PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Annnnd the worst QB remaining in the playoffs is....

Status
Not open for further replies.
For one this is a Patriots forum we love T Brady. Two, if not even us can defend Brady and these stupid articles disregarding his body of work who else would? Brady is 17-7 in the playoffs and the only Qb with 100wins more than losses yet the media and almost every opposing fan continually bash Brady and worship a guy who is 9-11 in the playoffs and two young QBs who haven't done enough to be viewed as the better playoff QB.

Why defend anything? Brady's record speaks for itself. I am looking forward to a competitive game on Saturday, but I would not be in the least bit surprised if any of those listed QBs out-performed Brady.

Who is bashing Brady anyhow? Besides, the author is talking about this year, not a body of work.

Sure, I disagree with the arm strength, pocket presence, and intangibles rankings, but again, I would not be shocked if any of those QBs outplayed Brady.

Brady has been inaccurate this year, has taken too many sacks, has been called for too many intentional grounding penalties. and thrown too many interceptions.

Those are the facts.

You don't seem to understand what "facts" means.

Who is bashing Brady anyhow? Besides, the author is talking about this year, not a body of work.

If ranking him no better than 5th in any aspect of playing QB isn't bashing, I can't imagine what would be.

The author was after shock value, clearly. And in no way can he be talking about this year, unless he's limiting himself to the 1st half of this year.

The most rabid Brady haters I've ever met, when push came to shove, would rather have Tom than anybody on that list except Manning and maybe Brees, and Brees only if he were at home in the dome. A delusional Colts fan or two may say Luck, but even most Colts fans would not, at least right now anyway.

Brady has been inaccurate this year, has taken too many sacks, has been called for too many intentional grounding penalties. and thrown too many interceptions.

Those are the facts.

Just a followup on this, because it's such a lousy post that it really deserves the attention:

According to Pro-Football-Reference.com, Tom Brady is #2, all time, in best INT%, behind only Aaron Rodgers. His career INT% is 2.0%.

This year, Tom Brady's INT% was 1.8%, which is lower than his (2nd best ever) career average, and was 7th in the NFL. The 6 QBs above him were:

McCown (didn't make playoffs)
Foles (out of playoffs)
A. Smith (out of playoffs)
Manning (still in playoffs)
Bradford (didn't make playoffs)
Luck (still in playoffs)

So, even if you blame Bready for the interceptions that were clearly the fault of his receivers, only 2 QBs still in the playoffs took better care of the ball than Brady.

As for his accuracy, Brady completed 65% of his passes in the second half of the season, even with continued roster turnover.

even his rankings are ass

brady still has one of the best releases and accuracy on his short passes....no one in the league hits those short to medium outs like he does

his intangibles are unmatched......if he isn't #1 in that category, well....

and his movement in the pocket/pocket presence is much higher than this clown ranks him

it is a bad concept to begin with.....but at least have a clue

yep, its one thing to come up with some arbitrary point system to determine who the best QB remaining is but its another to do so and then fail to accurately apply those points to the QB's. The author just doesn't seem to know enough about the QB position to be rating them either that or he doesn't understand what he's watching. Brady moves around in the pocket as well as if not better than (probably the latter) Brees/Manning. Intangibles are unmatched and this isn't even really up for discussion, even if he didn't use any sort of body of work, brady's ability to not be on the same page as his receivers for the better part of a game and then go ahead and run the 2 minute drill with perfection the way he has done this season should rule out anybody being better than him in that category and his short-Intermediate accuracy is better than anybodies in football. Nobody puts the ball in the a spot where only the receiver can get it better and if you ask nfl defenders they'd agree. Long story short, the writer is kind of an idiot and its not because he has an unfavorable opinion but because his methods are flawed. I can probably find some sort of metric that states that Julian Edleman is the best receiver in football but anybody who watches the game with a basic understanding knows that its untrue.

Okay, in my opinion.

As I pointed out in a follow up post, at least some of the actual statistical data seems to run counter to your "fact"/opinion....

His incompletion rate was higher - do you think that has anything to do with the wonderful protection Brady has received this year? I do not have the stats, but I bet this season ranks as one of his highest for throwaways.

I would be REALLY excited if this guy mattered - Brady seems to do quite well when the pundits count him out.

...Tom Brady

:bricks::rofl2:

[censored]

Sorry if this has already been posted elsewhere!

You are a sucker. Same thing for everyone who clicked. Seriously, obvious click troll and you fell for it.

Think about it. Who is the author? What do we know him for?

Don't know him? Never heard of him? Gee, he's trying to make a name for himself and you helped.

Negative comment or not it is a comment. A view for laughing at the unintentional comedy is still a view.

Edit: For those insulted at being called a sucker, well good, sort of. I was a sucker for Pete Prisco when he was unknown. I learned. If you are upset with me but reflect without a few years helping out a guy being a turd on purpose, you're welcome.

You guys are happy to make excuses for Brady and refuse to do the same for the other QBs.

Nobody made excuses for Brady when he lost the SB to NYG in 2007, so why should we make excuses for Brees and Manning who have done far less and came up far shorter.

I always call Rivers underrated, but no rings, the rest haven't done jack ****.

Like I said, any excuse for anyone is a joke because no one supported Brady after he 'choked' the 18-1 season, underestimate us and I will laugh when Boston goes 2-1 save a Bruins choke this year in title matchups. :cool:

Can't even talk this game without hearing or reading spygate, boo hoo dude, I could care less about any other team and their biased fans.

If I was writing an article like this I would take a totally different approach. In the post-season stats do not matter - so they have no affect on my decision. I like to come at these type of questions from the angle of, "who would I want most as my QB if I HAD to win a post-season game?". This works for modern-day and all-time and it takes ALL factors into account (so long as that player is not a rookie). The way I see it, there is only ONE on this list that would even enter the all-time debate.

Nobody made excuses for Brady when he lost the SB to NYG in 2007

Why should anyone make excuses for Brady in the '07 SB? What did Brady do to cost us that game?

Why should anyone make excuses for Brady in the '07 SB? What did Brady do to cost us that game?

Didn't, gave us the lead with a little over 2 minutes To go in the game.

Didn't, gave us the lead with a little over 2 minutes To go in the game.

EXACTLY - last time he touched the ball he turned it into 6. CANNOT ask for more.

EXACTLY - last time he touched the ball he turned it into 6. CANNOT ask for more.

Yeah, and in the 11 Super Bowl he drained clock and threw a catchable pass to end that one. Both games the D choked it away or manning was flawless in his throws.

That whole thing is messed up. You wait Brady is going to come out fired up and we all know what happens from there.

You think asking him to put up more than 14 points is asking too much? I know he was hurt and limited (I'm making 'excuses' for him, see?), but to say that we CANNOT ask for more seems to run counter to facts like the team not scoring fewer than 20 points in any other game that season. Had they merely tied their previous season low, they'd have won the game by a field goal.

You think asking him to put up more than 14 points is asking too much? I know he was hurt and limited (I'm making 'excuses' for him, see?), but to say that we CANNOT ask for more seems to run counter to facts like the team not scoring fewer than 20 points in any other game that season. Had they merely tied their previous season low, they'd have won the game by a field goal.

Tom would have gladly obliged had the line held up their end of the bargain. Of course, Samuel had nothing to do with sealing the victory. Lots of blame to go around. Brady's BIGGEST mistake? His stupid rely to Burress' comment.

And by the way -SCORED 6 LAST TIME HE TOUCHED THE BALL HOW CAN YOU ASK FOR MORE - should he have scored 8 on that final play? That was the basis for my "asking for more" comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes