PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Asomugha to JEST a good thing!??!

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Mike Lombardi, the Jets have offered Asomugha $12 million a year. I don't know if it will be enough though. San Fran might have offered significantly more than that.

One good thing for this is that if the Jets pay Asomugha that much, it means Revis will likely hold out next season (he already said he would). As the Jets' #1 CB, he will want to be paid significantly more than Asomugha.

Against the Pats, the Jets would likely play Revis on Welker, Asomugha on Hernandez, and double cover Branch and Tate on the outside with Wilson and their No. 4 CB getting safety help. (Wilson is better on the boundary, anyway)

You forgot Gronk, Woodhead/Faulk screens.

Meh, I'll take my chances against your nickle and safeties - just like I would assume Rex's face lights up when he see's Darius Butler on the field. As stated, Revis can and will cover Welker and the next best receiving option will be covered by Aso....but honestly, I think the match-up in the second tier favors the Pats.

Why would I be kidding? The Jets single covered our outside receivers in the playoff game. Revis & Cro vs. Branch & Tate was a huge advantage in their favor. Revis & Asomugha isn't going to change that advantage. We're still nullified on the outside. And we'll still need to rely on our other weapons.

There's a difference between having a talented CB and having a CB that most teams don't even dare to throw at. With a talented CB, you still have to scheme to defend against a beat. With a Nnamdi/Revis, you can basically ignore them against all but the elite receivers/QBs. That allows you to do things with your safeties that you can't do when you've got lesser CBs, and it didn't even take an Asomugha to put the clamps down on the Patriots in the playoffs last year.

That's why you'd be kidding.

Last edited:
Where are the jets getting all this money?If Asomugha is a jet then its just not fair.

I want Asomugha to be a Jet! BRING IT ON! GAME ON!

How about this? 3 TE set with RB and FB...5 linemen and Brady. Run that against the Jets and their 2 elite CBs. Two TEs could go wide and do the box out on them beating them to a pulp in the process. Or you could run on them.

What do you think? DIscuss.

Where are the jets getting all this money?If Asomugha is a jet then its just not fair.

That's what im saying,they have only got rid of one player,entering the F/A they were 1.5 over the cap :confused:

I want Asomugha to be a Jet! BRING IT ON! GAME ON!

How about this? 3 TE set with RB and FB...5 linemen and Brady. Run that against the Jets and their 2 elite CBs. Two TEs could go wide and do the box out on them beating them to a pulp in the process. Or you could run on them.

What do you think? DIscuss.

discuss? How about this, you tell me how adding the second best CB to the 3rd best defense in the NFL does anything but strengthens them? So when are the Jets unable to stop the run?

Players are restructuring contracts..and Tanny is a cap guru.

Only so much you can do that,Adding Holmes back and maybe Asomugha there will be no room

Last edited:
Only so much you can do that,Adding Holmes back and maybe Asomugha there will be no room

This is how they can make a run at Aso:
@TheJetsStream Manish Mehta
GM Mike Tannenbaum's creativity on display. #Jets Santonio Holmes will only count $2.45M against 2011 cap. $1M base salary, per source. #nyj

This is how they can make a run at Aso:
@TheJetsStream Manish Mehta
GM Mike Tannenbaum's creativity on display. #Jets Santonio Holmes will only count $2.45M against 2011 cap. $1M base salary, per source. #nyj

so after this year they are going to be hit hard

Its a risk he is clearly willing to take, but knowing him he will probably just restructer someone elses contract to make it all work out.

This is the same thing Jets fans repeatedly were told going into this offseason. Wasn't it supposed to be impossible for the Jets to sign anyone this year?

At this point it's silly to act like Tannenbaum doesn't have a plan for now and the future with every move he makes.

This is the same thing Jets fans repeatedly were told going into this offseason. Wasn't it supposed to be impossible for the Jets to sign anyone this year?

At this point it's silly to act like Tannenbaum doesn't have a plan for now and the future with every move he makes.

Yeah, he reminds me of Carmen Policy. Go New Jersey Jets!

Players are restructuring contracts..and Tanny is a cap guru.

Easier to be a cap guru when the commish is customizing the rules and dates for your benefit.

Anybody who thinks Aso to the Jets is a good thing and is not worried is talking out of his ass. You think Ryans defenses made Brady look average before wait and see what he does with the two best corners in the game at his disposal.

That's what im saying,they have only got rid of one player,entering the F/A they were 1.5 over the cap :confused:

Jets were never 1.5 over the cap. ESPN reported false numbers. They were about 8 mil under, and can free up enough room to spend 25mil.

Take off your homer hats for a few minutes and imagine Nnamdi to the Jets. If you are a football purist you gotta love the idea of TB going up against the best secondary in modern history 2-3x a year dontcha??

What are you talkin about. Asomugha to NYJ not a good thing dontcha know?

:rofl: People actually believe that? I thought it was a joke.

This.

Jets think Goodell is in Kraft's pocket, Pats think he's in Tanny's pocket, most think he's in Polian's pocket. This **** is beyond ******ed and needs to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes