PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone been tuning into EEI's Salk and Holley instead of Felger and Mazz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure thing. You'll be getting a letter from Jaroslawitcz & Jaros, LLC in the next few days.

What? Not from Dewey, Cheetum, and Howe?

I don't trust anyone who hasn't had a drink in his life.
I agree, and I am even less trusting of someone who had just one and never drank again.

John Dennis claims he has never had a can or bottle of beer in his life....I mean, is THAT the most self damning statement by a "sports" personality you've ever heard???...just what segment of the sports fan demographic does Dennis think HE is pulling in?
Well that's quite a statement from Dennis who, before he reached senility, was a well known drunk and adulterer. If he's claiming now that he never had a beer in his life, it was because he was swilling down the 'hard stuff" exclusively.

Next time you look in the dictionary for the word "hypocritical" - you will find a picture of that pompous, self-righteous assclown

I use to love F&M but the last 6 months I have been completely turned of by them. And mostly Mazz. Hockey is my favorite sport and Football 2nd. Mazz trying to talk hockey is so irritating and believe it or not his knowledge on hockey is worse than his knowledge on football.

When a few weeks ago he was trying to tell people the NHL salary cap is the same as the NFL. NHL salary cap is straight forward. Total salary divided by years in contract equals cap hit. He was talking about releasing players in the NHL and getting some cap room back. Yeah Mazz NHL cap doesn't work that way. Up until the new CBA a player with a bad contract could be stashed in minors to avoid the cap hit. But not anymore. The only way to get rid of a bad cap hit is trade or a buyout.

And Felger was better when he didn't try to rile up everything and make a controversy out of it.

Holley is the best host on sports radio. I hated when they paired him with the worst host on sports radio, The Big Dope, Glenn Ordway. They finally canned Ordway, and what do they do? Import a new tool in from Seattle. Salk sucks. There's no way around it. I feel bad for Holley. Hope they didn't guarantee too much money to Salk.

Felger and Mazz can be insufferable at times, but they get the bulk of my afternoon listening by default. What else is there? To be honest, I think most of the hosts on the two sports radio stations suck. Gresh is brutal. He sounds like he's yelling all the time. Mutt sounds like the kid that used to get beat up, and hung by his underwear in HS. Toucher and Rich simply don't know sports, and one of them contantly studders like moron. The quality of host is definately lacking imo.

I miss Bob Neumier. He was terrific.

I havent listened to Salk enough to decide whether I like him or not but he is from Boston, born and bred and is a real hockey fan, thats all I know so far, I havent found him condescending yet but like I say I havent listened a whole lot.

Ill never listen to F & M again, I gave them a shot and found Felger decided to take the lazy way out and just be a contrarian to rile up the idiots, it works I guess because the rating have been decent, if he had someone to challenge him when he goes off the rails instead of Mazz just saying, you're right Mike, the show might be listenable. When Gaspars been on and challenges Felger the show hasnt been bad but Mazz day to day sucks.

I listen to Felger & Mazz everyday because its entertaining and makes my miserable commute bearable. They can be very funny and while I don't always agree with their respective comments they're not afraid to challenge hypocrisy and blind homerism. Marc Bertrand also is pretty smart. Wiggy is entertaining as well. Their show reminds me of a sports debate you'd have amongst friends while hoisting some frostys.

Holley knows his stuff but Salk is as interesting as an empty styrofoam cup. His main qualification for the job thus far appears to be that he wasn't Glenn Ordway.

Felger and Mazz aren't an option for me, but I really like Michael Holley. I was optimistic about Salk because I dislike Ordway, but the more I listen to Salk, the less impressed I am.

I'd take Holley and Joan Rivers over Felger and Mazz at this point. At least Holley is good. And Joan probably has a bigger set then the two dbags on 98.5.

Other than that time slot, I listen to 98.5 the whole way, M-F.

Obviously two different stations, so this couldn't have happened, but I would have loved a Holley/Amendolara show. Felger and Mazz's rating would drop out entirely in one quarter and stay that way.

Obviously two different stations, so this couldn't have happened, but I would have loved a Holley/Amendolara show. Felger and Mazz's rating would drop out entirely in one quarter and stay that way.

That would have been great. Do you ever listen to DA late night? I like his show.

Can't stand toucher and Riche..they remind me of Lorn and Wally that I was forced to listen to on the drive into work...so I deal with D & C when I have to listen to sportstalk in the AM....Mutt and Merloni are a joke...Rather listen to the "Sophmoric humor" of Gresh and Zo although I have never been a Gresh fan...Felger is a closet cheesehead as much as Gresh is a Squeelers fan and Mazzzz is like listening to Mickey Mouse on helium...can't do either of them. Mazz knows his baseball but has no clue about football. Salk and Holly...well....For full disclosure, I am a big Glenn Ordway fan, you only miss em when they are gone..I like the "Old School" sportstalk radio...Dissin' on the fans when they make downright stupid comments....and I do like Michael Holly as well as Dale Arnold.. IMO..EEI has gone to hell in a bucket because of upper management...The ballsy move would be to bring back Ordway for the afternoon drive and put Salk on the mid day show with Dale...or better yet...put Dale and Holly back together....put Ordway and Salk together and listen to the fireworks of the 2 egos!! LOL..as a whole...Boston sportstalk radio sux as of late...especially when it's not football season.

I'd take Holley and Joan Rivers over Felger and Mazz at this point. At least Holley is good. And Joan probably has a bigger set then the two dbags on 98.5.

Other than that time slot, I listen to 98.5 the whole way, M-F.

The 98.5 morning guys are wat too sophmoric for my taste. One of them is a Jet fan to boot

I do like sports radio, during football season that is. I will listen to it from September to January. I will tune out the rest of the year for the simple fact they rarely talk celtics, I am not a bruins fan and I HATE baseball.

NFL radio on satellite is the best thing going. Almost nothing but pure football.

A few posters have mentioned Satellite radio as their first choice. I've heard it on a few rental cars and it is good. However, I wonder it's future. There are only certain makes that carry Satellite radio standard while many do not. I just do not see folks spending the extra cash to buy a unit and have it installed.

I can understand making a change at WEEI because they were getting their asses handed to them, but I would take Ordway over Salk 100 times out of 100. Salk is completely useless, pure milktoast imo. Holley is really good and although contrarians tend to make me nuts I think that pairing him with Minnehan could have been really interesting. Salk is going to cause me to turn the station off altogether as that slot is the only one i listen to anymore, the rest all suck.

something about salk's voice annoys the heck out of me. merloni bugs me too. he should stick to being a baseball expert. forget 98.5. holley's the only listenable person on either station, though i do like shep. it's really sad. weekends are a mishmash.

Salk has been a boob. Plain and simple so far. He knows a lot about sports and he throws it in your face. Maybe he's just getting adjusted and figuring things out but he needs to tone it down a bit. The show seems to be figuring things out. All of their segments are just awkward. They act like they got rid of the whiner line but instead came out with a far less interesting version. Their callers seem scripted at times too. Almost like they script their show.

I may be in the minority here, but I like Mut and Lou. They are well informed, listen/respect callers, and have great interviews. Gresh & Zo can be good at times but they generally just worship at the feet of Belichick and agree with anything/everything the Pats do. Basically, your typical Patriot homers. But that works for them.

The mornings are more painful than ever. Couldn't be more sick of both shows. D&C needs to lose Dennis. I would love to see a combo of Mary Paoletti/Callahan/Minihain (as was rumored). Anyone but Dennis, he just brings out the worst in everyone. Then there is T&R....good Lord. I cannot stand Wallach, simply can't stand him. He laughs at literally every word that Toucher or Rich says. Brings nothing to the table. The other two try to act like they follow sports but they really couldn't care any less about any of the teams. The Adolpho act is unbearable.

In general, the 10-2 slots are the only slots where you will actually get sports conversation. Favorite shows going right now are Bertrand and Gasper on Saturdays and Dale Arnold's shift on Sunday mornings.

Salk has been a boob. Plain and simple so far. He knows a lot about sports and he throws it in your face. Maybe he's just getting adjusted and figuring things out but he needs to tone it down a bit. The show seems to be figuring things out. All of their segments are just awkward. They act like they got rid of the whiner line but instead came out with a far less interesting version. Their callers seem scripted at times too. Almost like they script their show.

I may be in the minority here, but I like Mut and Lou. They are well informed, listen/respect callers, and have great interviews. Gresh & Zo can be good at times but they generally just worship at the feet of Belichick and agree with anything/everything the Pats do. Basically, your typical Patriot homers. But that works for them.

The mornings are more painful than ever. Couldn't be more sick of both shows. D&C needs to lose Dennis. I would love to see a combo of Mary Paoletti/Callahan/Minihain (as was rumored). Anyone but Dennis, he just brings out the worst in everyone. Then there is T&R....good Lord. I cannot stand Wallach, simply can't stand him. He laughs at literally every word that Toucher or Rich says. Brings nothing to the table. The other two try to act like they follow sports but they really couldn't care any less about any of the teams. The Adolpho act is unbearable.

In general, the 10-2 slots are the only slots where you will actually get sports conversation. Favorite shows going right now are Bertrand and Gasper on Saturdays and Dale Arnold's shift on Sunday mornings.

I actually listen to 1030 AM WBZ during the morning now ... both morning sports shows suck.

Salk is going to be a disaster for them ... he is a pompous annoying douchebag.

Minehan has actually helped the D&C show. I think Dennis and Minehan would be way better than Dennis and Calahan.

Gresch - Mazz - Felger - Callahan - Salk ... all douchebags and in that order.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore