PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else happy Moss Didn't go back to Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Randy Moss will be missed by this Patriots fan. He was a very valuable asset while in New England, and together he and Brady broke records that may be hard to break again. At least the guy didn't hold out, and call Kraft and the organization liars. Besides, people make mistakes everyday.

I wish him nothing but the best in Tennessee, and hope he's as successful there as he was while being a Patriot.

Last edited:
The New England Patriots did not place a waiver claim for Randy Moss. That, in itself, speaks volumes.

Well, I don't know because there was no one behind them. They may have preferred to deal with him as a FA, if possible. But I'll tell you what does speak volumes to me. The Titans were the only team to claim him? Really?!

Lots of stuff here about how the Jets would take him, Dolphins, Colts or Steelers to block us (from re-acquiring a player we traded away in the first place). Lots of stuff about the boatload of teams that were going to be claiming him. But in the end he fell to Tennessee and ONLY Tennessee put in a claim.

If he's such a positive thing to have on your team, that doesn't exactly illustrate it. The guy is a HOF wideout, but no one seems to want him (save the Titans at the moment).

Last edited:
Well, I don't know because there was no one behind them. They may have preferred to deal with him as a FA, if possible. But I'll tell you what does speak volumes to me. The Titans were the only team to claim him? Really?!

Lots of stuff here about how the Jets would take him, Dolphins, Colts or Steelers to block us (from re-acquiring a player we traded away in the first place). Lots of stuff about the boatload of teams that were going to be claiming him. But in the end he fell to Tennessee and ONLY Tennessee put in a claim.

If he's such a positive thing to have on your team, that doesn't exactly illustrate it. The guy is a HOF wideout, but no one seems to want him (save the Titans at the moment).
The New England Patriots organization has moved forward in the past: Terry Glenn, Lawyer Milloy, Deion Branch. As for Randy Moss, he is a Hall of Fame wide receiver on the downslope of his career.

You know who's not happy? Teenuh. She must be furious with the Vikings right now. Oh well, Tits got a new fan.

You know who's not happy? Teenuh. She must be furious with the Vikings right now. Oh well, Tits got a new fan.

I thought of that thread on the Vikings board and laughed and laughed.

Who says he isn't coming back? He is is a UFA at the end of 2010, he wants to be here, and I think BB would gladly take him back under the amount of money that he offered and Moss rejected. Which Moss regretted doing, obviously.

He was never offered and rejected any amount of money. Bill doesn't handle contract negotiations any more than Bob does. Moss was clear on multiple occasions about one thing and that was he was never offered any indication he was in their plans going forward despite multiple whines including after week 1 stating he wanted a new contract this season and would be insulted if one was offered after the season. The ****amamie rumor of his rebuffing Bill's advances during a practice was obviously an effort on his agents part to defuse the growing sense he had worn his welcome out in part because of his attitude so his next employer wouldn't be inclined to take the same stand. Seems they did anyway. Suddenly his goal became FA... Unless he personally emerges as an MVP candidate over the next 10 weeks, he's going to find himself in TO level FA come 2011.

The NEP made a decision to part with Moss on terms they were able to spin as a win-win. No rancor, no hissy fits, no retribution, hugs all around. They aren't going to revisit the situation after dodging the potential bullit they always knew they could end up staring down. This wasn't a time out for your three year old. It was an amicable divorce over irreconcilable differences. Some of whom purport to remain the best of friends who simply had no desire to live together any longer.

The NEP made a decision to part with Moss on terms they were able to spin as a win-win. No rancor, no hissy fits, no retribution, hugs all around. They aren't going to revisit the situation after dodging the potential bullit they always knew they could end up staring down. This wasn't a time out for your three year old. It was an amicable divorce over irreconcilable differences. Some of whom purport to remain the best of friends who simply had no desire to live together any longer.

Precisely. It's SO obvious and simple yet some fans wanted Moss to return. I liked the guy and don't have a hair across my ass about Moss. I see him as having some serious psychological issues and I sincerely wish him the best. The continual care and maintenance of Randy's ego and increasing instabilities were wearing on the busy HC and even worse, affecting the QB. The Pats are better off now even with the loss of the deep threat and the negative impact on Welker's game.

That said I'm one of the few who did NOT enjoy the 2007 season and the abberation in Patriots philosophy that marked the Moss era. Between Moss and AD, BB has learned a sobering lesson about FAs.

Precisely. It's SO obvious and simple yet some fans wanted Moss to return. I liked the guy and don't have a hair across my ass about Moss. I see him as having some serious psychological issues and I sincerely wish him the best. The continual care and maintenance of Randy's ego and increasing instabilities were wearing on the busy HC and even worse, affecting the QB. The Pats are better off now even with the loss of the deep threat and the negative impact on Welker's game.

That said I'm one of the few who did NOT enjoy the 2007 season and the abberation in Patriots philosophy that marked the Moss era. Between Moss and AD, BB has learned a sobering lesson about FAs.

I'm really surprised anyone would want Moss back, based on how this team has looked and played since he left, coupled with what happened in Minnesota. Really surprised.

I think thats the point. He has no value. Look at his production, its awful, and headaches come with it.
A 3rd was a major coup because there was 1 team willing to offer a 3, 29 teams not even willing to take him for free and the Titans somewhere in between.

I think thats the point. He has no value. Look at his production, its awful, and headaches come with it.
A 3rd was a major coup because there was 1 team willing to offer a 3, 29 teams not even willing to take him for free and the Titans somewhere in between.

What's so funny is thinking back to the night the Moss to Vikings? rumor was started and some people were all "Maybe for Adrian Peterson and a first rounder."

No I don't. You need to stop believing all the rubbish that the mediots feed you.
The only thing I've heard is that he went off a bit about the food being served in the locker room.
"Off a bit" is one way of putting it, I suppose, but if your company or my company put out a spread for the employees, and would you start screaming the the food was crap and not fit for dogs?d

Come on, man. Do you seriously think that two organizations dumped a player who stretched the field and opened up the underneath for Welker/Harvin without reason?

The guy is unstable. A great player, but an emotional powderkeg.

That is why NEP and MIN got rid of him. He was so bad in MIN that they swallowed a third round pick adn was willing to pay him the rest of the year if no one claimed him, just to get him the hell out?

I would be happier if he were in the NFC. If Fisher gets him to realize his potential, the Titans become even more dangerous than they already are.

According to the coaches and players who actually spoke about it, there was no problem in New England with Randy Moss. The media started their usual rubbish because they get nothing from the Patriots. Belichick responded by going out of his way to assure everybody that there was no problem and that all the rumours were untrue. Moss came back to play the Patriots last Sunday and it was clear from his demeanour and that of the Krafts and everybody else he met that there was no problem.
Wrong, wrong, wrong. You know that when BB said there never was a discipline issure with Randy he was smoothing things over because he always does that. He has a documented discipline problem in that he sent Randy home from practice (along with AD) for being late to a meeting. He also disrespected Ratheon (who built the Patriots Hall of Fame) by refusing to sit with them and Krafts big fundraiser. Players like Randy. He is a hard worker and a great player. They are not going to say anything bad. And you will notice that they did not seek Randy out for hugs and kisses. He came over to the Pats and wandered through the players hugging everyone in sight.

All that we have heard since then is about some incident in the locker room where he wasn't happy with the food and made it known in a not so nice fashion. We don't know if anything else happened there at all. It might be a case of an under fire coach doing something to make it look like its not his fault that the team is not succeeding. Nothing else has been reported.
The caterer verified the report. But I suppose he is lying, too. They are all lying. Everyone is out to get Randy. Someone dressed up as him and gave the post-game presser rants.

Are you Randy Moss? Just curious?

the Moss hate here is ridiculous. Same goes for the Mankins hate, its like the fans are never grateful for what they have done and treat them like objects.
Moss is a great player. Everyone agrees with that. No one hates him. But he is unstable. How could you watch his post-game pressers and not see the guy is so turned inward he is hurting himself with his behavior.

The Pats and Vikings did not plot to see how they could screw him over. They both wanted him to succeed because then they win games, their ultimate goal. Randy did succeed on the field, but his behavior was such that his off-field disruption was causing more problems than the on-field gains.

How can anyone not see that?

Great player, but took a turn into la-la land sometime in the off-season.

He has no value. Look at his production, its awful, and headaches come with it.

So often fans here value Pats players WAY out of proportion to NFL market pricing. That top ranked 3rd from the Vikes will be a great pick in April allowing us to spin our own 32nd place 3rd into a 2012 2nd.

phil (remembers the 'guarantees' that Cassell would bring 2 firsts)

I made my mind up that things were how the Patriots said they were after Randy Moss met with, smiled with and treated his former employers and co-workers very well before last Sunday's game. A picture as they say tells a thousand words.

But of course thats not Randy Moss as the media would have you believe, he would have been ranting and raving at them or at least looking at them with a scowl.

The Patriots don't say much and I believe BB (for the most part) when he gives Moss a lot of praise. Part of the reason BB does this is because that's what he does with practically everyone (on his team or the opponents) and part of it is because that's what Moss needed when he was here.

In case you haven't noticed, Randy Moss is a troubled guy. Without getting too deep into psychoanalysis, he clearly needs a stable place in his life where he feels loved and secure. He's a volcano waiting to erupt and he's likely to erupt when the external factors aren't all lined up. The Patriots did a great job over the 3+ years he was here controlling the external factors so that Moss could control himself. This is evident by Randy Moss' last press conference; he continually expressed his love for BB and his teammates.

That being said, Moss has erupted in smaller ways when with the Patriots. The Raytheon dinner was one. The press conference after game 1 was another. The demand for a contract extension (although certainly a normal desire amongst players) was a major issue for Moss and apparently led to a demand for either an extension or a trade from his agent. I think that the lack of a contract extension was the primary cause of his other eruptions, but who knows?

As soon as Moss got into a different, less-controlled situation and was moved out of a situation where he felt loved and respected, he started to blow. This was very predictable. He may or may not do well at Tennessee; so much is dependent on the internal Moss. Even with the best of external circumstances, he is on edge ready to blow again. We'll see.

I couldn't imagine him returning to the Patriots. And I'm glad he didn't. Anyone that believed BB would trade him away with the thought of getting him back as the ultimate coup is...well...that's just crazy talk. He was traded for a reason and that reason ran much deeper than that.

Thanks for the all the great memories Randy! The Pats have moved on as have I. Hope you find your 'happy place' in Tennesee or where ever you end your career. The HOF awaits you.

Thanks for the all the great memories Randy! The Pats have moved on as have I. Hope you find your 'happy place' in Tennesee or where ever you end your career. The HOF awaits you.
I'm glad Tennessee claimed Randy Moss off waivers. Imagine a tall lanky wide receiver hanging outside of Gillette Stadium holding a sign stating "will play wide receiver for food"!

Wrong, wrong, wrong. You know that when BB said there never was a discipline issure with Randy he was smoothing things over because he always does that.

How can you say wrong, wrong wrong? BB NEVER calls press conferences to defend a player. He did for Moss. Make of it what you want but it sure as hell was not a case of "he always does that".

He has a documented discipline problem in that he sent Randy home from practice (along with AD) for being late to a meeting. He also disrespected Ratheon (who built the Patriots Hall of Fame) by refusing to sit with them and Krafts big fundraiser. Players like Randy. He is a hard worker and a great player. They are not going to say anything bad. And you will notice that they did not seek Randy out for hugs and kisses. He came over to the Pats and wandered through the players hugging everyone in sight.

Raytheon situation has nothing to do with disciplinary actions with BB, and lategate included a handful of players, not really a big disciplinary issue.

The caterer verified the report. But I suppose he is lying, too. They are all lying. Everyone is out to get Randy. Someone dressed up as him and gave the post-game presser rants.

Are you Randy Moss? Just curious?

No doubt Moss was completely out of line there, no matter what his reasons were.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe