Welcome to PatsFans.com

Anyone "rooting for Randy"?

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by brdmaverick, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brdmaverick

brdmaverick Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

Hi,

While losing in the AFC Championship Game at home is certainly tough, the fashion in which we lost at least made it a little easier. While I'm still EXTREMELY disappointed, I don't have that absolute sickening feeling I did when we lost to the Colts in the 2006 season. In fact, this year Peyton Manning is the one who has to have the most sickening feeling. Their team was able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

This year will be the first Super Bowl since the 2002 season (Raiders vs. Bucs) in which one of the following QBs will not be playing: Tom Brady, Ben Roethislberger, Peyton Manning. Clearly those players (and their teams) draw a great rooting interest for us (for and against). So who do we root for this year?

My argument for the Niners is to see good friend Randy Moss get a ring.

While some may hold a grudge against hte Ravens, it would be a nice story to see Ray Lewis get a ring in his swan song (ala John Elway and Jerome Bettis). I wouldn't mind seeing Joe Flacco win, because I do agree that he doesn't get the credit he deserves. After all, the knock on players like Tony Romo and Peyton (before his championship) is that they would pick up great regular season stats but not have post season success. Then there is Flacco who has had post season success but get overlooked because of his stats. I mean, the guy does have the record for most postseason ROAD victories with six.

So I'm conflicted on who to root for.
  2. brdmaverick

brdmaverick Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

Worst case scenario for me would be a Niners victory with Randy having no part in the win.

Sure, he still played a role on the team and could call himself a champion, but it would be somewhat tainted.

After all, do you think Drew Bledsoe refers to himself as a Super Bowl champion?
  3. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

He is the only guy Iam rooting for in the superbowl.
  4. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Rookie

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Sorry, no conflict here. I'm going to make myself some Rice-a-Roni on SB Sunday and send all my good vides SF's. Having Moss on that team is just a nice bonus.
  5. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +209 / 3 / -1

#95 Jersey

yup..hope he finally gets a ring to end his career
  6. DarrylStingley

DarrylStingley Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I never root hard FOR an opposing player or team. You're either on the Pats or you're not, and if you're not, I don't really root for you.

I do root hard AGAINST certain teams. The Jets, of course. The Ravens are another.

BUT I do like Randy and while my rooting will be more AGAINST the Ravens than for Randy, it will be a nice thing if he gets a ring.

He seemed like a good guy, if not a hand full, when he was on the Pats.
  7. Brady_to_Moss

Ratings:
    +209 / 3 / -1

#95 Jersey

He was a great guy with the pats...he just screwed up and he realized it and i bet he regrets it everyday
  8. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +420 / 5 / -1

Never was a fan of his even when he was here. I will be rooting for the 49ers despite him, not because of him. I just hate guys like Suggs, Pollard, and Ray Ray too much not to root for the 9ers.
  9. Brady_to_Moss

Ratings:
    +209 / 3 / -1

#95 Jersey

why weren't you a fan...i was on the fence after that press conference of course
  10. Bhelmet

Bhelmet Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 1 / -0

He's the ONLY thing I can root for.
  11. Sivy

Sivy Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The other day I was going to start a thread that was called Pull your 81 jerseys out...back home"

then I didnt, figured the thead police would get me.

I'm cheering for Moss, thats for darn sure.
  12. Froob

Froob Rookie

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -3

#32 Jersey

I'm rooting for the 49ers so I guess so. Just would be weird that he'll win it with this san fran team instead of the great 07 pats. Randy made some mistakes, but he's not a bad guy. Go off in a blaze of glory. Maybe the d won't let him down this time if he catches the go ahead touchdown.
  13. resdubwhite

resdubwhite Rookie

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

This.............
  14. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

I was never a fan of bringing him here and while Bill seemed to have gotten one over on my radar it wasn't long before it was validated.

I always root for the NFC when we aren't the AFC team. Ravens make it easy to. This season with the dream media scenario Harbaugh Bowl, tempted to root for the asteroid.
  15. PATRlOT

PATRlOT Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

As much as I'd like to see Moss get a well-deserved ring, I do NOT want to see Kaepernick get one. I can't stand that kid. As c./ocky as he already is, you really want this guy to get a SuperBowl ring in his first year? God, PLEASE NO. The 49ers will make any QB look good. Put Kerry Collins on there and people would be saying he's elite.

As much as we hate the Ravens, at least Flacco, Smith and a few other guys on that team are deserving of a ring after the hard work they've put in. I'm not as big of a hater of Ray Lewis as some of you guys are, but when it comes to football, it's a pretty neat story to have this guy say he's retiring and he goes out with the last game being the SuperBowl which he won. (regardless of some of his shameful personal life woes) Or even for Torrey Smith to win a SuperBowl for his younger brother who passed away earlier this year.

Also - another reason I would rather see the Ravens win? Because I just KNOW that when we play them next year, we will destroy the "defending SB Champions".
  16. Nunchucks

Nunchucks Rookie

Ratings:
    +142 / 7 / -7

I can get onboard with that.
  17. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

i agree with most posters and that i am rooting for moss to get a ring . . . even if it is in a demised capacity . . .

also it lets me end one of my friends, who is anti-moss , statements that Moss will never win a ring, he loves saying that . . .
  18. DarrylStingley

DarrylStingley Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I see your Colin Kaepernick. And I'll raise you with Terrell Suggs.

I think the d-bag quotient is MUCH higher on the Ravens.

That said, I admit it, I hate Kaepernick's arm tats. I'm not a Tat Hater but those are really...awful.

As to Lewis, sorry, but a guy who likely was somehow involved in the deaths of two people and who has nothing to do with a number of his fathered children...well I can't root for anything neat to happen to him. I see him as one of the planet's biggest phonies.

Randy Moss, on the other hand, played very well for the Pats, was a favorite of Brady, wanted to come back to the Pats last year and this year and seems like a nice, though unique, fellow. He is also known to be a hard worker.

Go Niners. Go Randy. Go anyone but the Ravens.

Oh, and last, do you know Ravens fans? I do. I have found them to be rather obnoxious.

SF fans might be too but I don't know many of them. The very fact that I'll have to see Ravens fans happy if they win the SB is enough for me to root for the Niners.
  19. everlong

everlong Rookie

Ratings:
    +139 / 1 / -1

#12 Jersey

I hadn't even thought of rooting for Randy because I've been so blinded by rooting against the RatBirds.
  20. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +420 / 5 / -1

I never respect guys who quit on their team even if the guy performs well for the Pats. Randy quit on the Vikes and the Raiders. Yes, a lot of players quit on the Raiders, but that isn't a good excuse.

I appreciate everything he did for the Pats, but I rooted for the uniform and not the player. At the end, I was sick of him. His press conference and his actions at a charity event (just because it was a team sponsored event doesn't mean he can take out his grievances on people paying good money for charity) totally turned me off to him forever.

He was a great player for the Pats and wouldn't say it would disqualify him from his place in Patriots history and even be in the Patriots HOF (although I don't know if he was here long enough), but I will never like the guy as a person.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.