PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any Andre Carter news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunate for the man, who made an enormous contribution and was cut down before he could shine on the big stage, and for the team. A class act.

Any chance they bring back Banta-Cain?

Edit: If we go back the the 34 Anderson becomes pretty useless I think, he hasn't done anything in his career as an OLB as he? All of his good years came at DE, no? I might be confusing him for someone else, I know Carter failed as a OLB as well, I believe Anderson was the same exact story.

Shouldn't impact his role too much. He's not a early down guy anyway, and subpackages should stay 4-man line.

And while we're on the subject of a glass half full, this means Carter's going to cost closer to minimum wage than the $4M or so he was probably going to get had he finished out the season. He was definitely one of my favorite players on the team though, after not even a full season.

ACL seems most likely the way he grabbed the kneecap first thing

Whether it's a full tear or not...it's probably a season ender

Last edited:
NESN is reporting that it is a Quad injury, not ACL, and he needs surgery. didn't say how long he would be out for.

And while we're on the subject of a glass half full, this means Carter's going to cost closer to minimum wage than the $4M or so he was probably going to get had he finished out the season. He was definitely one of my favorite players on the team though, after not even a full season.

Wow, I hope that's not true. Mr. Carter earned his money this year. That is a big disparity in dollars. Does'nt seem right......

Wow, I hope that's not true. Mr. Carter earned his money this year. That is a big disparity in dollars. Does'nt seem right......

Definitely, but that's how the NFL works. If you're not healthy, you don't get paid. Kinda like how Welker was going to push for a new contract during the offseason that he ended up using to rehab his ACL. On the bright side, Carter has already made around $30M in his career, and he seems like the kind of guy who hasn't used much of that at all.

Last edited:
NESN is reporting that it is a Quad injury, not ACL, and he needs surgery. didn't say how long he would be out for.
Needs surgery? Hell, it's December 18. I can tell you how long he'll be out for.

Tebow is a good kid.

I hate to say it but Tebow is a bit more like-able than Tom Brady...whereas you have Brady screaming at his receivers you have Tebow telling them they will get the next one...

Definitely, but that's how the NFL works. If you're not healthy, you don't get paid. Kinda like how Welker was going to push for a new contract during the offseason that he ended up using to rehab his ACL. On the bright side, Carter has already made around $30M in his career, and he seems like the kind of guy who hasn't used much of that at all.

With big extensions for Mankins and Mayo, and possibly Welker, and with Brady making nearly 20m a year, it gets harder to sign players like Carter to bigger deals, as wonderful as they've played this year.

I hate to say it but Tebow is a bit more like-able than Tom Brady...whereas you have Brady screaming at his receivers you have Tebow telling them they will get the next one...

You really, really need to find another NFL team's site to post on

Too bad. Carter has been one of the best acquisitions by the Pats in a while. I think Anderson can replace his pass rush, but Carter was good vs. the run too.

Brady isn't trying to insult them or bring them down. He's trying to teach them and toughen them up. This is the NFL, not pee wee football.

Too bad. Carter has been one of the best acquisitions by the Pats in a while. I think Anderson can replace his pass rush, but Carter was good vs. the run too.

Yep feel for the guy. He was having a great season and seemed to be in a place that fit him well. Hopefully this isn't the end of the road for him, even if he doesn't end up back in a Pats uni.

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

copyright infringement...my lawyers will see you in the A.M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back