PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Asomugha to JEST a good thing!??!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please oh please come to the Pats instead :(

Patriots have never brought in pricey corners so forget that. They are apprehensive about even spending money to keep the good ones they've had.

Nnamdi to the Jets is not as big an issue for the Patriots as it would be for other teams due to the number of weapons in the passing game. I would be more disheartened if they kept Edwards in addition to the Holmes signing than I will be with Nnamdi to the Jets. I still have no respect for the Jets offense.

Please oh please come to the Pats instead :(

The Pats don't need an old, expensive CB with the stink of the crypt keeper Al Davis on him. He'll be perfect on the JEST. Asomugha will look silly atrophying as he chases Danny Woodhead, Wes Welker and Julian Edelman around with Gronk rumbling up the sideline taking dead aim on his rickety skeletal Al Davis infested carcass.

Interesting DEs and OLBs are surfacing however.

No. I don't love that idea. It's a nightmare for any QB to face, 'football purist' or not. I'm hoping some GM out there vastly overpays for Asomugha so he doesn't end up in Jets land. The last thing I want to see is Tubby Rex hoisting the Lombardi and spouting 'I told you we'd win it all' in a nationwide press conference.

Take off your homer hats for a few minutes and imagine Nnamdi to the Jets. If you are a football purist you gotta love the idea of TB going up against the best secondary in modern history 2-3x a year dontcha?? New York/Boston, Belichick/Ryan, Offense/Defense, so many story lines. There is so much more satisfaction in beating a good team than a crappy team, right? I dont expect everyone to be so bold as to emplore competition, but isnt that what we watch football for to begin with?

The Pats don't need an old, expensive CB with the stink of the crypt keeper Al Davis on him. He'll be perfect on the JEST. Asomugha will look silly atrophying as he chases Danny Woodhead, Wes Welker and Julian Edelman around with Gronk rumbling up the sideline taking dead aim on his rickety skeletal Al Davis infested carcass.

Do you honestly think that Asomugha would have trouble covering Edelman? Seriously?

Don't forget Nmandi is 30.. not exactly the age you want to throw a huge contract at a guy unless he's a QB.

What would REALLY be great for the pats is if the jets can sign a motivated Randy Moss for the vet minimum to destroy their locker room, and some injury prone back like Ronnie Brown or Joe Addai on "prove it" deals.

OH THOSE SILLY JETS!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!! (No)

Listening to ESPN Boston..Andy Hart says pats are still favorite.but if jets get Nnamdi..he is going to go to jest and the ability to shut down this Offense as it stands now. Take it for what it's worth

He's 30, not 65.

Champ Bailey and Charles Woodson are both a lot older and still performing at a high level. The Jests also managed to retain their #1 receiver who took a pay cut to stay there according to sources.

The Jests are quite serious about building a real team and several players have either offered, or as the article I read said "players have been told" their deals will be restructured to bring Nnamdi on board.

Yes, they will have a lot of their cap tied up in 2 corners but they are finding ways to make it work while still bringing in high level players. They're also in contact with Moss right now as they figure Braylon will walk.

I also doubt they will sign him to a simple one year deal, this duo will be around for at least a few years if the Jets manage to bring him in.

Last edited:
Listening to ESPN Boston..Andy Hart says pats are still favorite.but if jets get Nnamdi..he is going to go to jest and the ability to shut down this Offense as it stands now. Take it for what it's worth

Does it mean that if Andy Hart annoits the Jets the favorite that they are awarded the AFC East title in August? Hart has his opinion. Until I see what both teams' opening day roster is, I reserve judgement. Free agency hasn't even started.

Gronk rumbling up the sideline taking dead aim on his rickety skeletal Al Davis infested carcass.

lol

TENCHAR

Does it mean that if Andy Hart annoits the Jets the favorite that they are awarded the AFC East title in August?

Calm down champ...just posting what he said :rolleyes:

What would REALLY be great for the pats is if the jets can sign a motivated Randy Moss for the vet minimum to destroy their locker room, and some injury prone back like Ronnie Brown or Joe Addai on "prove it" deals.

OH THOSE SILLY JETS!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!! (No)

I would laugh if they signed Adalius. He's 34, hasn't played in a year, and frankly wasn't very good in 2009.

As much as I would hate it if the Jets got Asomugha, it wouldn't change the way the Pats play them. Revis locks down Branch, whoever Asomugha covers on the outside is - unless we sign somebody - generally a non-factor.

Neither one of those guys can cover Welker, Gronk, Hernandez or Woodhead. In fact, Welker has abused both Revis & Asomugha at times. The Cassel game in Oakland comes to mind where Nnamdi struggled to cover Wes.

Last edited:
As much as I would hate it if the Jets got Asomugha, it wouldn't change the way the Pats play them. Revis locks down Branch, whoever Asomugha covers on the outside is - unless we sign somebody - generally a non-factor.

Neither one of those guys can cover Welker, Gronk, Hernandez or Woodhead. In fact, Welker has abused both Revis & Asomugha at times. The Cassel game in Oakland comes to mind where Nnamdi struggled to cover Wes.

If you've got Revis and Nnamdi, you've completely shut down the two outside receivers. That allows you to use 9 players to attack the QB and flood the middle of the field.

Of course that changes how the Patriots will have to play them.

If you've got Revis and Nnamdi, you've completely shut down the two outside receivers. That allows you to use 9 players to attack the QB and flood the middle of the field.

Okay. That makes it 9 on 9. You're concerned about....?

It's 9 on 8. Tom's busy.

Yeah, but he's got five big nasty guys (including Logan Mankins, thank God) giving him time to do what he does so well. 2 CBs covering 2 WRs leaves 9 on 9, whatever their positions might be. And we're concerned about....?

Who were they doubling last year, Tate or Branch?

Okay. That makes it 9 on 9. You're concerned about....?

Not to mention, who are those 9...and if one or two of them come up lame, who are 10 and 11...and if one of 1 or 2 comes up lame who replaces him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back