PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another non-believer

Status
Not open for further replies.
PonyExpress said:
The McGinest and Big Ted acquisitions were overrated.
but if losing WMG is going to keep us out of the playoffs, should the addition of WMG y the Browns catapult them to the SB? You have to figure that the Browns, Titans and Colts will lead the AFC this year because the took the Patriots "core" players.

PonyExpress said:
Early take
Pats 13-3:dominant
Miami 8-8: tougher schedule, ? at QB
Jets 6-10: Blah
Buffalo 5-11: Double Blah

Baltimore (with McNair): 11-5- McNair the missing piece
Pittburgh 10-6: Roethleberger carries underperforming team
Cleveland 8-8: mildly improved
Cinci: 6-10: Palmer misses entire season

Jackson 11-5: takes charge
Indy 8-8: reverts to '01 form
Ten 6-10: Billy Volek...
Hou 4-12: Mario Williams OK, Carr still sucks

KC 11-5: Herm rides aging O-Line to 11 wins (see Jets circa '04)
Oak 10-6: surprise surprise
Den 9-7: Shanny busts a vein
SD 7-9: cry me a Rivers
I think the East is close to what I think...Fins maybe a bit stronger, but the Pats VERY strong. The North I think will be much closer all around. Cinci unless Palmer and other pcs fall apart will be a lot better than 6 wins...Cleve could be there or surprise. Balt might be in the mix, but closer to .500. Not sure about the Indy dip and the Jags taking over strong like that...I'd have them closer. I do see KC and Denver..and maybe Oak coming up stronger, but not close to playoffs. SD?? Yes their year to go down some. Not bad..I know all may change...but at this point....

The real irony is that these were the same geniuses who said the Pats could never win a SB because they didn't have any pro-bowl talent; no stars.

But now, when we start losing those "no-name" players, we cant possibly win because we wont have our stars... who, by their own assessment, were tier-2 talents and overachievers anyway.

When did McGinest stop being a disappointing early round pick, servicable but one who never quite fulfilled his potential? And in measurables alone Vinatieri was always a pretty mediocre kicker. Remember that BB drafted a kicker in 2001, to give Adam a run for his money. AV's mistique has developed in the past few years as the ESPN NFL marketing machine has started converting his snow kick into an emblamatic representation of a gutty three-time SB champion team. Propaganda aside, there are a lot of professional kickers who could have made those kicks, under the same circumstances. And some with better legs.

McGinest, Vinatieri and Givens were never as bad as the media thought. And aren't as good as the media thinks. For journalists who see everything in Black and White, Yes or No, Winner or Loser, the world is a very simple place.

Adam is going to be 34 this year. Willie 35.

I love the careers they had, but those saying things like a team will miss the playoffs because of these types moving on....................

Adam meant alot to this team. But, he was 4 for 8 from beyond 40 yards last year. He needed to go to a Domed Stadium team at this point in his career.

Hear me now, and listen to me later, the kicker from Memphis is going to be a STUD! I've been a supporter since before the draft.

Willie, is a tough loss. But, come on. It's not like they will not have a player play his position. TBC could do quite well, and is 9 years younger. My point is, this scenerio doesn't seem close to a "won't make the playoffs" situation.

What a bunch of morons!

That's the problem with media, especially TV. They think they have to yell all the time or no one will listen. Everything must be great or horrible, and none of it has to make sense, as long as it is loud.

We lost Milloy and now we can't win games. But did they say the Bills would win a lot more WITH Milloy? No.

Washington goes to Oakland. The Pats are now no good defensively but the Raiders aren't suddenly very good.

It will be even weirder with AV. There has been so much hype that he will have to be godlike or a totla bust. Nothing in the middle.

If he outkicks Gostknowski and Vanderjerk in games eith NE and Dallas, he will be superb. If, on the other hand, he misses kicks in those games, and Goskowski and Vanderjerk win the games with late FGs, AV will become a bust.

So stupid. But I can see it coming. Never mind overall stats for the year, or career. Those two games could totally control how the media sees AV from now on.

rookBoston said:
The real irony is that these were the same geniuses who said the Pats could never win a SB because they didn't have any pro-bowl talent; no stars.

But now, when we start losing those "no-name" players, we cant possibly win because we wont have our stars... who, by their own assessment, were tier-2 talents and overachievers anyway.

When did McGinest stop being a disappointing early round pick, servicable but one who never quite fulfilled his potential? And in measurables alone Vinatieri was always a pretty mediocre kicker. Remember that BB drafted a kicker in 2001, to give Adam a run for his money. AV's mistique has developed in the past few years as the ESPN NFL marketing machine has started converting his snow kick into an emblamatic representation of a gutty three-time SB champion team. Propaganda aside, there are a lot of professional kickers who could have made those kicks, under the same circumstances. And some with better legs.

McGinest, Vinatieri and Givens were never as bad as the media thought. And aren't as good as the media thinks. For journalists who see everything in Black and White, Yes or No, Winner or Loser, the world is a very simple place.

Last edited:
The only loss of real significance to the Pats is still Charlie Weis. McDaniels has yet to win his spurs in a big spot. I wish him the best...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes