PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any Andre Carter news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was your bicep tendon rupture proximal or distal, did it rupture where its attached up by the shoulder or down near the elbow? Theres a Big difference. I had a proximal bicep tendon rupture, (i specialize in ruptured tendons i've had Three :eek:) theres not a lot they can do, its mainly cosmetic, so it looks like you don't have a deficit, ( i didn't have the procedure done) where your bicep should be. Ted Johnson had a Distal Bicep rupture e.g. where the tendon is attached down near the elbow, those can be reattached and functional but it takes many months to recover.

up by the shoulder.....I also tore up my bicept muscle pretty good, probably because I walked around (and golfed) with it like that for 2 months....

Seeing Carter go down yesterday was very heartbreaking. I wish him nothing but the best with his recovery. Such a class act.

Reading his recent tweets, and you'd get the feeling that he just had the best game of his career. He's in very high spirits despite his injury. What a great guy.
https://twitter.com/mr_carter93

Ugh, the guy is a physical freak, how could he get injured when he takes care of his body so well?

Ugh, the guy is a physical freak, how could he get injured when he takes care of his body so well?

It might have something to do with being twisted and contorted while two 300-lb lineman fall on you..

You can say goodbye to what was a pretty solid pass rush this year. They are going to count on either E. Moore, Ninkovich, or M. Carter to step up as a sub-rusher. They have to prove they can beat a guy one on one or Anderson will get shut down in every game. Ninko has the most potential, but I think he helps the pass rush more blitzing from LB than playing DE.

So the pass defense could actually get worse now. But this is a tough team mentally and I think they'll find a way to keep winning.

You can say goodbye to what was a pretty solid pass rush this year. They are going to count on either E. Moore, Ninkovich, or M. Carter to step up as a sub-rusher. They have to prove they can beat a guy one on one or Anderson will get shut down in every game. Ninko has the most potential, but I think he helps the pass rush more blitzing from LB than playing DE.

So the pass defense could actually get worse now. But this is a tough team mentally and I think they'll find a way to keep winning.

As I have said before I don't see this loss being anywhere as big as the secondary cuts/injuries. The D sucks with or without Carter, and Anderson is now the sack guy, our line isn't solid either way and we rely on Brady's health for the most part.

Last edited:
I agree. Back to the 3-4!!!!

I think that the defense may actually be better without Carter. I understand that this seems strange since Carter has been our best defensive player this year.

BTW, I have no problem with Deaderick starting. I would rather have Wilfork at NT. Love would be OK depth, both at NT and at DE. Also, Guyton would be emergency depth at ILB.

This is the defense that we ended last year with, with Anderson instead of Banta-Cain. The defense played fairly well at the end of last year (recall the points scored stats).

With Spikes (hopefully) returning and Ron Brace getting back into the mix, will we see the Patriots move back into the 34 base defense?

Wilfork - Brace - Warren
Ninkovich - Mayo - Spikes - Moore/Anderson/Fletcher

We didn't lose either game when Mayo was out ...sometimes it looks bad when a good player goes down but I think we will be O.K.

The defense blows with or without Carter anyway....the only difference is now that QBs will have a little more time to kill the scrubendary.

I think we will find out today. But I agree with some of the other posters, my guess is quad tendon rupture. If so, a tranor or even the injured person can tell right away what problem is as the quad muscle rolls up towards the hip. Depending on severity, being 100% by August 2012 could be a challenge. I had quad tendon rupture, it is recoverable, but takes awhile to get range of motion and rebuid muscle.

It might have something to do with being twisted and contorted while two 300-lb lineman fall on you..

He wasn't touched...it reminded me of the play when Rodney tore his quad tendon (and ended his career). He just took an awkward step and...snap.

Last edited:
bad choice of words on my part......should have said Anderson stepped up and filled the pass rushing roll like a Carter clone. I realize Anderson starts opposite Carter but it has been Carter who was having the better year at getting to the QB, not that Anderson was having a bad year mind you, just not as good IMHO. Then when Carter went down Anderson appeared to step up with I believe Eric Moore coming off the bench.
Anderson doesnt start, but he 'starts' in sub packages. I would estimate he has played 30-40% of the snaps this season.
So while he is a reasonable every down replacement for Carter, it does open up a hole in the spot he occuped up until now.

Anderson doesnt start, but he 'starts' in sub packages. I would estimate he has played 30-40% of the snaps this season.
So while he is a reasonable every down replacement for Carter, it does open up a hole in the spot he occuped up until now.
Wheres Shawn Crable when you need him. :mad:

Unfortunate but injuries are part of the game for each and every team. You deal with them and you move on. That's why the best 53 man "team" wins the Super Bowl, and not the best "22 starters on a team."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case