PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB and Pash Rushers

I'm hoping Belichick will not only select a stud DE in the first round next year, but they select at least two more in later rounds.

Because they've to establish a consistent pass rush next season, it's affecting the secondary. Just start over and go young... Franchise Vince Wilfork or use the free money to try to sign one of the FA DEs listed below.

Free Agents

Jarvis Green
Derrick Burgess

Trade Candidates

Adalius Thomas
Tully Banta-Cain

Possible Free Agent (DE) Targets

Ray Edwards
Darryl Tapp
Mark Anderson

Possible Free Agent (NT) Targets

Ryan Pickett

I'm hoping Belichick will not only select a stud DE in the first round next year, but they select at least two more in later rounds.

Because they've to establish a consistent pass rush next season, it's affecting the secondary. Just start over and go young... Franchise Vince Wilfork or use the free money to try to sign one of the FA DEs listed below.

Free Agents

Jarvis Green
Derrick Burgess

Trade Candidates

Adalius Thomas
Tully Banta-Cain

Possible Free Agent (DE) Targets

Ray Edwards
Darryl Tapp
Mark Anderson

Possible Free Agent (NT) Targets

Ryan Pickett

I wouldn't touch any of those available, and I'm in two minds whether to re-sign our own.

I think last night left us in absolutely no doubt - a lack of pass rush in today's NFL will kill you.

I wouldn't touch any of those available, and I'm in two minds whether to re-sign our own.

I think last night left us in absolutely no doubt - a lack of pass rush in today's NFL will kill you.

I wouldn't re-sign our own. I'd trade to trade Adalius Thomas.

The only FA who interests me is Ray Edwards from Minnesota. 6'5" 268# fits the BB profile. His sack numbers (6.5 so far) have benefitted from Jared Allen on the other side, but he's young, and the kind of low-profile FA that the Pats like. I'd be happy to give him a look if the cost is not prohibitive.

Of course, we could have taken him in 2006 instead of Garrett Mills in the 4th round. Maybe if we started stockpiling some young athletic pass rushers and gave them time to develop (like the Giants) we wouldn't be in this kind of bind. Even if we got someone like Mills I'd probably still draft a couple of athletic young guys with versatility and upside - Jason Pierre-Paul, Greg Romeus, Austen Lane and Jeremy Beal, for example. We wouldn't have to put as much pressure on them to produce day 1, and with luck in a couple of years we would have a posse of guys who could terrorize opposing QBs.

I really really really like Greg Romeus.....I have watched him play a couple of times and he is a beast of a speed rusher but he is also big enough to hold the edge I believe......I would really like to get him if we can and give him a year or 2 to develop like mayo said

I really really really like Greg Romeus.....I have watched him play a couple of times and he is a beast of a speed rusher but he is also big enough to hold the edge I believe......I would really like to get him if we can and give him a year or 2 to develop like mayo said

I like him a lot too, and had us taking him in the 2nd round in my 1st mock. I see him as an ideal "strong side" DE/elephant guy (like Vrabel), and a likely alternative to Derrick Morgan. My preferred "weak side" guys are Jason Pierre-Paul, Austen Lane, Jeremy Beal and Sergio Kindle.

Dunlap and Morgan wont be there when the Patriots pick. Either they won't be coming out this year or will be top 10 picks.

I love Hardy. He's projected by many to go in the top 20, which means that the Pats would have to try to trade up. I think this kid will be an absolute stud. He's 6-5, 265 pounds, and has apparently been clocked at 4.67 seconds in the 40 yard dash. Now, he has some injury problems, but I honestly think he could be worth the risk. He's probably the best DE coming out this April.

If the Pats are looking to stick with the 3-4 next season, they could target someone like Cameron Heyward from Ohio State. He's 6-6, 285 pounds, and he's a great fit as a DE in a 3-4 system. According to most mocks, he could be had in the second round, which would allow the Pats to use their first rounder on the best available player, whoever that may be.

Jerry Hughes from TCU (6-3, 260, 4.64 40 time). He has 11 sacks this season, is a good fit to play DE in a 4-3 or OLB in a 3-4, and could slip to the second round. I think he would be a great success in New England.

Von Miller from Texas A&M (6-3, 240, 4.60 40 time). He has 17 sacks this season, and he's only a Junior. Some mocks compare him to Elvis Dumervil. Either he or Hughes could be a great pass rusher for the Pats in a 3-4 system.

A guy in the late 2nd or 3rd round I would like to see is Geroge Selive. High productive player out of USF. I wouldn't mind seeing him as our last pick in the 2nd round.

I would like to see something like

Hardy or Griffin in the first round.

Miller/Heyward/ Evan Royster in the 2nd round.

I think that is possible. You solve you're problem at both DE and OLB.

The Patriots are actually in a good position to select the best player available considering they have 3 second round picks. The greatest positions of need are DE and OLB, both can be addressed in the second round. If a new CBA isn't in place and 2010 is uncapped, the 2010 draft class will be extremely deep due to the fact that the new CBA will likely have a rookie salary cap. Many underclassmen will most likely enter the 2010 draft in hopes of landing decent sized contracts.

Last edited:
Dunlap and Morgan wont be there when the Patriots pick. Either they won't be coming out this year or will be top 10 picks.

I love Hardy. He's projected by many to go in the top 20, which means that the Pats would have to try to trade up. I think this kid will be an absolute stud. He's 6-5, 265 pounds, and has apparently been clocked at 4.67 seconds in the 40 yard dash. Now, he has some injury problems, but I honestly think he could be worth the risk. He's probably the best DE coming out this April.

If the Pats are looking to stick with the 3-4 next season, they could target someone like Cameron Heyward from Ohio State. He's 6-6, 285 pounds, and he's a great fit as a DE in a 3-4 system. According to most mocks, he could be had in the second round, which would allow the Pats to use their first rounder on the best available player, whoever that may be.

Jerry Hughes from TCU (6-3, 260, 4.64 40 time). He has 11 sacks this season, is a good fit to play DE in a 4-3 or OLB in a 3-4, and could slip to the second round. I think he would be a great success in New England.

Von Miller from Texas A&M (6-3, 240, 4.60 40 time). He has 17 sacks this season, and he's only a Junior. Some mocks compare him to Elvis Dumervil. Either he or Hughes could be a great pass rusher for the Pats in a 3-4 system.

A guy in the late 2nd or 3rd round I would like to see is Geroge Selive. High productive player out of USF. I wouldn't mind seeing him as our last pick in the 2nd round.

I would like to see something like

Hardy or Griffin in the first round.

Miller/Heyward/ Evan Royster in the 2nd round.

I think that is possible. You solve you're problem at both DE and OLB.

The Patriots are actually in a good position to select the best player available considering they have 3 second round picks. The greatest positions of need are DE and OLB, both can be addressed in the second round. If a new CBA isn't in place and 2010 is uncapped, the 2010 draft class will be extremely deep due to the fact that the new CBA will likely have a rookie salary cap. Many underclassmen will most likely enter the 2010 draft in hopes of landing decent sized contracts.

Derrick Morgan will go top 15, most likely.

Carlos Dunlap will likely slip a bit due to inconsistency and his DUI. He could go anywhere from 15 to 40, I think. It's unlikely he would slide further given his upside. I don't see someome risking a top 15 pick on him given his issues, but you never know - I wouldn't have predicted Darius Heyward-Bey would go top 10, either.

Hardy could also slip. He could go in the 15-20 range, or late 1st round, or somewhere later. People are divided on how far he could slide. I've always liked him a lot, and wouldn't be at all unhappy with him for the Pats.

Everson Griffin and Jason Pierre-Paul are wild cards right now. They will both likely be workout warriors and may go in the 1st round, but it's too early to tell.

I like Greg Romeus from Pittsburgh and Jeremy Beal from Oklahoma a lot. Both are flying under the radar right now. Romeus reminds me a bit of DeMarcus Ware - not quite as fast, but stronger. He's not quite as explosive as Hardy, but he's stronger against the run and doesn't have the injury history. Beal is very versatile, and does a lot of things well. I also like Austen Lane, a division II guy with a lot of upside who is a bit reminiscent of Jason Taylor.

Someone is going to slip. They can't all go top 20, or even 1st round. Some will slide to the 2nd or even 3rd round. I'd like to get 2 of them.

I think Cameron Heyward and Allen Bailey are the two 3-4 DE prospects who will shoot up boards. Both could easily go in the 1st round, possibly in the top 20. I'd take a hard look at either if they are available. I think Heyward could be a young Richard Seymour. Bailey is likely to blow away the combine.

Jerry Hughes is a beast and I'd consider him, but I like the guys above better - more length and strength to set the edge. Sergio Kindle, Ricky Sapp and Eric Norwood are also options, but I'm less sure about them.

I don't see Von Miller or George Selvie being options for us. Both are too slight and I doubt could hold up to the pounding that BB demands from his DE/OLBs.

I don't know where Evan Royster comes into the mix. I don't consider him a day 1 (1st 2 rounds) prospect, even if we were to look at RB that early.

We can talk all day about the prospects available in this draft but I want to take a minute and go back to the title of this thread. BB and pass rushers.

First let's talk about pass rushers and Bill Parcells for a second. Everywhere BP has been, he develops these 3-4 Hybrid OLB/DE, and not just one, but in many instances several at the same time.
In New York he had LT and Carl Banks.
With us he had Willie and Chris Slade.
In Dallas he had Ware, Spencer and Ellis.

As we prepare to broadcast the Florida - Alabama game tomorrow, I was listening to another God awful Nick Saban interview and he said something that struck a cord with me. Saban talked about "coaching up his players". Yes McClain is a good player, but he would not be half the player he is today; if the staff didn't "coach him up."

Could it be that BB has not drafted many of these players because he can not coach them up? TBC is really the only player that comes to mind that BB has ever drafted and coached up, but then again, BB let TBC go only to bring him back? UDFA Pierre Woods is still more of a ST guy than a base defense guy. UDFA Vince Redd was cut.

We all know BB prefers veteran OLB's, but why can't BB have a veteran starter and draft a player to "coach up" to eventually take over. And it isn't that BB has tried and failed, he just refuses to invest any quality draft picks on the position.

This last draft had a good four to eight players that would have been great developmental DE/OLBs, but BB passed on them all. And look what we are left with. TBC (retread), Thomas (suspended and has unknown issues), Burgess (overpaid for and soon to be a bust) and Woods.

The bottom line is, it isn't that BB has not found the "perfect" 3-4 OLB for his defense to draft; it is more a function of his and his staff's inability to "coach up" nearly perfect players and that remains the problem when the "right" veteran is not found for the position.

We can talk all day about the prospects available in this draft but I want to take a minute and go back to the title of this thread. BB and pass rushers.

First let's talk about pass rushers and Bill Parcells for a second. Everywhere BP has been, he develops these 3-4 Hybrid OLB/DE, and not just one, but in many instances several at the same time.

As we prepare to broadcast the Florida - Alabama game tomorrow, I was listening to another God awful Nick Saban interview and he said something that struck a cord with me. Saban talked about "coaching up his players". Yes McClain is a good player, but he would not be half the player he is today; if the staff didn't "coach him up."

Could it be that BB has not drafted many of these players because he can not coach them up? TBC is really the only player that comes to mind that BB has ever drafted and coached up, but then again, BB let TBC go only to bring him back? UDFA Pierre Woods is still more of a ST guy than a base defense guy. UDFA Vince Redd was cut.

We all know BB prefers veteran OLB's, but why can't BB have a veteran starter and draft a player to "coach up" to eventually take over. And it isn't that BB has tried and failed, he just refuses to invest any quality draft picks on the position.

This last draft had a good four to eight players that would have been great developmental DE/OLBs, but BB passed on them all. And look what we are left with. TBC (retread), Thomas (suspended and has unknown issues), Burgess (overpaid for and soon to be a bust) and Woods.

The bottom line is, it isn't that BB has not found the "perfect" 3-4 OLB for his defense to draft; it is more a function of his and his staff's inability to "coach up" nearly perfect players and that remains the problem when the "right" veteran is not found for the position.

A very astute observation. Bill Belichick has invested exactly one first

round draft pick in ten years on a linebacker. According to this schedule,

Bill's first round draft pick in 2017 will be a linebacker.

Ochmed,

You raise some excellent points.

First, I think your BB/BP comparison is a great one. Bill Parcells clearly has an established track record of prioritizing the pass rush and drafting early for potential impact players - from Lawrence Taylor, Leonard Marshall and Carl Banks with the Giants (some taken before BP was the head coach, but as DC he had to have a lot of input), to Willie McGinest and Chris Slade with the Patriots, to DeMarcus Ware and Bobby Carpenter with the Cowboys. The Jets didn't have 1st round picks in 1998 and 1999, or we might have seem him pick one there as well. It's clear that BP valued pass rushers from the DE and OLB positions, and would spend premium picks on them.

BB does not have that history, unless you count his input to BB with the Giants. During his tenure at Cleveland from 1991-1995 the Browns never once took a pass rusher in the first 3 rounds. Nor has he taken one in 9 drafts with the Patriots in the first 3 rounds, either at DE (3-4 DE's like Richard Seymour, Ty Warren and Marquis Hill don't count) or at OLB. Jerod Mayo was an ILB, not a pass rusher. That's 0 pass rushers in 13 drafts in the first 3 rounds - that's a truly remarkable track record.

So I think you have a very valid point that it would be an enormous anomaly to expect BB to draft not 1, but perhaps 2 pass rushers in the first 3 rounds of 2010. It's a valid point.

I'm not sure what underlies this track record. You suggest fear of an ability to "coach up" prospects. Certainly guys off the BB tree like Al Groh have a track record of being able to "coach up" DE/OLBs. And Mike Vrabel wasn't exactly a finished product when he came here from Pittsburgh. I think that BB/Romeo Crennel can claim some responsibility for Vrabes success. But I don't know the answer.

I think we desperately need pass rushers, and BB is too smart not to know that. He may get some through FA/trade, but I think he's going to have to look in the draft. There's a lot of good ones coming out with the attributes he has publicly stated as desirable. He's spoken publicly about seriously considering guys like Will Smith in the past.

So I hope he takes some. But his track record is not encouraging, I grant you.

Great post.
he just refuses to invest any quality draft picks on the position.

I have always wondered why he can't draft just ONE LB he doesn't have to coach-up. There must be one out there?

Great post.
he just refuses to invest any quality draft picks on the position.

I have always wondered why he can't draft just ONE LB he doesn't have to coach-up. There must be one out there?

I'd be very happy to get someone like Ray Edwards from Minnesota (24 years old, 6'5", 268#, 6.5 sacks this year) through FA (if possible) or trade and add a couple of guys through the draft - maybe one "strongside" guy like Carlos Dunlap, Derrick Morgan, Greg Romeus, Greg Hardy or Everson Griffen, and one "weakside" guy like Jason Pierre-Paul, Jeremy Beal, Sergio Kindle or Austen Lane.

Remember, Jared Allen was a "developmental pick" in the 4th round.

Nolan Nawrocki of Pro Football Weekly has his DL rankings up today:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/20...llWeekly.com - McCoy, Suh top strong DL class

His top 4 DEs:

1. Jason Pierre-Paul, South Florida (Jr.)
6-5½e, 260e, 4.65e

"A raw junior-college transfer with freakish athletic ability and vines for arms, Pierre-Paul really could benefit from another year in college, as he is only a one-year starter who lacks great instincts and a natural feel for the game. He too often loses the ball and looks lost, and he could stand to get stronger and mature more into his body to improve against the run. Nonetheless, should Pierre-Paul declare, his rare physical skill set would likely translate very well to the pro game as a pass rusher, possessing the loose hips, flexibility, burst and movement skills that cannot be taught. He is a slam-dunk first-round pick."

2. Derrick Morgan, Georgia Tech (Jr.)
6-4e, 275e, 4.8e

"Morgan is not an elite athlete with ideal quickness or lateral agility to bend off the edge and create a pass rush on his own. However, he is the most polished and complete defensive end in this class, showing an outstanding motor and consistently pressuring the quarterback with his great energy and effort. He could comfort NFL executives seeking a safe selection at the top of the draft given that they know exactly what they are getting. Nonetheless, much like Chris Long coming out of Virginia, Morgan always could struggle to be more than an eight-sack producer because of athletic limitations."

3. Carlos Dunlap, Florida (Jr.)
6-6e, 280e, 4.7e

"The minute the gifted athlete walked through the door at Florida, it was easy to assess how talented he was athletically. In a similar mold as Panthers DE Julius Peppers, the true junior has shown flashes of becoming a star pass rusher. More often than not, however, he leaves evaluators disappointed and wanting to see more. Based on upside alone, Dunlap could warrant first-round interest. Questions about his toughness, work ethic and consistency could considerably hinder his draft stock, however, and limit him from reaching his potential in the pros. In addition, his arrest Tuesday for allegedly driving under the influence and his subsequent suspension from the team raises more questions about his maturity. He will need a patient, yet demanding positional coach who can maximize his talents in the pro game."

4. Greg Romeus, Pittsburgh (Jr.)
6-4½e, 265e, 4.75e

"Romeus looks every bit the part, and he definitely will pass the eyeball test. Similar to Giants DE Justin Tuck coming out of Notre Dame, Romeus has great length and an impressive-looking frame into which to grow and be molded. Having played only one year of high school football, his best years are clearly ahead of him. He has shown the ability to produce in the clutch, as he did late in the game against Notre Dame, and he flashes elite pass-rush ability. However, his pass-rush arsenal is very underdeveloped, and he needs to learn how to use his hands and play more disciplined."

Add Greg Hardy and Everson Griffen to the mix, and you have a very interesting group.

from FFtoolbox.com
Don't know what his off-the-field incidences are.

Navorro Bowman OLB, Penn State is the best 4-3 outside linebacker prospect for the 2010 draft. Bowman has great speed for a 232 pound linebacker and is equally effective rushing the passer or dropping into coverage. Bowman has obvious first round talent, but his mile long list of off-the-field incidences might scare some teams away. Through just 26 games, Bowman has tallied 147 tackles, 25 tackles for loss, 5 sacks, broken up 8 passes, intercepted 1 pass, forced 3 fumbles, and even blocked a kick on special teams. He also recovered a fumble earlier this season, which he ran back 91 yards for a touchdown. Bowman is excellent against the run, and rarely misses a tackle if he gets his hands on the ball carrier. He has solid coverage skills, and the speed to turn and run with NFL tight ends and running backs. He will need to work on not biting on play action, because his speed won't save him at the next level. If a team can look past his run-ins with the law, Bowman should go in the late first round if he declares for the draft.

from FFtoolbox.com
Don't know what his off-the-field incidences are.

Navorro Bowman OLB, Penn State is the best 4-3 outside linebacker prospect for the 2010 draft. Bowman has great speed for a 232 pound linebacker and is equally effective rushing the passer or dropping into coverage. Bowman has obvious first round talent, but his mile long list of off-the-field incidences might scare some teams away. Through just 26 games, Bowman has tallied 147 tackles, 25 tackles for loss, 5 sacks, broken up 8 passes, intercepted 1 pass, forced 3 fumbles, and even blocked a kick on special teams. He also recovered a fumble earlier this season, which he ran back 91 yards for a touchdown. Bowman is excellent against the run, and rarely misses a tackle if he gets his hands on the ball carrier. He has solid coverage skills, and the speed to turn and run with NFL tight ends and running backs. He will need to work on not biting on play action, because his speed won't save him at the next level. If a team can look past his run-ins with the law, Bowman should go in the late first round if he declares for the draft.

Bowman is a 230 lb. Cover-2 type of WLB with nice speed and pursuit. He's not a 3-4 OLB or a pass rusher suitable for our team. I'd personally rank Bowman behind Travis Lewis of Oklahoma and Sean Weatherspoon of Missouri as a 4-3 WLB, but he's certainly up there in the mix. I think I had him going around 33 or 34 in my first mock. But I don't think he's a suitable player for the Pats at all.

Pass rushers are at such a premium, almost like a 40 HR hitter (post steroid era). Looking at traditional top defenses it all starts with the front seven. The Pats included, the 2003 and 2004 teams were so solid across the entire front seven. I expect them to draft 2-3 front seven players on Day 1.

Hearing them talk about Dunlap like that just makes you salivate. Hopefully we can add some LB's this year in the draft. 2011 with that Raiders pick I'm liking an AJ Green or Patrick Peterson. Imagine Green, Tate, Welker, and Moss with Green under the tutelage of Randy. Or getting Peterson who I think is going to be like Revis. Big and strong to get physical and jam but still fast and athletic enough to stay with the fastest WR. Peterson, Butler, Wilhite, Wheatley at CB and Meriweather, McGowan, Chung at S. WOW. That's a nice secondary :eek:

Hearing them talk about Dunlap like that just makes you salivate. Hopefully we can add some LB's this year in the draft. 2011 with that Raiders pick I'm liking an AJ Green or Patrick Peterson. Imagine Green, Tate, Welker, and Moss with Green under the tutelage of Randy. Or getting Peterson who I think is going to be like Revis. Big and strong to get physical and jam but still fast and athletic enough to stay with the fastest WR. Peterson, Butler, Wilhite, Wheatley at CB and Meriweather, McGowan, Chung at S. WOW. That's a nice secondary :eek:

2011's a long way off. But right now, my plan would be something like the following:

1. Load up on the OL and DL/OLB in 2010. Build from the lines out; re-establish the run defense and the pass rush; and build a more powerful OL to complement Vollmer and Mankins in the left side. I don't really want any "skill players" in the first 3 rounds at this point. Ideally, I'd want one "strongside" pass rusher (Carlos Dunlap, Derrick Morgan, Greg Romeus or Greg Hardy) and one "weakside" guy (Jason Pierre-Paul, Jeremy Beal, Sergio Kindle or Austen Lane; possibly Jerry Hughes, Ricky Sapp or Von Miller). Maybe a 3-4 DE (Cameron Heyward, Allen Bailey, Jared Odrick, Arthur Jones, Corey Wootton, Adrian Clayborn, Cameron Jordan or Leonard Marsh). I'd like at least one interior lineman (ideally Maurkice Pouncey, Mike Iupati, or Gabe Carimi) and either another interior lineman or a RT (ideally Joseph Barksdale or Carimi, or possibly Vladimir Ducasse).

2. Take CB Patrick Peterson with Oakland's 2011 pick, which is likely a top 10 pick. I agree with you about him. Peterson and Butler would be as good a CB tandem as there is in the NFL, and Meriweather-Chung-McGowan would be right up there as a safety group. Add Wilheat and Wheatley for depth, and I think WOW about covers it.

3. Trade up (possibly combining our 2nd and 1st round picks) to get one of the top WRs. We will need to groom a successor to Moss. With 5 really talented guys probably coming out (Julio Jones, AJ Green, Michael Smith, Jonathan Baldwin and DeAndre Brown) they can't all go top 10. One or more will be within trading reach. Jonathan Baldwin in my personal favorite - 6'5" 220# speedster who reminds me a lot of Moss. AJ Green is the other one I really like. But I think they may all be better than any WR available in 2010.

Again, it's incredibly early, but "a man without a plan is not a man", and at least it's a working plan for now.

2011's a long way off. But right now, my plan would be something like the following:

1. Load up on the OL and DL/OLB in 2010. Build from the lines out; re-establish the run defense and the pass rush; and build a more powerful OL to complement Vollmer and Mankins in the left side. I don't really want any "skill players" in the first 3 rounds at this point. Ideally, I'd want one "strongside" pass rusher (Carlos Dunlap, Derrick Morgan, Greg Romeus or Greg Hardy) and one "weakside" guy (Jason Pierre-Paul, Jeremy Beal, Sergio Kindle or Austen Lane; possibly Jerry Hughes, Ricky Sapp or Von Miller). Maybe a 3-4 DE (Cameron Heyward, Allen Bailey, Jared Odrick, Arthur Jones, Corey Wootton, Adrian Clayborn, Cameron Jordan or Leonard Marsh). I'd like at least one interior lineman (ideally Maurkice Pouncey, Mike Iupati, or Gabe Carimi) and either another interior lineman or a RT (ideally Joseph Barksdale or Carimi, or possibly Vladimir Ducasse).

2. Take CB Patrick Peterson with Oakland's 2011 pick, which is likely a top 10 pick. I agree with you about him. Peterson and Butler would be as good a CB tandem as there is in the NFL, and Meriweather-Chung-McGowan would be right up there as a safety group. Add Wilheat and Wheatley for depth, and I think WOW about covers it.

3. Trade up (possibly combining our 2nd and 1st round picks) to get one of the top WRs. We will need to groom a successor to Moss. With 5 really talented guys probably coming out (Julio Jones, AJ Green, Michael Smith, Jonathan Baldwin and DeAndre Brown) they can't all go top 10. One or more will be within trading reach. Jonathan Baldwin in my personal favorite - 6'5" 220# speedster who reminds me a lot of Moss. AJ Green is the other one I really like. But I think they may all be better than any WR available in 2010.

Again, it's incredibly early, but "a man without a plan is not a man", and at least it's a working plan for now.

You meant Michael Floyd right? Anyway, sounds like a great plan to me, I couldn't agree with you more. We see eye to eye on a lot of things. The fact that we have two first round picks in 2011 is absolute money because that is going to be a pretty stacked front of the draft IMO. If we could haul Peterson and one of those WR's, I'd be elated. I agree that all of those guys are better than any WR available this year.

I also think BB will be more prone to trade up in 2011 to get the talent he wants if there is a rookie salary cap, rather than moving back like he did in 09.

Last edited:

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back