PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Apostate Preacher Rick Warren Needs $900K

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Wow - this man supposedly gives 90% of his income as tithe b/c he's supposedly loaded with money, AND he works for the COUNCIL ON FOREIGN RELATIONS, and for some reason he's BEGGING for all this money?

Titus 1:7 "For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;"

Pastor Rick Warren urgently asks faithful for $900,000 - OC Watchdog : The Orange County Register

obama-warren.jpg

Pastor Rick Warren urgently asks faithful for $900,000

It’s been a heck of a year for mega-pastor/bestselling author/power broker Rick Warren of the enormous Saddleback Church. It started out with Warren’s invocation at the historic inauguration of one President Barack Obama - and it concludes with Warren asking his flock to cough up nearly $1 million in just two days to keep the church out of the red.

“Dear Saddleback Family,” begins today’s missive from Warren. “THIS IS AN URGENT LETTER unlike any I’ve written in 30 years. Please read all of it and get back to me in the next 48 hours.

“I have thrilling news to share with you below but first some seriously bad news: With 10% of our church family out of work due to the recession, our expenses in caring for our community in 2009 rose dramatically while our income stagnated. Still, with wise management, we’ve stayed close to our budget all year. Then… this last weekend the bottom dropped out.

“On the last weekend of 2009, our total offerings were less than half of what we normally receive - leaving us $900,000 in the red for the year, unless you help make up the difference today and tomorrow.”

The church does not make its financial information public, so it’s impossible to tell just how big of a hole in the boat this $900,000 represents. A spokeswoman for Warren said the church does not release detail on its finances, so it’s hard to put the shortfall in context. (Suffice to say it may not represent a terribly significant portion of Saddleback’s annual budget, and that his personal appeal may well close the hole, and then some.)

In his letter, Warren goes on to detail the church’s accomplishments for the year, and then says:

It’s obvious that your giving through your church family is providing more “bang for the buck” than anything else you could support. It is no wonder that our ministry was named the top religious newsmaker of 2009 as reported by Associated Press.

YOU CAN HELP SAVE THE DAY 3 WAYS BEFORE JAN 1.

Click HERE right now to and give as large an end-of-the-year gift as you can to help avert this crisis. If we all do what God leads us to do, we’ll all be a part of a miracle.
Mail in your gift today. Gifts must be postmarked in 2009 to be posted as 2009 gifts for tax purposes. Mail to: 1 Saddleback Parkway, Lake Forest, CA 92630.
Drop your gift in the box at the front door of the Ministry Center at 1 Saddleback Parkway so you know for certain we get it TODAY or Thursday….
I love you so much. It is a deep privilege to be your pastor….

And, perhaps, a pain to be his accountant.

Last edited:
Wow...how did so many people get suckered into giving their hard earned money to this evil man?

Pastor Rick Warren Takes in $2.4M After Donations Plea - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Pastor Rick Warren Takes in $2.4M After Donations Plea
Saturday, January 02, 2010

ThisLAKE FOREST, Calif. — Evangelical pastor Rick Warren's plea for donations to fill a $900,000 deficit at his Southern California megachurch brought in $2.4 million, Warren announced to cheers during a sermon at the church on Saturday.

Warren said the amount raised after the appeal was posted online Wednesday included only money parishioners brought in person to Saddleback Church by New Year's Eve. More was arriving by hand and by mail, he said.

"This is pretty amazing," Warren told his congregation. "I don't think any church has gotten a cash offering like that off a letter."

The pastor said he planned to talk further about the response in a Sunday sermon called "The Miracle."

"We're starting the new decade with a surplus," he said. "It came from thousands of ordinary people. This was not one big fat cat."

The posting on Warren's Web site read: "With 10 percent of our church family out of work due to the recession, our expenses in caring for our community in 2009 rose dramatically while our income stagnated."

Warren said the church had largely managed to stay within its budget during the year, but "the bottom dropped out" when Christmas donations were down.

The letter cited the church's accomplishments in 2009 and detailed how the donations would be used, including the church's food pantry, homeless ministry, counseling and support groups.

Warren is the author of numerous books, including the best-selling "The Purpose Driven Life." He was named the top newsmaker of the year for 2009 by the Religion Newswriters Association, gaining attention with his invocation at the inauguration of President Barack Obama and comments in the aftermath of California's Proposition 8, which overturned gay marriage.

He founded Saddleback Church in 1980 in Lake Forest, about 65 miles southeast of Los Angeles.

this kind of thing turns my stomach. its why I focus on Jesus, not on Christianity as "practiced" in America.

this kind of thing turns my stomach. its why I focus on Jesus, not on Christianity as "practiced" in America.

+1

I have no idea why alot of churches nowdays are doing studies on these bestselling "gospel" books nowdays, rather than THE Word of God, which is...the bible? John 1:1-5 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God...

Remember how Jesus and the Apostles STRESSED how "a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump" to boot(i.e. it's alot like putting a tiny piece of dog poop in a big pound of a home-made brownie - no matter how well this brownie is well done, even that tiniest piece of dog poop will absolutely run this entire brownie into the ground).

Now we're starting to see all this Apostasy that's being sowed into churches, and now being reaped. Even my previous church did Warren's "Purpose Driven Life" studies, and my current church's women's bible study group does Beth Moore once a year or so.

*Ugh* It's as if they've pretty much thrown out the bible.

BTW - if you want to hear the TRUE word of God, listen to the audio sermons of the men that's in my sig.

It was people like Rick Warren that drove me from orgainized religion many years ago, the only time I will set foot in a church is for a close friends funeral or a close relatives wedding, If I am invited to non family weddings I go straight to the reception, the Money Grubbing Reverends make me sick to my stomach and that includes The Reverend Billy Graham and the The Reverend Martin Luther King, they are all part of the same "Religious Shakedown"

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back