PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another funny article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupidest thing I've ever read. Brady is an all-time great, who plays at another level. Matt Cassel is a solid young quarterback with a bright future who doesn't have nearly the same pocket presence, ability to read a defense, ball handling skills or decision making abilities that Brady does. It would be nice to keep Cassel around, but you don't bench and trade away Joe Montana for Dave Krieg, even if Krieg is 5 years younger. Cassel will improve, and may even eventually rival Brady in some of those categories, but he'll never be the total package Brady is. You just don't let all-time greats go until their prime is just about over, and Brady has a good 4-5 years left.

I don't think the Pats will/should do this for a second. But, I think we'd be naive to imagine that it isn't part of the calculations that Piolichick and the Krafts are making. And the article did get one thing right: "Belichick would rather see Brady in San Francisco than Cassel on the opposite sidelines in the Meadowlands." I think we can take that to the bank. So, they'll be trying to figure out how to trade him or do whatever they have to do to get him out of the AFC, let alone the Division.

I don't think the Pats will/should do this for a second. But, I think we'd be naive to imagine that it isn't part of the calculations that Piolichick and the Krafts are making. And the article did get one thing right: "Belichick would rather see Brady in San Francisco than Cassel on the opposite sidelines in the Meadowlands." I think we can take that to the bank. So, they'll be trying to figure out how to trade him or do whatever they have to do to get him out of the AFC, let alone the Division.

The more the Patriots win the more of a chance Brady will get traded.

The more the Patriots win the more of a chance Brady will get traded.

Um... No. Even if Cassel managed to lead the Patriots to a SB victory, Brady still isn't going anywhere. You don't trade one of the best in history.

thats such a stupid statement in my personal opinion from the author.BB knows what he has with cassel and what he hasnt.He isnt scared that cassel will put the jets in the SB.
Also , this is just a hunch, cassel will get a better deal elsewhere because jets drafted ratcliff already and have clemens + cassel also seems like a good guy who has loyalty to a team which gave him a chance to play having never played in college. Of course business is business but its just my opinion.
Here in the bay area they are already talking cassel to the 49ers. i bet the 49ers or the tampa bay bucs.

Last edited:
I thought it was agreed to put all trade brady posts in the official trade brady thread?

I don't understand why people keep bringing up the "forever damaged" knee. He's a pocket QB. Even if his knee is never 100%, it doesnt matter. He'll be able to move fast enough in the pocket. Even though i've been defending Cassel since preseason, I would never consider this trade, EVER.

"oh no!!!! forever damaged!!!we gotta get rid of Brady!!not good!!damaged!!!all our players have to be in perfect health with no damage or else...GET RID OF THEM!!!Even if they set NFL records that will last for decades...damaged!!!!!!! I'm so scared they'll keep the damaged Brady!!!

wow,kid...take up badminton or something...jeezus

edit, wrong thread

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back