PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Annnnd the worst QB remaining in the playoffs is....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, and in the 11 Super Bowl he drained clock and threw a catchable pass to end that one. Both games the D choked it away or manning was flawless in his throws.

3 defensive stands away from more than likely having 6 SB rings.

Tom would have gladly obliged had the line held up their end of the bargain. Of course, Samuel had nothing to do with sealing the victory. Lots of blame to go around. Brady's BIGGEST mistake? His stupid rely to Burress' comment.

Tom was missing open receivers and was barely able to move in the pocket. The TEs were banged up, and they sucked for a good part of that season anyway. The line wasn't the only problem on offense that day. If you're looking to weight blame to one side of the ball or the other:

Blame the defense for 2011
Blame the offense for 2007

Tom was missing open receivers and was barely able to move in the pocket. The TEs were banged up, and they sucked for a good part of that season anyway. The line wasn't the only problem on offense that day. If you're looking to weight blame to one side of the ball or the other:

Excuse me - but I was NOT looking to place blame ANYWHERE. I tried to deflect it from Tom, not by placing it elsewhere, but by pointing out other areas that lacked. Interpret it as you like, but do not twist my stance to support yours.

I don't blame the offense at all in 07. They did enough to win. All they needed was to keep the NYG out of the EZ on the last drive of the game.

I don't blame the offense at all in 07. They did enough to win. All they needed was to keep the NYG out of the EZ on the last drive of the game.

They scored 14 points.

Prior to that game, their season low had been 20 points.

Go look up how many teams have won a Super Bowl with 14 or fewer points.

Excuse me - but I was NOT looking to place blame ANYWHERE. I tried to deflect it from Tom, not by placing it elsewhere, but by pointing out other areas that lacked. Interpret it as you like, but do not twist my stance to support yours.

I wasn't twisting anything. Go back and read my post again. Also, you're the one who said there was lots of blame to go around. I wasn't disagreeing with you on that, and I pointed out some areas that hadn't been mentioned, since you had singled out the line on offense.

Up until 2013, the 2007 Patriots was the most prolific offense in NFL history.

If they execute on 3/5th of their season average they win the game.

If they kick the FG and not go for it on 4th & whatever the game is tied.

The defense faltered when it mattered most but the offense failed.

We need to flood Tom Brady's email, car, house, etc with this article for him to see it!!

They scored 14 points.

Prior to that game, their season low had been 20 points.

Go look up how many teams have won a Super Bowl with 14 or fewer points.

Yeah, so? We won with 13 this year. We were ahead at that point weren't we after we scored.

Example: What if we scored to make it 35 and the giants had 31 with the same amount of time left. The defense would still have to keep them out of the EZ. We took the lead to win, and the defense still had to hold, whether we had 35 or 14 points

Deus, it doesn't matter how many points you have. When you take the lead with 120 seconds left, the defense has to hold them. They didn't. Defense cost us that game also. Offense did its job to give us the lead. And we only needed to keep the out of the EZ to win.

Up until 2013, the 2007 Patriots was the most prolific offense in NFL history.

If they execute on 3/5th of their season average they win the game.

If they kick the FG and not go for it on 4th & whatever the game is tied.

The defense faltered when it mattered most but the offense failed.

The offense did fail to score the amount of points used, but they went on the last drive and gave us the lead by 4. We had to keep them out of the EZ. the defense didn't and folded.

Intentional grounding in the endzone, automatic safety and kick the ball away.

I love the Patriots, I even put my money where my mouth is, but you guys are just blinded by your bias. The Patriots offense this season is the worst its been in a while and that reflects on Brady. Every team has EXCUSES for why things have not been great, so I don't buy into using them for Brady.

Now, does that mean Brady won't step it up in the playoffs? Of course not. Brady could come in and be rock solid on Saturday, an MVP type performance would not shock me in the least. However, I would also not be shocked if he came in and had 55% completion rate, no TDs and an interception, with 3 sacks.

I have no idea what to expect and the reason for that is this has been a very un-Brady like year, and Brady certainly has not done much in the playoffs recently, sans Texans last year.

I suppose you play fantasy football?

14 completions -21 attempts -207 passing yards -2 TDs -0 INTS
Bradys 2004 AFCC stats vs Pittsburgh. NE won.

The week before vs Indy.
18 completions -27 attempts -144 passing yards :eek: -1 TD -0 INTS Oh, and 3 sacks. NE won.

I dont want a St Louis Rams fantasy football team anymore. That strategy has gotten NE nothing but Super Bowl defeat. Give me a balanced offense like NE has now and a decent defense with a pass defense that can make a play when needed.

Yeah, so? We won with 13 this year. We were ahead at that point weren't we after we scored.

Example: What if we scored to make it 35 and the giants had 31 with the same amount of time left. The defense would still have to keep them out of the EZ. We took the lead to win, and the defense still had to hold, whether we had 35 or 14 points

Deus, it doesn't matter how many points you have. When you take the lead with 120 seconds left, the defense has to hold them. They didn't. Defense cost us that game also. Offense did its job to give us the lead. And we only needed to keep the out of the EZ to win.

Please tell me you are just trolling with this nonsense. Please tell me that you understand that only opnce in Super Bowl history has a team won the Super Bowl with just 14 points, and that you cannot expect 14 points to be enough to win the Super Bowl. Please tell me that, since the highest scoring offense in the history of the NFL failed to score more than 14 points, a full 6 points lower than they had scored at any time in that season, you realize that the biggest problem was the offense.

Please tell me that you understand that.

Non-homer analysis

1. Brady = Poised, but can be pressured and is immobile except within the pocket. Not prone to poor decisions or responding poorly to game pressure. Led his team to 12-4 with a good O-line but with a cast of nobodies as weapons (Julian Edelman a 100 catch, 1000 yard #1 receiver?). He had a remarkable turnaround in productivity from the first half of the season to the 2nd as he adjusted to a new corp of receivers and tight ends. Seems to be weatherproof in his passing performances, at least moreso than most. The burden of carrying the team may wear on him if facing a stellar defense, particular one with an interior pass rush. Can lead any comeback.

2. Manning = He has so many more weapons than Brady, and the ability to pass it to them provided that gametime conditions are not too adverse. Cold and (especially) wind are a problem because he does not throw a tight spiral. Can lead any comeback and create a shootout vs. even good defenses. Tends to force passes much more often than Brady and his defense seems prone to collapse, making him carry the weight to win shootout games played in the 40s. Would be further down with a lesser arsenal of receivers.

3. Luck = Scary talented, with mobility well ahead of both 1A and 1B, and also better arm strength (albeit with lesser accuracy). Seems unflappable so far. Largely untested in playoff settings, though (not his fault). Can be erratic and even error-prone at times, mostly due to a subpar O-line that forces him to make decisions much more quickly than is desirable, without the time to wait on receivers to find soft spots or make a second move. The O-line play makes him more prone to sacks and blitzes than most other playoff QBs, even though he moves amazingly well.

4. Brees = On his home field he would clearly be 1C or at worst 3, rather than 4. He can put up good stats on the road but the W/L column does not follow and the turnovers can also mount. Surrounded by capable weapons, a good line, and has an amazing coach and smart play-calling. Can get incredibly hot and pick apart a defense with amazing accuracy, but can also get flustered into making errors and throwing it up for grabs when he should instead take a sack. When hot, he can throw virtually in-defensible passes into the tightest of tight spots better than anyone. Small and can get passes knocked down more than most.

5A. Rivers = He’s as talented as any QB but is more erratic, more Favre-like than Brady-like. Takes more chances than most and seems to want to be “the guy” and carry the team even if he doesn’t have to, because he has a good running game and solid D. Can be lethal if he gets up on you in a game because as a frontrunner his rah-rah personality is an asset. When things are going bad, though, that same personality shows itself as pouty and immature. He is much less likely to lead a significant late comeback than are QBs 1-4.

5B. Wilson = A younger Brees plus athleticism, though not as accurate and even smaller in stature, probably 5’10”. He can have on and off days, maybe due to an inconsistent release point. He has the luxury to play conservatively because he rarely has to carry a team. His defense does that regularly, and so does his beastly running back. Good scrambler and improviser. Too young to know how playoff pressure will affect him, but his personality type suggests poise under pressure.

(I would put the biggest gap here)

7. Newton = He can throw like Brady on some days and throw like Jamarcus Russell on other days (though not as often). On the Brady-like days he can seem unbeatable because he runs well too and is about as hard to sack as Big Ben (very strong). He can be error-prone, indecisive, and get flustered, though. He's very unlikely to be poised enough to overcome any large deficit. He is supported by a very good defense and O-line that theoretically can allow him to not take many risks, but he seems to not understand that just yet.

