PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone Else Think Maroney Will Have Big Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we'll see Maroney returning kicks. Hobbs probably won't and Maroney was very effective at it last year. Or can see why they wouldn't with his propensity for injury.

Hats off to those of you that called that. I was shocked at how well Maroney played, fighting for yards like I've never seen him fight (except on that one crazy scrum play, was that against the Eagles?).

There are favorable matches to exploit in Jacksonville's secondary. That's why I think at least initially the game-plan will be to establish Maroney. I don't think Jacksonville will really expect that so I think the opportunity is definitely there for him to get off to a good start.

When all is said and done, I'm thinking 125yds for Maroney with a rushing TD. If they start putting extra help in the box, which I can't see them doing, they'll be exploited hard. And likely will be either way, so I think it's a good idea to let Lauence carry the ball early and often. ]
MARONEY
122yds 1TD

:rocker:

Last edited:
Well that was a freakishly accurate prediction. Well done.

Good call. He's a good one, and just needs to have a game plan in his favor to excel. Man, did he excel! He had as complete a game as you could want out of the RB position. Let's give the O-line props. The thing I loved about Maroney's running was that he didn't hesitate to bounce it outside, and he did it with great success.

Last edited:
There are favorable matches to exploit in Jacksonville's secondary. That's why I think at least initially the game-plan will be to establish Maroney. I don't think Jacksonville will really expect that so I think the opportunity is definitely there for him to get off to a good start.

When all is said and done, I'm thinking 125yds for Maroney with a rushing TD. If they start putting extra help in the box, which I can't see them doing, they'll be exploited hard. And likely will be either way, so I think it's a good idea to let Lauence carry the ball early and often.

NFLF_Laurence_Maroney_100106.jpg

You were pretty close to being right on.

Nah, I don't see him being much of a factor.

Also, I see Brady as being very inaccurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back