PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

At this moment, who would you rather have as your PK, Gostkowski or Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gost. Adam has been shaky lately, doesn't have great range, and Gost puts us in great field position on kickoffs.

Ditto. It's easy to say that we'd rather have Gostkowski now, he is clearly the better athlete and has a long career ahead of him. BUT, you gotta wonder what the outcome of last year's SB would be if we still had THE most clutch postseason kicker of all time waiting on the bench.

That's exactly what he would have been doing as Brady tried to convert the 4th down, since he missed every kick of 40+ yards he tried last year.

Last edited:
Count the Rings! If he is so good why didn't they let him kick the FG at the end of the half in the Super Bowl!!!!

Dunno, but that wasn't the Pats' best coaching day AT ALL. So I place less credence on that choice than I otherwise might have.

Ditto. It's easy to say that we'd rather have Gostkowski now, he is clearly the better athlete and has a long career ahead of him. BUT, you gotta wonder what the outcome of last year's SB would be if we still had THE most clutch postseason kicker of all time waiting on the bench.

I wouldn't trust Adam with anything longer than 4o yards anymore. He doesn't have nearly the range that Gost does. There is no way BB would have had Adam try that fieldgoal in the superbowl last year. Adam is well past his prime. At this point, you take Gost hands down.

Gost has 100% of my confidence. Giving credit to BB and co, I think they brought him in at exactly the right time and developed him at exactly the right pace.

AV was looking at the downside of his career when he left, but the dome helped him out a lot-it was a good move for AV and a good one for us.

It was sorta sad to see Adam miss yesterday (though we cheered when he did:halo:). Great memories with AV, but we've pretty much moved on.

Ghost looks like he's well on his way to becoming a Great one:cool:...Adam who?;)

welker....just kidding, sorta...but I'd take the Gost.

Being I am a Patriots fan and NOT a Colts fan.... Gostkowski

i am a big fan of Gostkowski and think in the end he could prove to be every bit as good as Adam. But, I can't forget the snow bowl kicks and the SB XXXVI and XXXVIII game winners. Until the Ghost puts up pressure kicks when everything is riding on it, I'll always wish we still had Number Four.

I just don't think that BB would have gone for it on fourth and forever inside FG range in a dome if AV had been warming up on the sidelines... Sorry, but that's how I feel. We lost by three...

Last edited:
i am a big fan of Gostkowski and think in the end he could prove to be every bit as good as Adam. But, I can't forget the snow bowl kicks and the SB XXXVI and XXXVIII game winners. Until the Ghost puts up pressure kicks when everything is riding on it, I'll always wish we still had Number Four.

As I said above, he did it twice in his second playoff game (including a 50-yarder when the Patriots desperately needed to make something happen).

As I said above, he did it twice in his second playoff game (including a 50-yarder when the Patriots desperately needed to make something happen).

Granted...and among the reasons why I'm a big fan of his...but neither compares to what Adam did in the snow bowl or the first two SB's with time expiring...and i'm still left with the nagging concern that BB didn't let him kick in the SB on fourth and forever in a dome...

as good as vinatieri is, or was, Gostkowski is amazing. hes proben to be clutch also

He hasn't needed to be clutch in most cases because he didn't miss every kick before crunch time like Adam did in the more famous big ones.

If you're talking about the great things Adam did for this team then that's one thing, but right now the answer is very obviously Gost. Adam seems to miss one a game these days.

The 49 yarder in the San Fran game was obviously huge and probably sealed the win for us. I am hoping that BB has more confidence in Gostkowski as the year goes forward. We coulda used those 3 pts in the Superbowl last year instead of going for it on like 4th and 14!!!

Right now it's obviously Gostkowski. Aside from the FG's, there's no comparison between the two on kickoffs at this point in their careers.

Granted...and among the reasons why I'm a big fan of his...but neither compares to what Adam did in the snow bowl or the first two SB's with time expiring...and i'm still left with the nagging concern that BB didn't let him kick in the SB on fourth and forever in a dome...
Nothing anyone did compars to the snowbowl kick - the greatest kick in the history of the NFL.

But that doesn't mean we didn't do the right thing by going with Gost rather than Adam.

BB was going for it on fourth and long with Adam for Adam's last couple of years if you recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes