PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anybody think Faulk is in trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a 10 year vet, makes 3.5 million and embarrassed the team when they could least afford it.

Plus when was the last time he made a clutch play?

i think its pretty easy how he passed.. he was caught with unsmoked joints.. obviously he would pass if he didnt smoke them yet.. maybe its an offseason habit he has...

just cause he passed, does that prove it wasnt his jacket? dont know...

just cause ty law said he had his cousins bag does that mean it wasnt his?

do i care? not really.. do i think he should be cut for it? no..

Got it. You believe it was his and he is a liar, and that he tested negative because he was just waiting to become a pot head.
I agree with your original statement 'an example has to be made', made out of know it alls like you who sit around do nothing and criticize guy like Faulk who has accomplished more in his NFL career than you could in 12 lifetimes.

He's a 10 year vet, makes 3.5 million and embarrassed the team when they could least afford it. I don't know the cap situation but if cutting him after June 1 saves 2 to 2.5 or more, I think he could be cut or traded. They need to set an example and Faulk may pay for "borrowing his friends jacket".

Thanks for starting YET ANOTHER imbicilic thread. To answer your question...

No. As in NO. As in NO, this is stupid, there is NO CHANCE that the Patriots cut Faulk. He is one of our most valuable, productive players. Please peddle your tripe elsewhere.

Got it. You believe it was his and he is a liar, and that he tested negative because he was just waiting to become a pot head.
I agree with your original statement 'an example has to be made', made out of know it alls like you who sit around do nothing and criticize guy like Faulk who has accomplished more in his NFL career than you could in 12 lifetimes.

make your own assumptions.. for the record, your second sentence.. never was me.. so please dont put words in my mouth or make them out as statements i made..

Last edited:
Wow, this is insane, he a very valuable asset. He's made more clutch 3rd down conversions then anyone else on the team, usually after first contact.

I think I just developed a tic

Me too, Zeke.
You don't cut Faulk.
This man has been one of our most clutch players.
Cut Faulk?
Are you kidding?
:violent:

He's a 10 year vet, makes 3.5 million and embarrassed the team when they could least afford it. I don't know the cap situation but if cutting him after June 1 saves 2 to 2.5 or more, I think he could be cut or traded. They need to set an example and Faulk may pay for "borrowing his friends jacket".
You're a freakin' idiot!

Have you embarrassed yourself by starting this thread?

Last edited:
How did he embarrass the team? Wearing someone elses coat? You act like he is full of crap saying it was someone else's coat. If it were his, how did he pass the drug test?

Do you really want to go on record as stating that you believe the "friends jacket" story?

Who the heck is going to run the San Diego 2007 and Carolina 2005 direct snap 2 point conversion plays?

Last edited:
If Faulk was the only Pat to have a weed eruption during the off-season, this wouldn't be an issue, IMO. Willie Anderson makes two, tho, and the FO may think they have to make a statement. The signing of Aikens, another gunner, may be making Willie a little anxious.

Have YOU been wearing Faulk's friend's jacket?
Because you sound like your pretty high.

Ha ha, Im gonna start saying that whenever anyone says anything crazy. "man, you been wearring faulk's friend's jacket?"

Last edited:
Do you really feel he embarrassed the team? A lot? Badly?
He DID pass a drug test. FWIW

ummm, he was tested and past, there is no more to the story, Faulk was telling the truth, he wasnt smoking....(or if he was, he passed the test anywyas, so it doenst matter)

if faulk is cut (which i highly doubt, he won a couple of games for us last yr by himself) it wont be b/c of that incident

His salary is $2.4M and it would cost $1M to cut him, it's not a big savings - not to mention his "incident" barely caused a blip on the radar screen and he's a great player.

So . . . no.

BBFan - Faulk's CAP hit is 3.5 million. Cutting would save 2.1 million against the cap. Take a look at Miguel's pages.

That being said, I brought this up back when it happened. Faulk is still amongst the best 3rd down backs in the league. I think you'd be hard pressed to say he's even lost a step.

He tested negative on his drug test. So that is a huge plus in his favor.

He could very well, have just borrowed a friends jacket and got caught with the stuff not being his.

I don't forsee Faulk being cut. But then, I didn't see Colvin being cut either.

ummm, he was tested and past, there is no more to the story, Faulk was telling the truth, he wasnt smoking....(or if he was, he passed the test anywyas, so it doenst matter)

The law is called "possession". But I don't have a J.D.

Last edited:
The law is called "possession". But I don't have a J.D.

Depending on the amount, it could be a misdemeanor. A slap on the wrist. Not like Willie Andrews who got busted for Possession with an attempt to distribute.

4 joints in a jacket that by his account wasn't his. Why is this a story again?

His salary is $2.4M and it would cost $1M to cut him, it's not a big savings - not to mention his "incident" barely caused a blip on the radar screen and he's a great player.

So . . . no.
:yeahthat: ..... Hell no me too ... :snob:

4 joints in a jacket that by his account wasn't his. Why is this a story again?

My point was that if you like to carry around pot that you are not going to smoke, you can still be arrested because its against the law.

Also get rid of Tedy Bruschi because I found his having a stroke was very embarrassing for the team as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News