PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone "rooting for Randy"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely rooting for Randy. I hope he catches a TD and gets his ring!

I'm also rooting for Eddie D. The Football Life on him was one of the best I've ever seen. Seemed like a hell of an owner who made one massive ****up.

Absolutely.
imager.php
[/URL] GIFSoup[/IMG]

Absolutely rooting for Randy. I hope he catches a TD and gets his ring!

I'm also rooting for Eddie D. The Football Life on him was one of the best I've ever seen. Seemed like a hell of an owner who made one massive ****up.

I caught that episode too. Seemed like the kind of guy that the players would run through a brick wall for.

I still don't know if I will even watch the game, but I am rooting for Randy to get a ring. He's an all time great, and even though he is sometimes his own worst enemy, he's kept trying for a long time. Not only do I hope he gets a ring, I hope he scores a TD (or two) and has some great catches in the game.

Well, let me explain more.

I am a big Randy fan and otherwise don't like that team at all (see previous poster's comments on Kaepernick).

As for the Ravens, I actually don't hate them despite our recent loss. The only team I hate is the Steelers, so historically I've never 'minded' the Ravens b/c they too were the enemy of my enemy. Plus I would like to see the AFC win one after a few NFC victories. Plus Torrey Smith winning after his brother's death would be an uplifting story.

There's actually more reasons for me to root for the Ravens, but the Randy factor (despite his little role) trumps them all.

So essentially, you are considering cheering for the team that beat the Pats because they are in the same division as and thus an "enemy" of the Steelers, and this one guy's brother died..

I wouldn't say I hate the Giants, but I have a very strong dislike for them for obvious reasons. That being said, I'd have no problem cheering for the Giants to beat, say, the Jaguars (who I honestly don't feel strongly about in any way) if it was the Jags that knocked the Pats out of the Superbowl.

Root for whoever you want to. It just seems a bit odd to me that you call yourself a Pats fan, and are seriously considering rooting for the team that sent the Pats home to watch the Superbowl on the couch.

I'm rooting for SF since I live out here and have grown to like the team under Harbaugh. I'm not actively rooting for Randy, but I will smile if he makes a key play or two against Baltimore.

Regards,
Chris

Randy should have received his ring here in 2007 after making the TD catch to give the Pats a late lead in the SB. Instead, the team got a kick in the balls from the football gods. I appreciate what he did for the team in his stint here. I hope he gets his ring.

We won't be watching the game and cheering for anyone in particular. I will be happy if the Ravens lose. I'm not a fan.

Randy gets another chance at a ring which would be a nice story.

The Niners better get a pass rush in a hurry or they will not win this game.

I am "rooting for Randy" less than I am rooting for the murdering(allegedly), gang-banging
thug scum Ravens to lose.

He was a great guy with the pats...he just screwed up and he realized it and i bet he regrets it everyday

Don't think he will regret it anymore if he wins the superbowl.

So essentially, you are considering cheering for the team that beat the Pats because they are in the same division as and thus an "enemy" of the Steelers, and this one guy's brother died..

I wouldn't say I hate the Giants, but I have a very strong dislike for them for obvious reasons. That being said, I'd have no problem cheering for the Giants to beat, say, the Jaguars (who I honestly don't feel strongly about in any way) if it was the Jags that knocked the Pats out of the Superbowl.

Root for whoever you want to. It just seems a bit odd to me that you call yourself a Pats fan, and are seriously considering rooting for the team that sent the Pats home to watch the Superbowl on the couch.

LOL you're questioning him as a Pats fan, yet you say you'd cheer for the GIANTS if the Jags beat the Pats to advance to the SuperBowl? That actually seems 1000x more stupid.

People like myself and the guy you responded to, aren't necessarily "cheering" for the Ravens at all. We just do NOT want to see this new kid Colin Kaepernick walk into the league, acting like he's the s**hit, and then win a SuperBowl to boost his ego even further through the roof

I'm surprised any pat fan could root for moss after he quit on this team

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

Im ambivalent about Moss.

He dogged it here in NE at the end and after repeated warnings, shot his way out of town via his mouth. Lets see how bad he wants a ring? Moss certainly didnt light it up vs the Giants in his last SB.

SF will tie Pitt for the most SB victories should they win.

The way he screwed the Patriots, moping around, not running his routes, no way. I wouldn't wish him well if he was selling Girl Scout Cookies. I hope Sugg's or Reed drills him and puts him into NeverNever Land.

Worst case scenario for me would be a Niners victory with Randy having no part in the win.

Sure, he still played a role on the team and could call himself a champion, but it would be somewhat tainted.

After all, do you think Drew Bledsoe refers to himself as a Super Bowl champion?

Sorry but last time I checked, this is a team sport. He's caught passes. He's contributed enough.

Drew Bledsoe took the reigns when Brady went down in Pitt. He played his part. Just because he wound up a backup, doesn't mean he shouldn't call himself a champion for being part of a championship winning team.

I'm rooting for Randy all the way. He deserves a ring as much as any player and it'll cap his HoF career right off.

Moss may have quit on the team and was sent off in not such a good fashion.
But the reason I still like him and root for him is because he never trashed the team or the pats unlike many players who were traded or even left the team and he was the best receiver I have seen play for the team in 10 yrs .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back