8. Kaepernick = He’s the hardest to get a good read on. Sometimes he looks like a superb pocket QB and would be at worst #5C on this list if he learned to do that even most of the time. He has the arm strength but can misread defenses. Sometimes he seems lost in the pocket despite having arguably the best offensive line there is in the game today in front of him. He too often depends on making spectacular runs on his own, though it can be a great bailout because he can rip off even a 50 yard run. He’s also too young to know exactly how playoff pressure will affect him, but last year and last week he seemed mostly undaunted. Like Wilson, he has the luxury of not having to really carry the load. He has clearly done less with more this year, with the team earning a 5th seed despite having an amazing O-line, a stifling defense, an above average array of offensive weapons that includes a punishing running game, and very good coaching. They did win 12 games, but the team is even more talented than that and his inconsistency showed in the 4 losses. Brady or Manning would have made a run at 16-0 with talent like that.

Really well thought out analysis enjoyed reading it, thanks man

Regardless of the reasons, it still is a drop off.

You said he threw to many TD's, he threw 1 more than Manning. 11 INT's throwing to that group is actually quite exceptional. Not sure I can take you serious...

Please tell me you are just trolling with this nonsense. Please tell me that when the highest scoring offense in the history of the NFL failed to score more than 14 points, a full 6 points lower than they had scored at any time in that season, you realized that the problem was the offense.

Please tell me that you understand that.

NO - the OL was vulnerable ALL SEASON (post-season included) at stopping the rush UP THE MIDDLE. We were SO bad at it - it became the MANTRA!!!! (For years to come). It is all Tom's fault that the FINAL score was too low for you. WE WERE STILL IN THE GAME THE ENTIRE TIME. In fact, TOM WAS ON THE FIELD FOR THE FINAL PATRIOTS POSSESSION AND HE LED THEM TO A TD THAT PUT THEM -- AHEAD!!!!!!! --- SORRY THE QB DID NOT DO ENOUGH FOR SOME.

I HATE that SB and I remember it well - I had to take a plunge into a 35-degree pool in the middle of the freezing desert. Tom ROCKED - the D - not so much - the OL was PATHETIC - I had lots of blame to spread, but Tom was the ONLY bright spot. Why? Not b/c he could not do crap all game, but WHEN IT MATTERED MOST TOM ENGINEERED A DRIVE THAT MANNING COULD NEVER DUPLICATE AND PUT HIS TEAM UP. Tom did not touch the ball again all game.

Nobody made excuses for Brady when he lost the SB to NYG in 2007, so why should we make excuses for Brees and Manning who have done far less and came up far shorter.

I always call Rivers underrated, but no rings, the rest haven't done jack ****.

Like I said, any excuse for anyone is a joke because no one supported Brady after he 'choked' the 18-1 season, underestimate us and I will laugh when Boston goes 2-1 save a Bruins choke this year in title matchups. :cool:

Can't even talk this game without hearing or reading spygate, boo hoo dude, I could care less about any other team and their biased fans.

Brady lost 2 SB's, but thats no big deal. The NFL is not soccer,lol. Brady started on a team with BB, and manning with the Colts. Brees started on a far less talented team and coach. Later went to Saints after horrid injury, and beat Manning fairly in a SuperBowl. Chances are if the cold didnt stop the Saints in 2006, Brees probably would have beaten Manning in his SuperBowl win in a Dome.
What Im saying is these are completely different circumstances.
Brees has put up monster #'s for 7 years with the right coach and weapons. While living with the worst defenses of the the 3.
Brady has had ok weapons, great OL's, and decent if not talented defenses. Manning has probably had the the best advantage of the 3.

Brady is the best QB in the game, and most in NO, even though we love Brees, would pick Brady, but their are differences in each ones historys and where they were lucky to be placed. Agree with what you said, just pointing things out I dont see alot.

Agree with this, but if we have to rehash this painful memory we should remember that it is likely that part of the explanation for Brady's sub-par performance in the 2008 Super Bowl was his ankle injury. Sorry guys in advance if I screw up the link below, I haven't posted a link before :rolleyes:

New York Times 1-29-2008

Agree with this, but if we have to rehash this painful memory we should remember that it is likely that part of the explanation for Brady's sub-par performance in the 2008 Super Bowl was his ankle injury. Sorry guys in advance if I screw up the link below, I haven't posted a link before :rolleyes:

New York Times 1-29-2008

Yeah, I'd already acknowledged his injury:

You think asking him to put up more than 14 points is asking too much? I know he was hurt and limited (I'm making 'excuses' for him, see?), but to say that we CANNOT ask for more seems to run counter to facts like the team not scoring fewer than 20 points in any other game that season. Had they merely tied their previous season low, they'd have won the game by a field goal.

but it's good to point it out again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore