PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any Andre Carter news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, I'd like to bring up the class Tebow showed. He came over and tapped Carter on the helmet and then applauded when he was taken off in the cart.

Say what you want about Tebow but you don't opposing QB's do that.

FWIW, I'd like to bring up the class Tebow showed. He came over and tapped Carter on the helmet and then applauded when he was taken off in the cart.

I don't think anyone here has ever accused Tebow of lacking class.

Tebow is a good kid.

We have NO strengths on defense!

Chung and Spikes being back would do more for this defense than Carter would have. I still don't think it's an ACL, more likely an MCL sprain.

11 sacks is not a strength on the DE? lol ok

Hope Carter will be ok. He has been a big part of our defense.

It did take a hit but Anderson came in and looked like a Carter clone.

Anderson isn't a back-up. They are both coming off the edge in pass situations.

This is like the Patriots equivalent of losing Freeney and then expecting Mathis to rush for both of them. Doesn't work that way.

If this pushes us to a 34 it is a blessing in disguise. Anderson and Moore played very well today.

Andre Carter out for season

Out for season per the sports hub details to follow

Sad news the guy has been a Beast reminding this fan base what Rushing the passer actually is.

Last edited:
If this pushes us to a 34 it is a blessing in disguise. Anderson and Moore played very well today.

I'm pretty sure Bill knows what he's doing with the defense, so it's hard for me to see Carter's injury as a blessing in disguise.

Re: Andre Carter out for season

That's exactly what we need :(

Huge loss but IMO Anderson has been the better pass rusher all season.He's played less and had more pressure in those snaps. He's a better pure pass rusher, but I don't think he can do all the things Carter does at DE. Hopefully Moore performs as well as he did after being signed late last season.

Hope he recovers fully and is back next year, he's been amazing for us.

Edit: If we go back the the 34 Anderson becomes pretty useless I think, he hasn't done anything in his career as an OLB as he? All of his good years came at DE, no? I might be confusing him for someone else, I know Carter failed as a OLB as well, I believe Anderson was the same exact story.

Last edited:
Ouch........ but......

Anderson is a very good backup, and if the Pats go to the superbowl, it will be because of the offense.

heard it was a quad inj... same inj as rodney... hopefully he comes back next year

Time for Cunningham to shine.....Oh Snap hes on IR :rolleyes:

Can we have one ******* season without an injury to a major playmaker in some fine form. Is that too much to ask for?

if it were an ACL, wouldn't he be holding the area just below his knee ala Brady in 2008? I remember brady just grabbing below his knee where the pain was, not the knee itself.

if Moore was a good player the pats would not have let him go to start the season and someone would have picks him up a long time ago, Moore and Anderson are both sub package 4-3 DE's if the pats play a 3-4 Rob Ninkovich and Tracy White are the starting OLB's i dont see that as a blessing,

Carter was the best edge pass rusher the pats have had in a long time it's not the end of the pats season but this is a big lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News