PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Houston Radio Guys on With Gresh and Zo...Make it Stop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The QB he is NOW. 2009-2012: 2-3.
I like focusing on who he is now rather than ten years ago, but to be honest I think he's better now. I think he's much better now.

We can't be constantly calling on W/L records to define a QB's play whether it's Tom's or Manning's. W/L records involve too many variables to do with team. We all know that the 2009 team lacked character, for instance, and yet here we are quoting that loss as a strike against Brady? Nope. I don't buy it. Just watch the guy play the game. Telling me he's not better than the 2001 Tom? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

They were calling Perillo a Manning Lover because Perillo was cracking out the old chestnuts about Manning in the playoffs, and because they were trying to get under his skin. They have, nonetheless, been playing the equation game, by using the "But since the 10-0 start" approach, as if those games don't count, and by ignoring/minimizing context (something that this board knows plenty about, as a matter of fact) such as Brady getting injured during the 2007 playoffs, coming off the ACL season and losing Welker in 2009, etc...

I don't know, I didn't think this was so negative. I think the problem (as you point out) is that they only discuss Brady, when really they should say the team hasn't played as well since the 10-0 start. I don't know how you can fault Brady for losing a 24-3 lead in Indy, in 2006 for example, or allowing Ray Rice to kill us in 2009, when he had also lost Welker. But Brady has had a few stinkers in there himself (as he freely admitted last year when we barely squeaked by in the AFCCG). I listen to Felger and Mazz for the entertainment factor, not to pump up my opinion of the Pats or Brady (which is through the roof anyway!)

I caught that similcast with the Houston guys and it was annoying as all hell...bunch of whining screaming "whaaa whaa's" thinking that talking louder than the next guy while he's talking is going to make you right. But what bothered me most was A) Gresh and Zoe said they weren't going to talk about the last time the 2 teams met..which they did as soon as the insults started flying and B) Those 2 clowns from the Houston station sound exactly like the fans on the Texans Message Board LOL..
For me..I can't stand Toucher and Riche...they remind me of Lorn and Wally from WROR..I deal with D & C just because of how radical they truly are....
Then I leave EEI to 98.5 for Gresh and Zoe..I can't stand Andy Gresh...not that he's stupid...far from it...it's just....well he just annoys me..always has...Zoe...He's a pro ball player...Always have to respect the opinion of a Pro......loved Deøssie and Smerlis on EEI on Fridays....crude football locker room talk without the nudity, rat tails and cuss words..lol...
Bye far the best tandem in years was Dale and Holly....Friggin' Brilliant.. Move EEI.....As Clean Cut as Dale Arnold is...he's still one of the top 3 sports talk radio hosts in New England..
Anyhow...then I bop back to EEI for the Big O...sorry folks...like the old school shtick just wish they pair him up with someone like Tom Heinson...lol....nights...DA's Gone so now it's a toss up...like Mikey because Adam Pacman Jones...is trying to be to commercial........chill out Packman..it's nighttime sports talk radio..and yes..BTW.speaking of "Old School"....I do miss Eddie Andelman...the Grandfather of sports talk radio...if it weren't for him...who know's..he had faith in the concept long ago...Now..why he left EEI the year they finally won it all I can't figure out...if he left on his own all I can say is.."You Shumck".....

It was on in Hou and I listened to it; pretty embarrassing for the first 2/3rds as all they did was yell at each other.
Towards the end they had some discussion and once Ted Johnson got involved then the Boston guys chilled a little bit, actually no, Zo showed a little respect. The other guy is a douche.

Grish or whatever you call him had been on earlier in the week during the afternoon slot and completely dismissed the Texans. Said they have ZERO chance of being competitive, much less winning. That got some ears perked up.

After it was over, Ted said it was the worst radio he'd ever been a part of. he has allegiance to both teams since he works in this market now and said it was very hard to listen to the two just get stupid about the whole thing.

One thing he said later in the hour caught my attention. There has been a lot of talk about how week the Texan players must be in they use the insults from the Boston media as motivation. Ted said that BB saved everything negative ever written about his team and used it for motivation. Said either he or his secretary would be combing the papers and listen to radio/tv excerpts in a attempt to find whatever bulletin board material he could use to let his team know someone thought they were not good. Funny how the Boston guys rag on the Texans for doing it when the master has been doing it forever.

I just listened in on a Boston TV reporter predict a 22 pt victory for the Pats and spend most of the time talking about Denver.

Has a team that finished with the 2nd best record in the league, a team that played 9, NINE, games against teams with winning records, ever been so summarily dismissed by everyone? Including I might add, most of their own fans. The Texans have talent, and they are pissed off.

Texans may not win on Sunday, but get ready for a very angry football team.

LOL......angry.....lets see how that works out against focused

yes....the texans have talent that gets crapped on by other good teams

Has a team that finished with the 2nd best record in the league, a team that played 9, NINE, games against teams with winning records, ever been so summarily dismissed by everyone? Including I might add, most of their own fans. The Texans have talent, and they are pissed off.

I don't like Gresh but Merloni is just awful IMHO. He puts me to sleep.

It was on in Hou and I listened to it; pretty embarrassing for the first 2/3rds as all they did was yell at each other.
Towards the end they had some discussion and once Ted Johnson got involved then the Boston guys chilled a little bit, actually no, Zo showed a little respect. The other guy is a douche.

Grish or whatever you call him had been on earlier in the week during the afternoon slot and completely dismissed the Texans. Said they have ZERO chance of being competitive, much less winning. That got some ears perked up.

After it was over, Ted said it was the worst radio he'd ever been a part of. he has allegiance to both teams since he works in this market now and said it was very hard to listen to the two just get stupid about the whole thing.

One thing he said later in the hour caught my attention. There has been a lot of talk about how week the Texan players must be in they use the insults from the Boston media as motivation. Ted said that BB saved everything negative ever written about his team and used it for motivation. Said either he or his secretary would be combing the papers and listen to radio/tv excerpts in a attempt to find whatever bulletin board material he could use to let his team know someone thought they were not good. Funny how the Boston guys rag on the Texans for doing it when the master has been doing it forever.

I just listened in on a Boston TV reporter predict a 22 pt victory for the Pats and spend most of the time talking about Denver.

Thanks for posting what happened. I agree with Ted Johnson that that was very bad radio. It's too bad because the concept was good - having both teams' radio guys on and a player who played for one team and is from the area of the other. Too bad they picked the wrong people to carry it out. Just having Zo talk to Ted Johnson would have been the better move.

I heard the first couple of minutes and turned it off. Gresh is an embarrassment.

There are plenty of serious football fans in New England who have great respect for the Texans (I'm one of them and you will find many more on this board). Tough to win 12 games in this league ...

Sunday should be a great matchup and I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks for posting what happened. I agree with Ted Johnson that that was very bad radio. It's too bad because the concept was good - having both teams' radio guys on and a player who played for one team and is from the area of the other. Too bad they picked the wrong people to carry it out. Just having Zo talk to Ted Johnson would have been the better move.

It's embarrassing how much Gresh and Zo are strutting over this crap this week. I've lost a lot of respect for them.

We all know BB is the master of getting guys to play with a chip on their shoulder. His deadpanned reading of the Philadelpia parade route the night before SB39 is a classic. "It's 11:00 in case any of you want to attend that."

55 seconds into this video.

The thing is you do have the have the right guys. They have to get pi55ed, not feeling sorry for themselves, or acting like their feelings have been hurt. The Patriots also have always kept that stuff internal until afterwards. I'm not sure the Texans have the same sort of character traits. They quit that last game, and nothing I've seen of interviews with them says "angry." We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back