PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andrew Luck a bust!

Status
Not open for further replies.
fishing-boat-trolling.jpg

don't you mean: ;)

demersal-trawl-1024x608.jpg

He is downright horrible, he can't do anything without talent, he makes bad decisions and he has no leadership skills, I consider him a bust. Only reason he has a decent record is because he currently plays in one of worst divisions in the NFL.

I wouldn't call him a bust, but he definitely isn't the elite QB he's been labeled to be from the start. His numbers are pretty average.

The average QB throws for well over 4000 yards in two of his first three seasons, and has over 80 TDs in that time period?

This average QB did. His completion % is nothing to write home about (under 60%) and his latest season, his third, when NFL teams sometimes catch up to QBs, was a definite bust until he got injured. I'm going to wait before I start preparing for his HOF induction.

This average QB did. His completion % is nothing to write home about (under 60%) and his latest season, his third, when NFL teams sometimes catch up to QBs, was a definite bust until he got injured. I'm going to wait before I start preparing for his HOF induction.

Last year, for example, Luck completed 61.7 percent of his passes, and had a 40/16 TD/INT split with a 2.6% INT rate to go along with a 96.5 QB rating, while being 5th in the league in yards per completion.

Also...

#1 in TDs
#3 in passing yards
#7 in passer rating
#7 in yards per pass attempt
#6 in net yards per pass attempt

That's considerably better than "average".

Last edited:
He needs to get the hell out of Indy to be honest.

Go to a team that knows what they are doing cause even though he might not be a HOFer when all is said and done he has talent that is untapped and not getting much help with the guys around him.

I wouldn't call him a bust, but he definitely isn't the elite QB he's been labeled to be from the start. His numbers are pretty average.

You have an interesting definition of average. He's carried a garbage team to an 11-5 record and three straight playoff appearances. Gone to three straight pro bowls. Led the league in TD passes. All this while throwing to a subpar receiving corps and a revolving door of horrible RBs, running behind a crappy offensive line.

The guy is, without question, on HoF trajectory. In the end its going to come down to Luck and Wilson as the top QBs from this generation. Outside shot to Newton and Dalton. Major dark horse, Cousins.

People were touting him as a preseason league MVP candidate. That is going as far overboard as the thread starter has gone in the opposite direction.

He's not the greatest QB to come around in a generation.
He's also not the biggest bust ever.
He's in that larger middle ground, with a lot of work to be done to prove that he's even a top 5-10 QB. He seems to have that sort of talent and then some, but he's got to prove it.

What palm beach said. Almost everyone had him as mvp and his team the Super Bowl favorite. He was the qb to build your team around. I would not call him a bust but I would not call him great either.

I wish people would stop treating football statistic like they are baseball statistics.

Is he a top 3 QB in the league? Nope. But he is very good. And yeah, he's overrated by the media that placed him in the top of the league as soon as he was drafted. But that doesn't make him better or worse. If he's a bust, then I would be glad to have a bust QB after Brady has retired.

I've been calling this boy a bust since draft day, so far he has lived up to my expectations. People keep bringing up his stats, but who cares about 4,000 yards? This bust has benefitted from new rules designed to glamorize the QB position, the pitiful AFC south, and crap defenses outside of his division. I have never seen him show up against a good team. Media and brainwashed fans give Dalton a hard time because "he can't beat good teams" or "he can't win in the playoffs," yet the scrub down in Indy gets a pass. Having a QB for a daddy is something ain't it? See the PEDton excuses and lies.

Stafford stats are great too, and he sucks. I'm sure no-one would argue against that, but then again excuses are made for every day for Andrew Luck. It must be nice.

Puppies need human interaction by a certain age and rookie QB's need
an offensive line by a certain time or they get all screwed up.

Just saying

Andrew Luck is really overrated, but he is clearly not a bust. I think people annointed him as elite just because of his predraft hype. He is a top 5, maybe top 7 QB. I would take Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, and Wilson (at least how he was playing over the second half of the season) over him. Maybe Carson Palmer if he can show he can stay healthy. Possibly Cam Newton (as a total package, not just a passer).

People were touting him as a preseason league MVP candidate. That is going as far overboard as the thread starter has gone in the opposite direction.

He's in that larger middle ground, with a lot of work to be done to prove that he's even a top 5-10 QB. He seems to have that sort of talent and then some, but he's got to prove it.

WTF have you been watching? Luck carried that team on his back for three years. Coming right out of the gate as a rookie. You put any other rookie QB in that position and they'd **** their pants and be benched by the end of the season.

The guy got better each of his first three year, led the NFL in TDs and brought his team to the AFC championship last year. His trajectory made him an obvious pre-season MVP choice. Again. WTF have you been watching?

Exactly, and that was all that I said from the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST