PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aren't we all going a little overboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
New thread. New topic. I dont make the threads. Seriously, the defense has really only been in close games in the 4th twice all year. One time they played very well and had some key stops vs. the Ravens and the other they gave up a TD and the offense couldnt do anything and they lost to the Jets. Doesnt them not being in many close 4th quarters concern you? More likely than not this will happen in the playoffs, are the Pats ready?
Different thread and different topic which you've managed to hijack to become about the defense. Don't make this an us versus you thing again. Last time it didn't work out well for you.

Let's keep it on the even keel of not getting ahead of ourselves (which BTW is a really really really stupid thread).

The only person who seems to be going overboard here is you. I've not see a ton of people say the Pats are going to the SB... Yes, I've seen a few mediots imply that the Pats will, but it's hardly everyone.

BTW, you do realize that ALMOST only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and nuclear bombs, right??? It doesn't matter if they "almost" happened. They didn't happen. Period.

I haven't gone overboard and neither have a majority of Pats fans on this board.

before the season started I thought the Pats would probably go 8-8...HOPEFULLY better...they've exceeded my expectations and I'm (here it comes...let's see if this has ANY impact on these incredible nitpicky nitwits) thoroughly enjoying it...WHAT is wrong with that? I don't get it..unless you're a "Steve From Fall River " nutso psychopath.

The Pats have made the playoffs...means they get a shot at the ring...I'm looking forward to it...why is THAT "going overboard!!!!!!"?.The only people who need to go overboard are the wackjobs that ceaselesslly try to find things wrong with the Patriots.

Will the Patriots make the Super Bowl??..I'm going to watch and find out....tell C. Little...what the hell will YOU be doing?

didn't the Pats stop Peytie and the Collossal Colts in the 4th quarter this season, and win?

Oooops...the Diner-sty has something in his eye again...or else he's MYOPIC

Last edited:
Different thread and different topic which you've managed to hijack to become about the defense. Don't make this an us versus you thing again. Last time it didn't work out well for you.

Let's keep it on the even keel of not getting ahead of ourselves (which BTW is a really really really stupid thread).

I didnt change the topic, another poster did. I still feel like I have a legitimate point about the defense, you didnt respond to the point I brought up, so maybe I do?

didn't the Pats stop Peytie and the Collossal Colts in the 4th quarter this season, and win?

Oooops...the Diner-sty has something in his eye again...or else he's MYOPIC

Gave up 14 4th quarter points, and were in danger of blowing a 17 point lead. Could be different in the playoffs and not force a turnover and end up losing. I wouldnt call this a strong game for the defense, besides making a play when they needed to

I didnt change the topic, another poster did. I still feel like I have a legitimate point about the defense, you didnt respond to the point I brought up, so maybe I do?
Of course you would. Children think Santa and fairies are real. That's about as legitimate as your points ever are.

Last edited:
Of course you would. Children think Santa and fairies are real. That's about as legitimate as your points ever are.

And whats your point that the lack of experience in close 4th quarter games is not a bad thing for the young and inexperienced defense? Won't have any effect on them at all in the playoffs because they have BB coaching them right?

I wouldnt call this a strong game for the defense, besides making a play when they needed to

heh ...heh heh...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
And whats your point that the lack of experience in close 4th quarter games is not a bad thing for the young and inexperienced defense? Won't have any effect on them at all in the playoffs because they have BB coaching them right?

whatever-dude-whatever.jpg

Well how many games have the Pats played in that were actually close in the 4th quarter?

Bengals- up 31-17, give up TD, win 38-24
Jets- down 21-14, give up a TD, lose 28-14
Bills- up 31-23, give up TD, win 38-30
Dolphins- up 27-14, no points, win 41-14
Ravens- down 17-10, give up FG, win 23-20 OT
Chargers- up 23-3, give up 2 TDs and FG, win 23-20
Vikings- up 21-10, give up TD and 2 pt conversion, win 28-18
Browns- down 24-7, give up TD and FG, lose 34-14
Steelers- up 23-3, give up 3 TDs and (2) 2 pt conversions, win 39-26
Colts- up 28-14, give up 2 TDs, win 31-28
Lions- tied 24-24, no points, win 45-24
Jets- up 31-3, no points, win 45-3
Bears- up 36-7, no points, win 36-7

Well in every game that the Patriots won, except 2 the Pats have had a double digit lead and 3 were of 20 points or more, so that really isnt saying much for the defense. And one of them was the Lions...The Pats D has only been in 3 games where the score has been 7 points or less going into the 4th. The Pats are 2-1 in those games. The Lions game the Pats really took control in the 3rd, the Jets held on to win and the Pats came from behind and played well and had big stops in the 4th in the Ravens game. This proves that the Pats D really has not been tested at all this year, and quite frankly havent played well in the 4th quarter as a whole.
You are pciking and choosing what you want to. The Lions game was tied to start the 4th quarter and the D shut them out, but that doesnt count because its the Lions?
Then you dismiss the SD, Baltimore, Miami, Indy and Minn games and say they havent been tested.
Did they beat those 5 teams? Do you not think they were TESTED by Indy. You seem to think that the Indy game doesnt count because it ended with one of those God Awful takeaways which it appears you consider worse than allowing a TD. Oh, sorry, its not a takeaway its a bailout to you right?
You still havent answered what defense is tested to your satisfaction.

New thread. New topic. I dont make the threads. Seriously, the defense has really only been in close games in the 4th twice all year. One time they played very well and had some key stops vs. the Ravens and the other they gave up a TD and the offense couldnt do anything and they lost to the Jets. Doesnt them not being in many close 4th quarters concern you? More likely than not this will happen in the playoffs, are the Pats ready?
Which is it? One time, two, or never tested all year? You keep changing your answer.
But let me get this straight. If the defense allowed MORE points early in the game so that the 4th quarter was closer that makes you feel better?
Are you seriously telling me that you think having 2 score leads is a bad thing?

Absolutely. I didn't even read your post or any of the replies and will affirm this. We've got crackpots on the radio selling SB. Somehow the same fans that jumped off bridges after Cleveland were able to grow wings before hitting the ground and are now flying to Dallas. All we have guaranteed is a playoff spot and a chance to line up against Green Bay on Sunday.
All the dancing, stomping and spitting at the Jets Fans premature grave site is replicating the exact same behavior that Jets Fans displayed in Week 3.
I didn't like it then and I don't like it now.

Absolutely. I didn't even read your post or any of the replies and will affirm this. We've got crackpots on the radio selling SB. Somehow the same fans that jumped off bridges after Cleveland were able to grow wings before hitting the ground and are now flying to Dallas. All we have guaranteed is a playoff spot and a chance to line up against Green Bay on Sunday.
All the dancing, stomping and spitting at the Jets Fans premature grave site is replicating the exact same behavior that Jets Fans displayed in Week 3.
I didn't like it then and I don't like it now.

What?? Maybe you should read the posts and replies on this thread before assuming that all the Patsfans around the world are booking their tix to SB.

What?? Maybe you should read the posts and replies on this thread before assuming that all the Patsfans around the world are booking their tix to SB.

If you don't read the posts of others in a thread, then you can operate under the delusion that you alone see issues with uncommon clarity. The fact that 100 other posts say the same thing presents a major obstacle to that perception. Why read other posts in a 'discussion' forum when you can post random thoughts?

Last edited:
You are pciking and choosing what you want to. The Lions game was tied to start the 4th quarter and the D shut them out, but that doesnt count because its the Lions?
Then you dismiss the SD, Baltimore, Miami, Indy and Minn games and say they havent been tested.
Did they beat those 5 teams? Do you not think they were TESTED by Indy. You seem to think that the Indy game doesnt count because it ended with one of those God Awful takeaways which it appears you consider worse than allowing a TD. Oh, sorry, its not a takeaway its a bailout to you right?
You still havent answered what defense is tested to your satisfaction.

You told me that the Pats have not given up a tying or go ahead score in the 4th quarter, I am countering that by saying they have only been in really 2 games all season where that was a distinct possibility of happening. Jets game doesnt really count because the Pats offense never even tied the game up. The only games that really do count into that are the Lions and the Ravens. And lets be honest about the Lions game did you really think that game was in any doubt in the 3rd quarter when the Pats completely swung things around. The Pats were in total control.

By tested I mean play in a 4th quarter that like really means something, such as playing with a single digit lead/trailing by a score where the defense needs to come up on every possession. This defense has not been put in this position because the offense has dominated. I guess the Colts last drive of the game would fit, and yes the Pats came through with a big play/stop. So really the only 2 meaningful 4th quarters that the defense was counted on to come up with stops were the Ravens, Lions and Colts (last possession).

As for the Colts game, why did they give up those 2 TDs in the 4th on drives of less than 3 minutes? If they were a defense that could be counted on to win games in the playoffs they would not allow teams to come back like that, they would know how to close them out. Playoff teams would make the Pats D pay for letting them back into the game.

Bottom line is the Pats defense has not truly been tested and have the experience of playing late in a game where every possession matters and they need to come up with stops after stop. The only game that truly defines this was the Ravens game, and 1 out of 13 with such a young defense concerns me for the playoffs where being up by 2+ scores all game long is most likely not going to happen.

Ravens and Steelers have been in a lot more closer games than the Patriots have and they have the veterans on defense and playoff experience that the Pats dont.

Which is it? One time, two, or never tested all year? You keep changing your answer.
But let me get this straight. If the defense allowed MORE points early in the game so that the 4th quarter was closer that makes you feel better?
Are you seriously telling me that you think having 2 score leads is a bad thing?

There really isnt anything the Pats D can do about getting double digit leads to work with week in and week out. The offense is playing very well right now, but who is to say this trend will continue into the playoffs. Can the D play in a tight game and come up with stops every possesion? They have only really proven that once this season in the Ravens game. The success of the Patriots is all on the offenses shoulders, they are going to need to continue to put up massive amounts of points week in and week out.

All I have heard this week is how the Patriots are going to win the Super Bowl and Tom Brady is the greatest QB ever...it is as if the Packers are not going to even show up. Also can someone please note that Brady almost threw three picks last Sunday; if it is was not for the butterfingers of the Bears the whole complexion of the game would have been different.

Sometimes were are good..sometimes lucky...almost is only good for artillery shells...

I am enjoying the ride, the holiday season and my family..this is GREAT!!!!!

Imagine that, guys. Fred has something negative to say, who would have thought.

You told me that the Pats have not given up a tying or go ahead score in the 4th quarter, I am countering that by saying they have only been in really 2 games all season where that was a distinct possibility of happening. Jets game doesnt really count because the Pats offense never even tied the game up. The only games that really do count into that are the Lions and the Ravens. And lets be honest about the Lions game did you really think that game was in any doubt in the 3rd quarter when the Pats completely swung things around. The Pats were in total control.

By tested I mean play in a 4th quarter that like really means something, such as playing with a single digit lead/trailing by a score where the defense needs to come up on every possession. This defense has not been put in this position because the offense has dominated. I guess the Colts last drive of the game would fit, and yes the Pats came through with a big play/stop. So really the only 2 meaningful 4th quarters that the defense was counted on to come up with stops were the Ravens, Lions and Colts (last possession).

As for the Colts game, why did they give up those 2 TDs in the 4th on drives of less than 3 minutes? If they were a defense that could be counted on to win games in the playoffs they would not allow teams to come back like that, they would know how to close them out. Playoff teams would make the Pats D pay for letting them back into the game.

Bottom line is the Pats defense has not truly been tested and have the experience of playing late in a game where every possession matters and they need to come up with stops after stop. The only game that truly defines this was the Ravens game, and 1 out of 13 with such a young defense concerns me for the playoffs where being up by 2+ scores all game long is most likely not going to happen.

Ravens and Steelers have been in a lot more closer games than the Patriots have and they have the veterans on defense and playoff experience that the Pats dont.
My God are you full of it. The Patriots beat the Ravens, the Steelers and the Colts whilst maintaining a better record than all 3 of them. I watched the Ravens defense collapse against the Texans and pull out the result because of a turnover and I also watched the Steelers defense win the game for them against the Bengals too. Funny that because they are old fart defenses it's OK but it's not OK if the Patriots defense is playing better than the both of theirs right now.

Stop commenting on the defense. You have no leg to stand on.

Last edited:
All I have heard this week is how the Patriots are going to win the Super Bowl and Tom Brady is the greatest QB ever...it is as if the Packers are not going to even show up. Also can someone please note that Brady almost threw three picks last Sunday; if it is was not for the butterfingers of the Bears the whole complexion of the game would have been different.

debbiedowner.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back