PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anybody think Faulk is in trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a 10 year vet, makes 3.5 million and embarrassed the team when they could least afford it. I don't know the cap situation but if cutting him after June 1 saves 2 to 2.5 or more, I think he could be cut or traded. They need to set an example and Faulk may pay for "borrowing his friends jacket".

No. Who has produced more per play than Faulk?

Willie Andrews is accused of distributing and he's a special teamer. I like the guy but i wouldn't buy a new car if I were him.

Brady likes to go to Faulk on third down because, for some reason, teams forget he can catch.
And he catches them.
And he converts 1st down.
And he blocks well.
And he just does his job down after down.
Basically everything BB likes in a football player.
I'm sure the Front Office will "make an exception" in the case of Faulk's dope "problem."

Last edited:
The offseason is now official!

We have had the lets make a safety a CB thread. Kudos to Meriweather for filling the Wilson role.

We have had the sky is falling first day of free agency thread.

And finally, we've had the Kevin Faulk is old, makes too much $, and is going to be cut thread.
No way David Patten makes this team!

How did he embarrass the team? Wearing someone elses coat? You act like he is full of crap saying it was someone else's coat. If it were his, how did he pass the drug test?

I assume multi millionaires have their own coats. I also assume that the joints were intended for enjoyment inside the concert and my last stupid assumption is that the police confiscated the joints before he had a chance to smoke them. If you caught your underaged son heading to a concert with a cooler full of beer would you let him off the hook if he passed a breathalyzer?

I am not as enamored with KF as most of you. To me he is strictly a catch the ball out of the backfield back. IMO he is nothing special running the ball, he can pass block, but according to Miguel's page he is due to make 3.5 next season. The team needs to get younger. Like Willie and TJ (I believe he knew what was coming and retired) the Patriots don't mind getting rid of popular players if they don't think they are worth the money.

I assume multi millionaires have their own coats. I also assume that the joints were intended for enjoyment inside the concert and my last stupid assumption is that the police confiscated the joints before he had a chance to smoke them. If you caught your underaged son heading to a concert with a cooler full of beer would you let him off the hook if he passed a breathalyzer?

I am not as enamored with KF as most of you. To me he is strictly a catch the ball out of the backfield back. IMO he is nothing special running the ball, he can pass block, but according to Miguel's page he is due to make 3.5 next season. The team needs to get younger. Like Willie and TJ (I believe he knew what was coming and retired) the Patriots don't mind getting rid of popular players if they don't think they are worth the money.
If you disagree with BB/SP about the value of Faulk, just say so. But you said he should be cut because he embarrassed the team. A very different thing, especially as he didn't.

BTW, if you have a teen-age son, you should get a lot smarter about booze and drugs.

If he passed a marijuana test, then he hasn't smoked in a couple weeks, so don't jump down his throat if he says he didn't smoke the joints in the jacket he borrowed.

And, yeah, if his cooler was full of beer and he passed a breathalyzer, it isn't the same as have a cooler full of empties and blowing a .15

This ridiculous thread makes me wish I had some weed.
Seriously.

I am not as enamored with KF as most of you. To me he is strictly a catch the ball out of the backfield back. IMO he is nothing special running the ball, he can pass block, but according to Miguel's page he is due to make 3.5 next season.

See, this is the kind of post that even people who criticize me for being too hot-headed on occasion will totally back me up on when I say, to the mountaintops, YOU, good sir, are a completely ridiculous, utterly asinine IDIOT. SHUT UP. Try watching football. Leave.

Last edited:
I don't think Faulk is in trouble, but he may have the munchies.

If you disagree with BB/SP about the value of Faulk, just say so. But you said he should be cut because he embarrassed the team. A very different thing, especially as he didn't.

BTW, if you have a teen-age son, you should get a lot smarter about booze and drugs.

If he passed a marijuana test, then he hasn't smoked in a couple weeks, so don't jump down his throat if he says he didn't smoke the joints in the jacket he borrowed.

And, yeah, if his cooler was full of beer and he passed a breathalyzer, it isn't the same as have a cooler full of empties and blowing a .15

I never said he should be cut because of the pot.I asked the question that if anyone considered that along with the pot issue, his age and his cap hit he might be in trouble.

I wonder how you would feel if your teenage daughter headed out on a date with a guy that had a pocket full of condoms? I'm sure you would buy the "they are my friends" story.

I never said he should be cut because of the pot.I asked the question that if anyone considered that along with the pot issue, his age and his cap hit he might be in trouble.

I wonder how you would feel if your teenage daughter headed out on a date with a guy that had a pocket full of condoms? I'm sure you would buy the "they are my friends" story.

It's not really the same thing is it?

Just give up. You're not making sense and it shows.

See, the thing is, you're trying to make the pot be an issue, when in fact it's not. He says it's not his, he was proactive enough to call BB to let him know and to take the test as soon as he could after, so guess what? It's not an issue. Except to you, apparently.

See, this is the kind of post that even people who criticize me for being too hot-headed on occasion will totally back me up on when I say, to the mountaintops, YOU, good sir, are a completely ridiculous, utterly asinine IDIOT. SHUT UP. Try watching football. Leave.

Time will tell regarding Faulk. I won't get into a pissing contest with you. I've never felt the need to insult people that disagree with me. I've learned that people that have nothing to add to a conversation generally yell and/or insult people. I'm sure that if Faulk gets cut, you'll be back here to apologize. And not that it matters, but I went to a D1 college for free because I could play football, so my opinion does have, at the very least, as much value as yours.

Last edited:
Time will tell regarding Faulk. I won't get into a pissing contest with you. I've never felt the need to insult people that disagree with me. I've learned that people that have nothing to add to a conversation generally yell and/or insult people. I'm sure that if Faulk gets cut, you'll be back here to apologize. And not that it matters, but I went to a D1 college for free because I could play football, so my opinion does have, at the very least, as much value as yours.

I'm curious, are you a Pats fan ? Do you watch football ?

The reason I ask, you seem to have a complete lack of understanding of the situation, that's why people think your stupid, no offense, just an FYI

HILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLARIOUS. The thing is, Captain-of-the-football-team, the idea that you think Faulk will get cut proves how beyond the pale uninformed you are about this issue. It's ridiculous. You want me to "add" something to the conversation instead of just calling you out as an idiot? Okay...

1) Belichick has said NUMEROUS TIMES (and recently) that, on a play-by-play basis, Kevin Faulk is one of the Patriots most valuable and productive players.

2) Faulk is widely known ("widely" = everyone-but-you) to be a terrific pass blocker.

3) Faulk clearly had another very solid, productive season for the Patriots last year. Clutch catches, big first downs, voted a captain, and vital pass-protection.

You are getting pummeled in about eight different directions. Sorry to have had to go all specific on your ass, but you asked for it. Yours is an idiotic point of view. Try watching the games, Div I Boy.

I'm curious, are you a Pats fan ? Do you watch football ?

The reason I ask, you seem to have a complete lack of understanding of the situation, that's why people think your stupid, no offense, just an FYI

What situation is it that I have a complete lack of understanding of?

HILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLARIOUS. The thing is, Captain-of-the-football-team, the idea that you think Faulk will get cut proves how beyond the pale uninformed you are about this issue. It's ridiculous. You want me to "add" something to the conversation instead of just calling you out as an idiot? Okay...

1) Belichick has said NUMEROUS TIMES (and recently) that, on a play-by-play basis, Kevin Faulk is one of the Patriots most valuable and productive players.

2) Faulk is widely known ("widely" = everyone-but-you) to be a terrific pass blocker.

3) Faulk clearly had another very solid, productive season for the Patriots last year. Clutch catches, big first downs, voted a captain, and vital pass-protection.

You are getting pummeled in about eight different directions. Sorry to have had to go all specific on your ass, but you asked for it. Yours is an idiotic point of view. Try watching the games, Div I Boy.

If you could comprehend what you read, you would see that I mentioned that Faulk can catch out of the backfield and pass block. I did say that he was average at best carrying the ball. I think this team could have been 16-0 with someone else taking his snaps.

If you could comprehend what you read, you would see that I mentioned that Faulk can catch out of the backfield and pass block. I did say that he was average at best carrying the ball. I think this team could have been 16-0 with someone else taking his snaps.

Listen, here's the rub chiefie. Faulk is, and has been for a very long time, one of the most productive players on offense. If you think we're 16-0 without him, it shows that either you don't watch the games, or your comprehension of them is utterly atrocious. Please don't try to impress us with your D-1 history, please remember that thousands of D1 players are incapable of comprehending the BB system. All you are doing is proving you are likely one of them. To suggest that Faulk's perceived "weaknesses" are cause for his dismissal (or even probable cause for his dismissal) when coupled with his cap hit shows that you are either not a strong follower of the team, or not a strong follower of football. Either way, you are suggesting we release the player who singlehandedly gets us 1st downs when it counts most. Many have argued, and most agree, Faulk is possibly the MOST clutch player on this team with maybe Brady as the only one who produces more when it means most. Faulk is what Troy Brown was years ago in terms of clutch performance, which is why many here get close to tears when word of Brown's impending departure reaches them...he is THE team player who delivers when, as a fan, you want it most. You obviously don't get that, which is why so many people are jumping down your throat and insulting you...because if you don't get that, as I've stated repeatedly, you either don't watch the team, or don't get football...neither of which is impressive on a fan site.

Last edited:

Thing is, it's about the pot. If you were trying to convince us that Faulk would be some sort of "cap-casualty", that would be one thing. I would disagree with you, but it would be a some kind of argument.
But, you mention things like "making an example" and "embarassing the team".
If, I said if, Faulk were to be cut, it would NOT have anything to do with the "pot incident".
I think that sums it up.

Last edited:
Wow this is some argument I am reading. I just hope that K Faulk follows this rule:

"You don't get high on your own supply!"

hahahahah

Wow this is some argument I am reading. I just hope that K Faulk follows this rule:

"You don't get high on your own supply!"

hahahahah

So now you're suggesting he's some kind of drug dealer?

Kevin Fault's standing on the roster !! What else ?

I doubt your a fan of the game, if you are, you've never watched enough to have a intelligent opinion on Faulk. The only reason he's cut is too create cap space, and that's a reach.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing