PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another point on Chad Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadJacksonFan

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
As of right now he is only 21 . Alot of players in college that red shirt are just sophmores now much less in the pros. He is still just a young kid with great upside give him time till next year.

As of right now he is only 21 . Alot of players in college that red shirt are just sophmores now much less in the pros. He is still just a young kid with great upside give him time till next year.

Jackson, Watson, Maroney, and Thomas will all be better next year, and as a result, so will the offense

Goddamit. I just want this CJ bull to end. I have been a supporter of him just because I am sick of hearing how much of a bust he is. Give him a damn chance when he gets some good playing time which may just be next year. But there really seem to be some people who have some kind of personal vendetta against him.

Jackson, Watson, Maroney, and Thomas will all be better next year, and as a result, so will the offense
Watson can be better as long as he learns the basics on how not to fumble.

your not a chad jackson fan are you??

Like CJ just a little watched him play since 7th grade. Plus we both are fellow Hoover Bucs.

I personally can't wait until Bethel Jackson shows us his blazing speed next year.

Like CJ just a little watched him play since 7th grade. Plus we both are fellow Hoover Bucs.

haha thats quite a long time, i lke the guy, but i hope he comes through, i think he will. i just had to comment cuz u had a jackson picture, name, and thread...:singing:

Can include Garrett Mills in that group also.

I'm telling you guys, Chad Jackson is going to be the tightest reciever EVER! He WILL establish himself as the #1 target in training camp and will tear up the league next year. Also, everytime Jackson was sent deep, he beat his man only to be victim of a underthrown, overthrown pass or not getting a pass interference call on Tillman I believe against the Bears. However, 2 of his 3 td catches were over 20 yards I believe. The man has talent, can go deep and has great hands. Yes, he is only 21! He WILL NOT end up like Bethel Johnson.

I'm telling you guys, Chad Jackson is going to be the tightest reciever EVER! He WILL establish himself as the #1 target in training camp and will tear up the league next year. Also, everytime Jackson was sent deep, he beat his man only to be victim of a underthrown, overthrown pass or not getting a pass interference call on Tillman I believe against the Bears. However, 2 of his 3 td catches were over 20 yards I believe. The man has talent, can go deep and has great hands. Yes, he is only 21! He WILL NOT end up like Bethel Johnson.

Co-sign all of this. Especially the part about being underthrown, CJ doubters won't admit it, and I'm the biggest Brady homer of them all, but Brady was not on target with any of those long balls to CJ. Typically he underthrew them/threw too late and as a result didn't give CJ a chance to separate at all. CJ was consistently beating the man off the LOS.

The one against the Bears where CJ "slowed down" was a result of Brady's ball sailing and not peaking & dropping, CJ only slowed down b/c had Brady thrown the ball the way he wanted to, it would've peaked and fell into CJ's arm for a 60 yard TD. Instead, the pass was flat and kept on sailing.

The point is, give CJ a chance, folks. And he's a lot more than just a deep threat.

Last edited:
That's only looking at one side of the equation. On the other side, Graham and Dillon may be gone and Troy will be another year older (or may also be gone).

You've got a point about being overthrown. He was definitley over thrown in the Bears game but people blamed CJ right away. He was running fast, had his hands and arms stretched out as far as they could go and the ball just barely grazed his finger tips. Not many people can just catch that with ease. I was listening to the radio during the game and Gil and Gino were blaming Chad for the incompletion. Looked like an overthrown ball cuz he had Jackson in stride a few feet in front of his defender.

I will agree with your assessment. However CJ has also got to put more effort into his attempts. I do not remember which game it was in Brady had overthrown him, but CJ could have caught it if he laid out for the ball. It was off of his fingertips. Not enough effort. At a different time that kid Thomas had the opportunity to catch a touch down when Graham was hurt, Thomas lay right out and caught it for the TD. If he did what CJ does he would never have made it. CJ needs more desire. Until I see more from CJ he is not even Bethel Johnson. He is Hart Lee Dykes. Now that was a Bust. I will wait until next year for a definitive answer. Until then it is HLD in waiting.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

I think it will be his 3rd year. Look at his colege stats. 3rd year he will explode

I think it will be his 3rd year. Look at his colege stats. 3rd year he will explode

Third year?? Third year?? I am afraid people around here will execute the poor kid long before then.

Co-sign all of this. Especially the part about being underthrown, CJ doubters won't admit it, and I'm the biggest Brady homer of them all, but Brady was not on target with any of those long balls to CJ. Typically he underthrew them/threw too late and as a result didn't give CJ a chance to separate at all. CJ was consistently beating the man off the LOS.

The one against the Bears where CJ "slowed down" was a result of Brady's ball sailing and not peaking & dropping, CJ only slowed down b/c had Brady thrown the ball the way he wanted to, it would've peaked and fell into CJ's arm for a 60 yard TD. Instead, the pass was flat and kept on sailing.

The point is, give CJ a chance, folks. And he's a lot more than just a deep threat.

If I as a fan can see how under thrown most of CJ's attempts were, Belichick can. Most of Brady's throws down the field were short this past season.

Personally, I don't think CJ has proven anything one way or the other. you can refer to his college film for an idea of what he has, but that ain't the same game as the NFL.

And to assume he had several balls overthrown may too be erroneous. If it was really just an instance of a few balls not being where they should, then I would think we would have seen more of him during the season. I couldn't say because I didn't see the plays live, only on TV. He may be getting off his routes late, or slowing up a half-step during the route and not compensating the ball flight correctly..etc. On those deep routes the ball is launched long before the place of reception and the receiver has alot of responsibility on playing to the ball.

But as I said, if his issues were really a result of errant passes, we would have seen ALOT more of CJ in the offensive mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results