PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone think this is possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

minvardar

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
This is a really deep draft. The Patriots have alot of cap room now. Denver wants out of both 1st round picks because of financial reasons. I really have been thinking lately that the Pats might trade a 1st rounder next year for one of Denver's 1st rounders this year. The Patriots could get 2 players that could help us for years to come. The Patriots could also trade the their own 3rd rounder this year for Denver's 3rd rounder next year as part of the same deal. From what I am understanding so far, next year's draft is not nearly as good as this one. Any thoughts?

Can not see the Patruiots wanting a high pick..iff anything, I think they might trade down for more value.

Value doesn't seem to be that great in the late first round. Doesn't make sense. Unless, of course, there are 2 players available at 21 that they love - then anything's possible.

Well that is the thing. If there are 2 people he has ranked as hight 1st rounders and they both fall into the 20's I could totally see it happening. Belicek normally doesn't do stuff like this, but we all know to expect the unexpected when it comes to the draft.

letekro said:
Value doesn't seem to be that great in the late first round. Doesn't make sense. Unless, of course, there are 2 players available at 21 that they love - then anything's possible.

i disagree (if i'm reading you right)...i think the first ten or twelve in this year's draft have something special to offer and then the next fourty or fifty are a wash...i think a player that BB might have his eye on at #21 (marshall or allen or carpenter or ryans) could still be available in the mid to late second round)...after the first twelve players, anything could happen

Its possible but I don't think I would say probable. If there a 2 players at around 19-25 they absolutely covet but when was the last time the Patriots made this kind of move? I can't recall. Lendale White & Bobby Carpenter? Williams and Lawson? One thing is certain they would drafting for the future core if they really, really wanted 2 players that badly that high.. :rocker: :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft