PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Asomugha to JEST a good thing!??!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This.

Jets think Goodell is in Kraft's pocket, Pats think he's in Tanny's pocket, most think he's in Polian's pocket. This **** is beyond ******ed and needs to stop.

+1 It truley is comical that people are so twisted they would think of this ****.

i actually like all of this. Jets and their fans are going to have such big heads over this offseason..when they fail to win the division and SB..again..it will all come crashing down. :rocker:

You want to know a good thing? Folk is back with the jets..hahaha

Last edited:
i actually like all of this. Jets and their fans are going to have such big heads over this offseason..when they fail to win the division and SB..again..it will all come crashing down. :rocker:

I mean being realistic you probably wont like it if the Jets get Aso..but I hope the thought of that does make you feel better for your sake.

I mean being realistic you probably wont like it if the Jets get Aso..but I hope the thought of that does make you feel better for your sake.

I was thinking of next year when Revis holds out. What does Aso do then?

this is the worst news of the offseason for me

Jets invest heavy into 2 DB's while we invest heavy into our running game? Sounds good to me.

2008 Cowboys = 2011 Jets ??

Tons of hype for the "most talented team ever" in 2008, and that worked out poorly. And for the reasons why this is different (i.e. Wade Phillips was too soft, etc.), hind-sight has 20-20 vision. Of course there will be differences, but remember that it was considered a foregone conclusion that such a talented team must be the best.

Problem with being the "best" before the season starts is thinking it and not working hard before the season. Teams that don't think they're the best are the ones that are hungry and fight for it.

Last edited:
I'm no Jets fan, but signing Aso is a good thing for them, very good thing. Saying otherwise, as I stated before, it's just being foolishly defiant.

All that said, who knows what the future brings.....but I can say with certainty - Jets fans get c*cky pretty quickly. Ever see this many Jets fans here? No? Me either. LOL!

Last edited:
Jets invest heavy into 2 DB's while we invest heavy into our running game? Sounds good to me.

Unless you were good with LoMo, why would you have any confidence in those 2 rookie RBs?

Unless you were good with LoMo, why would you have any confidence in those 2 rookie RBs?

I like to be the optimist but have to agree with DI, they haven't done anything in the pro's yet, we've hardly invested into the run game very heavily apart from hopefully resigning Mankins'.

I love Law-firm and want to see him perform as he did last season, and Woodhead is just entertaining as hell to watch, but 2 UDFA's a 2nd, and a 3rd rounder who have never played a single down in the pro's isn't a very heavy investment.

We'll have to wait to see how it all unfolds during the season. The Jets still have a top tier run defense, some people here seem to think that if they get Nnamdi it will hurt their run defense.

Well if they don't sign Aso, then Drayton Florence (who they were supposedly in touch with) is out of the picture. He's staying with the Bills $15 million over 3 years per Schefter.

Winning the division is good but this team needs to win a damn playoff game!!!!I hope asomugha is not a jet.

I'm no Jets fan, but signing Aso is a good thing for them, very good thing. Saying otherwise, as I stated before, it's just being foolishly defiant.

All that said, who knows what the future brings.....but I can say with certainty - Jets fans get c*cky pretty quickly. Ever see this many Jets fans here? No? Me either. LOL!

I couldn't agree more. Anybody that isnt' wearing the homer glasses knows this will make the Jets almost impossible to throw against.

Signing Asa wouldn't bother me if the Jets lost Holmes, but they were able to do it. Add on top of that a motivated Randy Moss, an improved S.Greene and Sanchez. You can say they may even improved offensively .

I am still hoping he will go to the Niners, but it seems his heart is set on the Jets.

How does one team continue to win off season championships year after year?

We're drafting OLs,TE,RB's. Mankins is looking good. Why shouldn't i believe that our running game is going to improve? Certainly can't decline can it?

The question is one of opportunity cost. Aso would obviously strengthen the cornerback position for them; is a great thirty year old second corner worth the cost in 2011? In 2012-whenever he leaves the team? You have to wait until they've finished building the team to see what they have to give up (now and in the future) for that luxury.

We're drafting OLs,TE,RB's. Mankins is looking good. Why shouldn't i believe that our running game is going to improve? Certainly can't decline can it?

Of course it can. I'm not saying that it will, but there's certainly the possibility.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand