PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any news on Anthony Waters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take Waters on day two without a problem. Put him on one of the injury lists, since he's not going to significantly contribute in 2007 anyway.

Cousins,
Just curious and I admit I do not know much in this world. Why is Waters on your lists? All information on him describes him as a below average tackler. He's not a good blitzer. He is below average in coverage.
Patchick has information contrary to everything I have read on this kid. No offense. Where is the link that says he is a guy that fits with us? I suppose you could be good with your hands and shed blockers and still be weak as a tackler, I guess?

I am in agreement on DeOssie and Bishop.
DW Toys

I'd like to know where you get that Waters, who was one of the top ILB prospects before he tore his ACL, is a below average tackler. He's a monster in run defense. His pass defense is mediocre at best.

On Waters:
He had 109 tackles, 1.5 sacks, and 7 PBU's the year before his injury.

NFLDraftCountdown describes him as follows:
Strengths:
Has great size and bulk...Excellent instincts...Smart and a hard worker...Reliable tackler and a big hitter...Versatile...He fights through blocks well...Solid range...A decent pass rusher...Good motor...Has a lot of experience...Was very productive.

Weaknesses:
Average timed speed and agility...Is coming off a major injury...Solid but not great in coverage and will struggle in man situations...Doesn't have fluid hips...Sub par hands and ball skills...Technique needs refining...Some minor character concerns.

Tackling is not a problem. He's not great in coverage - but did knock down 9 passes. In comparison, Darelle Revis was credited with 4 PBU's, Laron Landry with 4, and Reggie Nelson with 4.

On Zak DeOssie:
I see him as an OLB at the next level. His size and speed, coupled with his lack of complex experience, seem better at OLB than ILB, at least for his first several years.

On Stewart Bradley:
I also see Bradley as an OLB.

"After tearing his ACL during the year, Clemson LB Anthony Waters did not work out at the Combine or at his pro day on March 13, but he did work out for a contingent of scouts yesterday and really impressed scouts, barely seven months removed from the injury, when he clocked between 4.64 and 4.72 on the watches of scouts, according to an evaluator in attendance. He leaped 34½ inches and looked surprisingly fluid in positional drills. He still may not be fully ready in time for an NFL training camp. Yet, with five positional coaches in attendance, a large number for a player at any workout, there is legitimate interest in Waters, and he could now warrant consideration late on the first day of the draft."

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2007/wwhi040407.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes