PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another Red Sox management hatchet job on Ramirez

BIG difference is Belichick and the Pats don't routinely trash and demonize their players when they cut or trade them, whereas the Sox definitely have a media hatchet job on whoever they trade.
So the negative articles on Manny are hatchet jobs direct from the Red Sox, while the negative articles on Asante Samuel or Deion Branch have no connection to the Pats? How is that?

So the negative articles on Manny are hatchet jobs direct from the Red Sox, while the negative articles on Asante Samuel or Deion Branch have no connection to the Pats? How is that?
dont waste your time.

Manny is on the list of worst teammates in Boston sports history and there is actually someone here who wants to defend him?

Manny is on the list of worst teammates in Boston sports history and there is actually someone here who wants to defend him?

In what way is he on the list for worst teammate in Boston sports history? He's easily one of the more likeable people on the team, among the players not the fans, and I doubt anyone would say they'd rather not have Manny in the lineup. In terms of either talent or personality, Manny is on the positive end of what it means to be a good teammate.

Why are so many Boston fans so easily manipulated like sheep?

The Asante and Deion Branch examples aren't even close. The Pats are tight lipped on players, even players who are arseholes. The Sox throw dirt in the Boston papers on all sorts of things including clubhouse antics, they massively influence the papers and radio talk. The two aren't even close to being the same thing.

Last edited:
The Asante and Deion Branch examples aren't even close. The Pats are tight lipped on players, even players who are arseholes. The Sox throw dirt in the Boston papers on all sorts of things including clubhouse antics, they massively influence the papers and radio talk. The two aren't even close to being the same thing.
And please tell me how you know this. When Gammons badmouthed Manny it was obviously the Red Sox, when MacMullan badmouthed Asante it was obviously MacMullan?

What proof do you have that the Pats didn't feed info to MacMullan? What proof do you have that the Sox did feed info to Gammons?

He's easily one of the more likeable people on the team, among the players not the fans, and I doubt anyone would say they'd rather not have Manny in the lineup.

Maybe you missed the news of the veteran players on the team wanting him gone.

Here is what I know - Manny is one of the least clutch players that I have seen (of the one's with that much talent anyway). Manny up in the bottom of the ninth, with two outs and a chance to win the game - I completely expected to lose! Ortiz up in the bottom of the ninth - I believed the opposite. And ironically he carried that with him to LA last night. Although he did actually hustle down the line. But boy he will crush one in the bottom of the ninth with nothing on the line.

Last edited:
Maybe you missed the news of the veteran players on the team wanting him gone.
Apparently Theo is not only the Boss Tweed of the Boston sports media, he also has the ability to brainwash his players into believing what he wants.

The reports about his teammates wanting to move on, the reports about Boras saying Manny was being disruptive on purpose, the constant stream of angry diatribe from Manny the past few weeks, the reports about him pushing down the secretary, the reports about him forgetting what knee was injured when he went for the MRI, and anything else I've overlooked has all been orchestrated by Theo.

Here is what I know - Manny is one of the least clutch players that I have seen (of the one's with that much talent anyway). Manny up in the bottom of the ninth, with two outs and a chance to win the game - I completely expected to lose! Ortiz up in the bottom of the ninth - I believed the opposite. And ironically he carried that with him to LA last night. Although he did actually hustle down the line. But boy he will crush one in the bottom of the ninth with nothing on the line.

Are you on crack?

Look up Manny's stats in the playoffs, in Sept/Oct, and in the 9th innings of his entire career. Not only is he clutch, he's probably the best right handed hitter of this entire generation.

And don't say another idiotic thing like he's lazy, he's one of the hardest working hitters in the entire league.

Sox fans can be downright moronic at times.

Apparently Theo is not only the Boss Tweed of the Boston sports media, he also has the ability to brainwash his players into believing what he wants.

The reports about his teammates wanting to move on, the reports about Boras saying Manny was being disruptive on purpose, the constant stream of angry diatribe from Manny the past few weeks, the reports about him pushing down the secretary, the reports about him forgetting what knee was injured when he went for the MRI, and anything else I've overlooked has all been orchestrated by Theo.

Who said it was Theo?

Look at the Sox management, my bet would be on Lucchino. I love how you can list all of the negative media reports on Manny and not question where the info came from, or why so many negative articles have come out the past few weeks. It's the exact same thing to demonize Nomar or Pedro when they left.

I agree it was time for Manny to go and a trade was necessary.

But to deny a media hatchet job is laughable. You would NEVER see this kind of smearing from the Pats, where a constant stream of articles tries to paint a player as being hated by teammates, publishing every negative behavior, revealing locker room details which should remain private, etc.

Who said it was Theo?

Look at the Sox management, my bet would be on Lucchino. I love how you can list all of the negative media reports on Manny and not question where the info came from, or why so many negative articles have come out the past few weeks. It's the exact same thing to demonize Nomar or Pedro when they left.
Theo, Lucchino, Henry, Werner, Dee, whoever. Thats irrelevant.

And they all came out over the past few weeks because thats when Manny started blasting the FO. Had Manny said nothing there would have been no reason for all the articles to come out, and none of this would be an issue.
But to deny a media hatchet job is laughable. You would NEVER see this kind of smearing from the Pats, where a constant stream of articles tries to paint a player as being hated by teammates, publishing every negative behavior, revealing locker room details which should remain private, etc.
But you did see smearing of Patriots players. A lot of it. That's what the media does. And you have yet to give a reason why that smearing had nothing to do with the Patriots, but the Red Sox are obviously behind this smearing. You clearly believe that the Pats FO is crapping rainbows and the Red Sox are a terribly corrupt organization hell bent on damning their own players, but prove it. There is as much proof that says the Red Sox are behind the bad media for their players as there is proof the Pats are behind the bad media behind their players.

The media is allowed in the clubhouse, so they know everything that goes on in there. It doesn't take an inside job to get that information. All it takes is a press pass.

When a popular player is traded there is always at least one player who blasts management for the trade. There has not been one qoute from a player who opposed the trade.....oh wait, the team signed a petition its just that the media isn't printing it.

What amazes me is the inability of New England fans to see both sides of the debate and to move on. This thread has been a debate between those who say it was completely the fault of the Sox management/media vs those who say it is all Manny's doing. Each side is only partially correct.

Manny is one of the more colorful people to wear a Boston uniform. Blessed with enormous talent, he deserves our lasting gratitude for his contributions to our only two championships in the last 90 years. On the other hand, he's on the downside of his great career, he's been a clubhouse distraction, and we were only going to have him for two more months anyway.

That's why I'm pleased that Theo, under the pressure of the deadline, was able to deal him for a younger, faster, better fielder, comparable hitter (at this stage of Manny's career), and a less disruptive teammate. Plus Bay is signed through next season at 1/3 Manny's salary, freeing up $13 million for some bullpen help and other needs.

To both sides, I say: get over it. Thanks, Manny, and good luck in the future. Welcome, Jason, and go Sox!

What amazes me is the inability of New England fans to see both sides of the debate and to move on. This thread has been a debate between those who say it was completely the fault of the Sox management/media vs those who say it is all Manny's doing. Each side is only partially correct.

Manny is one of the more colorful people to wear a Boston uniform. Blessed with enormous talent, he deserves our lasting gratitude for his contributions to our only two championships in the last 90 years. On the other hand, he's on the downside of his great career, he's been a clubhouse distraction, and we were only going to have him for two more months anyway.

That's why I'm pleased that Theo, under the pressure of the deadline, was able to deal him for a younger, faster, better fielder, comparable hitter (at this stage of Manny's career), and a less disruptive teammate. Plus Bay is signed through next season at 1/3 Manny's salary, freeing up $13 million for some bullpen help and other needs.

To both sides, I say: get over it. Thanks, Manny, and good luck in the future. Welcome, Jason, and go Sox!

Hey now, that's dangerously close to rational and well thought out chief. Take it outside! ;)

Not a lot of people were arguing whether or not Manny should have been traded, the issue was whether or not this was a calculated move on the part of the Red Sox to get him out of town. Almost everyone was in agreement that the time had come for Manny to leave Boston, the question is who is to blame for it getting to that point.

I completely agree that neither side handled this perfectly, my only argument (as I have said) is that I find it very hard to believe that the Red Sox FO goes around to members of the media telling them to make a player look bad, especially when they are doing a pretty damn good job of it themselves.

Are you on crack?

Look up Manny's stats in the playoffs, in Sept/Oct, and in the 9th innings of his entire career. Not only is he clutch, he's probably the best right handed hitter of this entire generation.

And don't say another idiotic thing like he's lazy, he's one of the hardest working hitters in the entire league.

Sox fans can be downright moronic at times.

You're right he is one of the hardest working hitters, but is the laziest **** on the field when he doesn't think he can make it to first. I think is fielding ability is underrated but he doesn't do himself any favors when he dogs it, which is far to often.

Are you sure you want to look up his entire career? Maybe you should go look at some Cleveland stats? :confused:

He is one of the best of his generation. But he is anything but clutch! If you think he is clutch then you don't watch enough Sox games. And the season is more than just Sep/Oct, but only a moron would think otherwise! Please name his last walk off hit?

I don't get the defense of him. What does he have to do to prove to you that he isn't worth it? Especially now! His numbers aren't the numbers from 03-04.

I'll put more stock in his teammates point of views than yours!

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back