PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andrew Luck a bust!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They would be a bottom dweller without Luck no matter which division they were in.

The division argument is also shown to be weak, at best, when you consider the recent quality of the

AFCW
NFCE
NFCS

The division argument is also shown to be weak, at best, when you consider the recent quality of the

AFCW
NFCE
NFCS

That and only the Pats, Ravens, Niners and Hawks have more playoff wins than the Colts since Luck took over. Probably just coincidence.

Based on performance Andrew Luck is basically Eli Manning without the rings.

Average, among 32 starting NFL QBs, would be about 16th best. Can you please list for us the 15 QBs you would rather have, assuming everyone is healthy, for your starting QB for the opening game of the 2016 season?

I despise the Colts with the intensity of a thousand burning suns, but to call Luck "average" among all current NFL QBs, for a career, is pretty darn silly. Yes, he was awful this year (and I loved it!). Average is a guy like Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Thank you for the respectful response to my post. those are hard to find in this thread. Apparently I touched a nerve with some of the Luck supporters.

Here's a list of 15 QBs that I can make a case for as better than Luck, in alphabetical order.

Brady
Brees
Dalton
Flacco
Manning
Manning
Mariota
Newton
Palmer
Rivers
Rodgers
Roethlisberger
Romo
Wilson
Winston

I was going to list Hasselbeck too since he took the same team that Luck played with and had a better record with them, but I decided against it.

Luck may indeed become a VG QB. But he's thrown lotsa INTs. Some of them were ugly in big spots.

As to "average"... I don't think you can argue that an average QB in 2016 is 16th best. An average QB, when you consider at least several seasons, is more accurate because some of the QB play this year has just been putrid. There are other seasons Luck would easily be in the teens - perhaps even 16th.

It's still early, but I don't think Luck will be the sure HoFer some media members referred to him as.

Judging by the reactions here he has a couple of votes on Patsfans.com. Pretty surprising considering how awful he has looked against the Pats.

And, as far as the division argument, we used to hear that same nonsense about Brady.

We used to hear that argument about the AFCE but it wasn't as true as it is in the case of the AFCS.

He is downright horrible, he can't do anything without talent, he makes bad decisions and he has no leadership skills, I consider him a bust. Only reason he has a decent record is because he currently plays in one of worst divisions in the NFL.

I hate the Colts, I viciously hate Irsay and no he's not a bust. I'm not sure why you're even bringing this up now

That and only the Pats, Ravens, Niners and Hawks have more playoff wins than the Colts since Luck took over. Probably just coincidence.

Not a coincidence at all when you consider the fact that the 3 teams they needed to beat out to make the playoffs had a combined record of 47-97 his first 3 years, including a 4-20 record vs Indy.

Yup, indy has owned their division. I like how you use that as a negative. Kind of like how some people use the fact that Brady is 4-2 in Super Bowls as a knock versus Montana who only made it to 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST