PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Arkansas up on LSU 28-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
All y'all hating on McFadden can go ahead and post your retractions.
Over 100 yards on the ground, 2 rushing TDs and just now a passing TD.
McFadden on the Patriots? Why the heck not?
If beating #1 LSU in every way possible doesn't prove you're worth it, what will??

Why the heck not? Because we're losing Samuel, a very good CB after this year. Seau and Bruschi have a combined age of nearly 80 years old.

I love McFadden and he would be sick in our offense, but he is a luxury we simply cannot afford.

no1 here HATEs McFadden..we just feel we dont need another offensive player because our D needs

Don't forget 3 fumbles.

Don't forget 3 fumbles.

Pretty sure all the great backs had games where they fumbled :rolleyes: I saw peterson fumble twice when he set the record.

Last edited:

BECAUSE OUR RUNNING GAME IS SOLID AND WE WILL HAVE HUGE NEEDS AT LINEBACKER AND CORNER. You people have got to be some level of ******ed to not get this. Good Lord, this isn't even a QUESTION, even for those of us who are duly impressed with McFadden.

We have WAY bigger issues to spend the #5 (or trade it) on a running back. Do you realize how clueless you seem in pushing this agenda. Who the Hell is going to play LB in 2009 and onward????

And what the hell do you supposed we pay him with, popcorn and nickels?

OT was the worst thing to happen to Arkansas. LSU will score at will on a short field and Arkansas won't last against their D.

i think its easier to find decent backs in this league than d linemen and LB's. Mcfadden may be extraordinary but still an RB. if maroney plays out as expected we dont need another RB tying up 1st round money.there will be many teams who will want mcfadden so we should trade out IMO

Last edited:
Personally, I prefer the Pats trade down, try to cover their LB/CB needs, then pick up a guy like Jacob Hester later on.

This kid is all motor. He can run, catch, block, and would be a great compliment to Maroney.

Arkansas is killing me - the option gets 2, 2, then 10 yards.

im really liking Payton Hillis..complete FB...can run a few..very good hands it seems..saw him make a few nice kickout blocks.

im impressed by not just McFadden and Jones as i have all year..but Hillis is a guy i like as well

i really think he can end up being a chris Cooley type of player. an H Back..will play FB..TE. sort of what we wanted out of Garrett Mills.

Last edited:
im really liking Payton Hillis..complete FB...can run a few..very good hands it seems..saw him make a few nice kickout blocks.

im impressed by not just McFadden and Jones as i have all year..but Hillis is a guy i like as well

i really think he can end up being a chris Cooley type of player. an H Back..will play FB..TE. sort of what we wanted out of Garrett Mills.

Hillis is a nice little FB, but seriously who drafts fullbacks anymore? Certainly not in the first day.

If beating #1 LSU in every way possible doesn't prove you're worth it, what will??

Are you an Arkansas fan? I ask because you made two or three threads concerning Arkansas' performance against LSU, and you've made other threads just about McFadden in recent weeks.

Hillis is a nice little FB, but seriously who drafts fullbacks anymore? Certainly not in the first day.

3rd/4th round depending how he tests. i think he can make a decent TE as well..save u a roster spot with a special teamer, FB and TE

Are you an Arkansas fan? I ask because you made two or three threads concerning Arkansas' performance against LSU, and you've made other threads just about McFadden in recent weeks.

I've got to be an Arkansas fan to tune in to watch the #1 team in NCAA football play an epic 50-48 point triple OT game?? Oh gee. Didn't realize non-razorback fans weren't allowed to watch one of the biggest upsets of the year!

McFadden blew up for 300+ yards the same week that Adrian Peterson blew up for 296. Now he does THIS on national TV against #1 LSU. Of course he's bound to draw attention. What did you think, people don't turn on their TVs just because you don't think runningbacks are needed by the Patriots? That's an awfully myopic view of the world there.

Personally, I prefer the Pats trade down, try to cover their LB/CB needs, then pick up a guy like Jacob Hester later on.

This kid is all motor. He can run, catch, block, and would be a great compliment to Maroney.

Uh Jacob Hester sucks. He will have no career at the next level.

I think Hester will be good at the next level, NFL. He runs a 4.5 by the way.

McFadden fumbled 3 times. Kind of unusual.

McFadden's style won't translate directly to the NFL. You can't just outrun people in the NFL. DBs are a lot faster.

Almost everything you could say about McFadden you could have said about MARONEY 2 years ago. Watch his highlight films. He was a demon in college.

The holes aren't there in the pros though. I think that's why Maroney dances so much, he just can't believe there is nowhere to go. That just isn't how it is in college.

When you draft Mcfadden, you don't just get the player. You also get a 8M per year contract. So who would you rather have? Moss and Maroney or McFadden and Maroney? NOT FAIR! It is fair, that's how it works.

4.5 is awful for a running back.

McFadden's game is not based solely on speed. He runs at a decent pad level when penetrating the hole. This upright label that is attached to him is strictly because he runs outside the tackles so frequently at Arkansas. I'm very well aware of Maroney's comparisons although I think you have to look further into it than "highlight films." There is no knowing whether DMC will have trouble hitting the hole at the next level. The fact that they are both upright runners might lead you to believe he could have that issue. I think he is going to be a very good back and I'm not arguing they have to draft him if he is there for them, but its annoying seeing him get ripped.

I love how there are a lot of people here all over McFadden's balls. The more love for McFadden the more value our draft pick has. Some GM will want that guy like Ditka wanted Ricky.

BTW, did anyone hear the announcers rooting for LSU? The color guy was building Hester up and completely ingnoring McFadden. Unless McFadden fumbled. Those guys were cheering when LSU tied the game at 14 and then fell silent when Hillis ran that long TD to make it 21-14. Lundquist mumbled something like "...Hillis.....60 yards......touchdown....Arkansas...takes the lead again". Some here complain about Jim Nance. This was way worse. Anyone else notice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes