PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anything wrong with using 3 of the top 4 picks all on the front seven?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually very content with what we have at ILB in Mayo, McKenzie, Guyton. I also hold Bruschi's opinion in pretty high regard, and he's said that he doesn't think ILB is that big of a need.

Wouldn't mind seeing 2 OLB and 1 DE added. I actually think we have more needs on the offense. I think we have more young talent on the defense than we think.

I think on D OLB and DE are the two top needs. After that, I think we are pretty much set at ILB, CB, NT and S. On offense I think we've got needs at WR, TE, OL, and RB. I love our guards and Vollmer on the OL, but I'm not a big fan of Light or Kaczur, and Koppen could be upgraded. Need to inject some young legs at RB. Need a guy to line up across from Moss and be a reliable WR threat. I think Brandon Tate can be this guy, but I want another guy as well because I'm a pessimist regarding Welker for 2010.

Let's take up this conversation then. Again, thanks for providing a truly legit counter argument, and I look forward to getting into sh*t with ya soon dude.

so, the rest of us are still waiting for this conversation to continue :D

I hope what you said in your previous post is correct. I would really like to see this offense change its philosophy. I may not be willing to throw the OC under the bus after one season, but the playcalling and half time adjustments need improving. Only time will tell ;)

defense first....OL 2nd

This is the closest thing to what will probably happen. We do have question marks at WR, but the defense (specifically DE and OLB) should be addressed first. After that, the team should look at either a center or a RG with WR closing out the first four picks.

This is the closest thing to what will probably happen. We do have question marks at WR, but the defense (specifically DE and OLB) should be addressed first. After that, the team should look at either a center or a RG with WR closing out the first four picks.

right, but the pats have proven the capacity to find WR's on the FA market....and they have found better success with WR's late in the draft than early.....mostly because the later pick tend to not be prima donnas and that they get used to busting their humps due to being so close to the edge of not existing on the roster......I would focus the 6th and 7th round on offensive skill guys who have good productivity at the college level.....

right, but the pats have proven the capacity to find WR's on the FA market....and they have found better success with WR's late in the draft than early.....mostly because the later pick tend to not be prima donnas and that they get used to busting their humps due to being so close to the edge of not existing on the roster......I would focus the 6th and 7th round on offensive skill guys who have good productivity at the college level.....

While they have found WRs in those rounds that have been capable of contributing early and often, the 6th and 7th rounds are crapshoots. I'd rather look into the end of the second round or in the fourth for a WR (assuming we don't secure a third, which is unlikely).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft