PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any Interest in Miami Dolphins' DL Paul Soliai?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to add this point

A 3-4DE is responsible to hold the gap and in passing down rush. A taller 3-4DE like seymour was good as he can see over the top of gaurds and while rushing and get to the QB .

Compare to vince who is a few inch short , he has a hard time finding the qb. yeah he can hold the line but you loss pass rush. also a taller DE can close the distance to QB faster. imagine seymour chasing the qb than vince.

same with the steeler casey is stout and short and cannot play at keisel position. they are build completely different due to what is ask to be done.

every time vince plays DE you are giving up pass rush to be strong at the line against the run. same when we play love type of guys outside.if you want your DE to pressure then you need to get that types.

satz

Good question. I'd also say yes but the only person I'd really want from Miami is Cameron Wake!

Last edited:
Rodgers could fit here at DE..

Solai would be a good-great pickup. It all starts with the front 3. If they don't ALL command recognition then your options for success at any of the LB positions are vastly dimished in BBs scheme. Who comes first is optional but getting an OLB without eventually settling the DE position will garner limited returns.

Another one bites the dust: Dolphins just placed the franchise tag (non-exclusive) on Soliai. Will get about $12.5 million.

Last edited:
Another one bites the dust: Dolphins just placed the franchise tag (non-exclusive) on Soliai. Will get about $12.5 million.

Another rumor from the media which said that Soliai was all but gone bites the dust as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents