Welcome to PatsFans.com

Aren't we all going a little overboard?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by FredFromDartmouth, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FredFromDartmouth

FredFromDartmouth Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

All I have heard this week is how the Patriots are going to win the Super Bowl and Tom Brady is the greatest QB ever...it is as if the Packers are not going to even show up. Also can someone please note that Brady almost threw three picks last Sunday; if it is was not for the butterfingers of the Bears the whole complexion of the game would have been different.
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  2. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -2

Not sure Aaron Rogers will... the rest of 'em will be there...

:D
  3. NEGoldenAge

NEGoldenAge Banned

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I'll take your word on it. Condisering your vast experience at going overboeard, you certainly qualify as an expert.
  4. SEPatsFan

SEPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That is what fans do; they swing too far in either direction: get too high, sink too low.

Boston fans are usually one of the exceptions, much more pessimistic than most.

As far as "almost" throwing three picks, first I only remember two, and one was a ridiculous effort by #54 to get his hands on a ball, and the other was on a tipped pass. Neither was a bad throw, just good defensive effort. And trust me, neither would have effected the outcome of that game.

SSDD
  5. TB146

TB146 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

FWIW, I'm pretty sure 2 if not all 3 of those almost interceptions were tipped balls... not like he was throwing it right into the chest of the defenders.

But anyway... No, I don't think we're going overboard. We are fans and this is a message board for pats fans. I think there's plenty of evidence to back an argument for Brady being the best QB ever. And I think there are plenty of reasons to think that the loss to the Browns will be the Pats last loss until next preseason. Not saying these things are guaranteed, but there's plenty of reason to believe. And right now when the Pats are playing so well it's nice to be able to take time to appreciate how great this is.
  6. betterthanthealternative

betterthanthealternative Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Of course! It feels great!!
  7. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0

First, who is going overboard?

Second, Brady was throwing into a blizzard against one of the best defenses in the league after going seven games without throwing a pick against some very good defenses (Steelers, Chargers, Jets). Let's not act like Brady has turned into Mark Sanchez or Jay Cutler.

It seems like you are going overboard.
  8. RhodyPatriot

RhodyPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Tom Brady is a top 2 or 3 all-time QB. Don't know if the Patriots will win the SB this year or not. Do feel very confient they'll win AT LEAST one more before Brady retires.
  9. Brady_12

Brady_12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Searious thread fail.

My old coach used to say, "If in one hand, sh!t in the other and see which fills up first." He didn't throw any picks in horrible conditions. That says something.
  10. nashvillepatsfan

nashvillepatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Arent we going overboard with some of the threads this week? Maybe someone should start another Moss thread? Cmon Fred, lighten up. The team is getting better, and people are feeling confident. Thats better than a month ago when the board thought we had the worst defense in the history of the NFL :confused:

Also, as others have pointed out, those were tipped balls. Brady is actually playing very well right now.
  11. Froob

Froob Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

Probably, I guess it's reasonable to bring up the philly game in 07 when McNabb didn't play. But they still had westbrook at least.
  12. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

You're right.

We're DOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. Halifax_Pats_Fan

Halifax_Pats_Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I see your point OP....I think.

I think most fans on this board are cautiously optimistic, and that's cool.

I think you are really echoing what the team is saying and I am from that same school.

We haven't won anything yet. We haven't even won the AFC East yet. I don't like having all the attention on our team, never did. Let them talk about someone else.

There is lots of meaningful football left to be played...
  14. shmessy

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

Yes, what a terrible curse it is.

483,000 people in the city of Buffalo would love to trade places.
  15. ausbacker

ausbacker Brady > Manning. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0

#51 Jersey

I'm looking forward to your next crappy thread Fred. Cannot wait.
  16. patman12

patman12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Maybe something about the dangerous turf the Vikes and Bears will be playing on at the Gophers' stadium on Sunday.
  17. BoTown

BoTown Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Why? Why do some people feel compelled to douse cold water on our joy? Why be afraid to embrace greatness?

Disappointing thread.
  18. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Even if the Packers win on Sunday...the Patriots will still control their own destiny for the division and the #1 seed (regardless of the out come of the Pitt/Jets game).
  19. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

It's good to know the Negative Nancy Brigade is still alive and well.
  20. Haley

Haley Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

When you go to parties, do you tell them the music is too loud, the drinks have too much alcohol and the crowd is causing your asthma to act up?
  21. terabthia2

terabthia2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Point taken...

However, what's the point of being a fan if we're not allowed to have some fun in the good times? We all know there's ups and downs and thankfully over the last decade there's been alot more ups than downs as a Pats fan. I would like to think most of us know this and know that "Any Given Sunday..." etc. etc. However, the team has just been lights out as of late, as has Brady, and so that just feeds a real high flyin' vibe right now. Let's enjoy it! :singing:

C'mon man! :D
  22. RodThePat

RodThePat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Packers with all their injuries and Matt Flynn under center might as well not even show up.

The Pats beat the Bears by 30 and that's while easing up on them on the second half. The only near-pick that could've changed anything was the first one. The others came when the game was well out of hand. They dominated Chicago, don't spin that win as a "well, one break that went their way would have changed the game!" type of game. It wasn't.

Chill out, man. You are allowed to get excited. It's very funny how this fanbase likes to behave as if they were a part of the organization.
  23. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -1

#54 Jersey

Indeed. I think Pessimistic Pete and this guy need to switch names. I mean, damn. The self-described most pessimistic guy on the board is getting on the bandwagon, and even Sean Da Patriot is coming around. :D

I'm still waiting for some of our other truly dour types to show their face, but I haven't seen most of them since the Browns game. Can't imagine why...
  24. The Boston Patriot

The Boston Patriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yes, yes we are. And if my aunt had balls she would have been my uncle.
  25. Halifax_Pats_Fan

Halifax_Pats_Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

wow, the claws are out!!

:D

You all are right, we are playing pretty awesome right now.

I would however love to finish strong. I always try to bring myself back to 2007 when the fall was hard. I guess I would rather fall not as far as opposed to getting caught up in the hype...:confused:

I just don't want this crow feeding being dished out by the 2010 Patriots to end!

Man I sound like a woman, time for someone to slap me with some Brut....
  26. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +18 / 1 / -0

If you can't enjoy a win like the last one, I really don't know what you get out of being a fan.

Sure, a lot of things went right for the team. But remember. Many of us weren't particularly confident going into the game. Chicago is a good team, they were at home, they really needed the win, the conditions were atrocious. In the circumstances, I'd have been delighted with 21-20.

And then there were the individual performances. Did you SEE that catch by Tate? Do you think he's been putting in the effort after his disappointing drop? How could you not be happy?
  27. neuronet

neuronet Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

Not sure what board you are reading. If by "WE" you mean the mediot non-fans, then I might agree, but their job is histrionics for ratings.
  28. MassPats38

MassPats38 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Does this thread reflect some need to feel depressed, even when things are going well?

Most of the articles indicate that the authors have high expectations given the performance against the Jets and Bear with three games remaining. If some other team has come close to that level, feel free to point it out to us so we can wallow in your despair.

The Pats players say every week they have won nothing yet, and that is accurate. A championship is dicey even under even the best of circumstances. For authors to speculate based on past performance, including blowout wins against top defenses and wins over every playoff hopeful in the AFC, that the Pats would be a favorite is not lunacy. The Pats are not perfect, but in recent weeks it can reasonably be said they are closer to perfection than any other team in the NFL.
  29. JSn

JSn Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

Fans are bad at enjoying life sometimes. Every game is so much fun to watch, every single play. Seeing our guys in action and getting better! Exhilarating. I think it would be awesome to go all the way, but if not, what a great year anyway!

Seems some people would immediately start worrying about a super-bowl hangover if we won it all. Have fun with the season guys. Pop by a Jets forum today. That's SURE to help.
  30. shmessy

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

I know there's one guy on this site who lives life by telling everyone to "take sips not chugs" ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.