a saints coach. He didn’t specifically target Mac he just bumped into him and took him with him

I’m not reading too much into this atm.
My concern is the o-line, where was the run game, overall today we failed. Defense was okay, but the offense was absolute garbage. Other than the amazing play Bourne made the game from our point of view was dull.
This team will need to get it together asap because next week it will be a rough match against the bucs.

Blimey how things can get twisted. Dragged?? he talked to him. And people saying he was crying?? :) he just look frustrated and annoyed. Brady look exactly the same last night on the sideline. People do love drama even when there isn't any.

The kid need to learn to not put everything on himself. You gonna have bad games. Even the top 5 QB in this league are having bad games in a regular season.

you can’t be destroyed every time you have a bad games. And I don’t think it was a horrible game for him. 1,5 picks where not on him and he couldn’t do anything. He had a guy in his face every time.

Don't understand how you could go out of that game furious with your 1st year QB.

The first half was not really something to write home about, and the int surely didn't help. The interception on the start of the second half, fully falls on the WR and bad luck, the ball was exactly when and where it needed to be.

And the rest of the half was a perfectly okay game. If he can take these teachings and built on this we are going to be okay. So far it definitely looks like a smart move to let Newton go. A game like yesterday was always possible for Cam and his upside is much smaller.
This might not yet be the year were we can return to the SB but we are making steps in the right direction.

Actually, I think there are people on this board happy about that. They want to prove Belichick was a product of Brady and was never a good coach.
The job Bill has being doing the last 2-4 years hasn’t been great let’s put it this way.

why everything has to be black and white these days? There is no place for grey anymore.

To be considered a pats fan around here, you basically need to swallow everything Bill does singing Kumbaya and it’s wrong

He probably took him away so he could talk to him privately. Give him words of encouragement.

You can't get too down or too up after one regular season game. There will always be some adversity. But thus far I've seen nothing from Jones to indicate he won't be a very good QB.

Thinking this team was anything close to a playoff team now seams laughable.

We're "rebuilding". Same as half the league.

If Brady was here and we had spent all this money on FA, we'd be "loading up for a Championship run" or in "win now" mode.

But since the QB is a rookie, we're "rebuilding", which is basically euphemism for "finding a QB that works"

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back