PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aren't we all going a little overboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My God are you full of it. The Patriots beat the Ravens, the Steelers and the Colts whilst maintaining a better record than all 3 of them. I watched the Ravens defense collapse against the Texans and pull out the result because of a turnover and I also watched the Steelers defense win the game for them against the Bengals too. Funny that because they are old fart defenses it's OK but it's not OK if the Patriots defense is playing better than the both of theirs right now.

Stop commenting on the defense. You have no leg to stand on.

You are not really reading/understanding my point. I'm done.

You are just another homer, failing to look at the big picture.
No, I'm a realist looking at the performance of now versus invented problems.

Last edited:
yes and no. I think your having fun with it and how well your doing. We applaud N.E. for their accomplishments . Just have fun, your doing well, why would you find fault with a fan base enjoying a team success.

Last edited:
You are just another homer, failing to look at the big picture.

the big picture says 11-2...

were you dropped on your head at birth??

Isn't that a little overboard? :p

No. If I was to go overboard I would have said that after the blowouts the Jets and Bears looked like guys after their first day in the prison yard...

the big picture says 11-2...

were you dropped on your head at birth??

That is just looking at the record. When you examine the games you can see that the offense has carried the team, and the defense has not played in many close games, which may hurt them in the playoffs.

That is just looking at the record. When you examine the games you can see that the offense has carried the team, and the defense has not played in many close games, which may hurt them in the playoffs.

so the "big picture" is something that hasn't happened but could happen, in YOUR mind, and that it could hurt them in the playoffs if what hasn't happened yet happens...uh...yeah...a freakin' rhesus monkey could come up with that kind of ***hat reasoning...

again...were you dropped on your head at birth?

so the "big picture" is something that hasn't happened but could happen, in YOUR mind, and that it could hurt them in the playoffs if what hasn't happened yet happens...uh...yeah...a freakin' rhesus monkey could come up with that kind of ***hat reasoning...

again...were you dropped on your head at birth?

Well, people this week have been saying that anything less than the Super Bowl will be a disappointment. I am just trying to say I wouldnt go that far because of the defense that the Patriots have really has not been tested. I would say that, IF the Patriots got to the Super Bowl the fast track in Dallas would hurt the Patriots. I could see the Falcons or Saints lighting the Pats D up, similar to the Saints game last season. The D is built for the cold, slower playing surfaces in the league.

Last edited:
That is what fans do; they swing too far in either direction: get too high, sink too low.

Boston fans are usually one of the exceptions, much more pessimistic than most.

As far as "almost" throwing three picks, first I only remember two, and one was a ridiculous effort by #54 to get his hands on a ball, and the other was on a tipped pass. Neither was a bad throw, just good defensive effort. And trust me, neither would have effected the outcome of that game.

SSDD

I agree with this.. and the reason why people are thinking super bowl is because TB is effortlessly going up and down the field.. so many weapons and so versatile.. so many different formations.. its almost unstoppable. Unless you can rush 4 guys and get pressure on brady your not gonna win the game. The Pats are now dictating how the games are played. And to top it off the D is a turn over waiting to happen.. they may give up yards but all these T.O's are not fluky. They have done it consistently all year.

OP you don't think the pats are odds on favorites to win another title this year? Who are you excited about? Or are you Paul Perillo in disguise throwing cold water on the pats accomplishments. JK pauly.. your the man.. you are a debbie downer once in a while though.

Last edited:
Well, people this week have been saying that anything less than the Super Bowl will be a disappointment. I am just trying to say I wouldnt go that far because of the defense that the Patriots have really has not been tested. I would say that, IF the Patriots got to the Super Bowl the fast track in Dallas would hurt the Patriots. I could see the Falcons or Saints lighting the Pats D up, similar to the Saints game last season. The D is built for the cold, slower playing surfaces in the league.
I'll sleep easier at night knowing that the Patriots defense isn't built to handle any conditions, any surfaces or any opponents they play.

Perhaps you've heard of this thing that Bill Beclichick talks about called "Bend don't break". That philosophy is designed specifically to combat your ridiculous notion. That's the whole premise of the New England Patriots. Play anywhere, anytime against anyone.

Last edited:

the bolded quote is absolute rubbish...obviously you have no idea what the physical capabilities of this team are.

Personally, I think experience in playing in close games is way overrated. What is important is that players make plays. That each player does his job. That players are motivated and confident.

In other words, whether you're right or wrong about the closeness of games, it's next to irrelevant in my opinion. If you want to talk about a defensive end consistently missing his assignments or a cornerback that holds on every play, then we can have a discussion.

Trying to show that the Patriots won't play well on defense in a close game when the only evidence this season is playing exceptionally well in a close game (Baltimore) is a tough task indeed. I'd suggest you give it up.

Last edited:
The only problem I see is that this young team has issues with being able to keep focus for 60 minutes or when they have a reason to not want to focus. BB has already show (jets huddle) that he is also concerned about this. He knows they need to focus when up alot or in a game that they are "supposed" to win (Cleve.). This is something that happens alot in young kids and BB has been working hard to get them to focus. I am worried about this week as this is setting up to be another game they might not focus on (everyone crowning their ass and Rodgers not playing). Will be interesting to see.

The D is built for the cold, slower playing surfaces in the league.

This used to be true but not so much anymore. The defense is stocked with young fast players. That being said you are right about the Saints but also the Colts will give the Patriots trouble. I got slammed on this last point but was gratified to hear my twin Fred Smerlas say the same thing last night.

If the Jets win a game then the Colts will miss the playoffs. Once we make the SB I don't fear NO, you can throw Jesus out there in the SB and we will play our hardest of the previous 6 appearances.

Last edited:
If you don't read the posts of others in a thread, then you can operate under the delusion that you alone see issues with uncommon clarity. The fact that 100 other posts say the same thing presents a major obstacle to that perception. Why read other posts in a 'discussion' forum when you can post random thoughts?

Well, to be honest I considered "we" as Pats Fans collectively....not just on this board. Points taken.

If the Jets win a game then the Colts will miss the playoffs. Once we make the SB I don't fear NO, you can throw Jesus out there in the SB and we will play our hardest of the previous 6 appearances.

If the Colts win on Sunday, then they are favorites to win their division.

The only problem I see is that this young team has issues with being able to keep focus for 60 minutes or when they have a reason to not want to focus. BB has already show (jets huddle) that he is also concerned about this. He knows they need to focus when up alot or in a game that they are "supposed" to win (Cleve.). This is something that happens alot in young kids and BB has been working hard to get them to focus. I am worried about this week as this is setting up to be another game they might not focus on (everyone crowning their ass and Rodgers not playing). Will be interesting to see.

Lose Focus? The biggest issue i've seen the defense have is BB switching to a scheme in games where they have huge leads that just plain doesn't work.

Also, the defense didn't lose the cleveland game. Everyone lost that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back