PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andrew Luck a bust!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year, for example, Luck completed 61.7 percent of his passes, and had a 40/16 TD/INT split with a 2.6% INT rate to go along with a 96.5 QB rating, while being 5th in the league in yards per completion.

Also...

#1 in TDs
#3 in passing yards
#7 in passer rating
#7 in yards per pass attempt
#6 in net yards per pass attempt

That's considerably better than "average".

I love it the way some people use selected stats to support their agenda while ignoring the big picture. Using one season and hand picking stats that are based on pass ATTEMPTS is what I like to call Santo & Johnny syndrome. Sure, they had a great album once but that hasn't put them in the R&R HOF.

But since you want to play that game, rather than listing the total numbers let's look at his CAREER averages or %'s compared to active QB's. Here goes;

Yards Per Attempt...
Ryan Nassib _ 12.8
Landry Jones _ 9.3
Logan Thomas _ 9
Tony Romo _ 7.9
Scott Tolzien _ 7.9
Philip Rivers _ 7.8
Tyrod Taylor _ 7.8
Kirk Cousins _ 7.6
Robert Griffin _ 7.6
Marcus Mariota _ 7.6
Matt Schaub _ 7.6
Jameis Winston _ 7.6
Drew Brees _ 7.5
Kellen Moore _ 7.5
Tom Brady _ 7.4
Colin Kaepernick _ 7.4
Teddy Bridgewater _ 7.2
Jay Cutler _ 7.2
Andy Dalton _ 7.2
Nick Foles _ 7.2
Brian Hoyer _ 7.2
A.J. McCarron _ 7.2
Matt Ryan _ 7.2
Matt Flynn _ 7.1
Eli Manning _ 7.1
Alex Tanney _ 7.1
Joe Flacco _ 7
Andrew Luck _ 7
Matt Moore _ 7
Brock Osweiler _ 7
Matthew Stafford _ 7
Michael Vick _ 7

Luck and Brock Osweiler will probably go into the NFL HOF around the same time

He is downright horrible, he can't do anything without talent, he makes bad decisions and he has no leadership skills, I consider him a bust. Only reason he has a decent record is because he currently plays in one of worst divisions in the NFL.

Despite all the dopes that disagree with you, he certainly hasn't shown any signs of being great. He continuously makes poor decisions

This is one of my favorites. Don't hurt your neck going down that list to Luck's career number...

Completion %
A.J. McCarron _ 0.664
Drew Brees _ 0.664
Aaron Rodgers _ 0.658
Peyton Manning _ 0.655
Tony Romo _ 0.653
Kirk Cousins _ 0.652
Chase Daniel _ 0.649
Philip Rivers _ 0.648
Teddy Bridgewater _ 0.648
Russell Wilson _ 0.647
Jimmy Garoppolo _ 0.645
Matt Ryan _ 0.643
Matt Schaub _ 0.64
Robert Griffin _ 0.639
Tom Brady _ 0.635
Ben Roethlisberger _ 0.633
Tyrod Taylor _ 0.629
Carson Palmer _ 0.627
Austin Davis _ 0.624
Andy Dalton _ 0.623
Marcus Mariota _ 0.622
Jay Cutler _ 0.62
Shaun Hill _ 0.62
Ryan Tannehill _ 0.619
Scott Tolzien _ 0.615
Matt Flynn _ 0.613
Brock Osweiler _ 0.613
Joe Flacco _ 0.609
Matthew Stafford _ 0.609
Thad Lewis _ 0.608
Luke McCown _ 0.607
Matt Hasselbeck _ 0.605
Colt McCoy _ 0.603
Zach Mettenberger _ 0.603
Nick Foles _ 0.602
Sam Bradford _ 0.601
Ryan Fitzpatrick _ 0.601
Matt Barkley _ 0.6
Colin Kaepernick _ 0.599
Tarvaris Jackson _ 0.596
Derek Carr _ 0.596
Cam Newton _ 0.595
Alex Smith _ 0.595
Josh McCown _ 0.595
Eli Manning _ 0.593
Chad Henne _ 0.593
E.J. Manuel _ 0.591
Matt Moore _ 0.589
Matt Cassel _ 0.589
Mike Glennon _ 0.588
Blake Bortles _ 0.587
Kellen Moore _ 0.587
Matt McGloin _ 0.584
Jameis Winston _ 0.583
Dan Orlovsky _ 0.582
Landry Jones _ 0.582
T.J. Yates _ 0.581
Andrew Luck _ 0.581
Brian Hoyer _ 0.581

The funny thing is I didn't even have to get into the puke teams he gets to play each year or the fact that he gets to play most of his games in ideal conditions (just like PEDton). His putrid completion % is enough all on it's own.

Last edited:
Can't wait for the Like Keuchly sucks thread.

Can't wait for the Like Keuchly sucks thread.

Since you brought it up, I think I could make an argument that Luke is better at his position than Luck is at his.

Since you brought it up, I think I could make an argument that Luke is better at his position than Luck is at his.

And i, think I can make a very, good argument that Keuchly is with a better team, coach, and organization than Luck is. Luck is the only thing that's right with that sh.t franchise in Methville.

He is downright horrible, he can't do anything without talent, he makes bad decisions and he has no leadership skills, I consider him a bust. Only reason he has a decent record is because he currently plays in one of worst divisions in the NFL.

your presence lowers the entire forum's average IQ by about 10%

If you measure a QB by whether he "wins," he led his team to 11 wins and the playoffs in each of his first three seasons. His Pass Rating (an admittedly questionable metric) increased each year. He's 3--3 in the Playoffs (including in the infamous AFCCG last year), where he's thrown more picks than TD's. He was hurt this year but had a couple of 300 yard games before he finally went down.

So, that's not a "bust" by any measure, but it's also not a ticket to Canton. He could probably benefit from a lot better coaching; people forget that a young Peyton Manning had Bruce Arians working with him.
Yeah, I wouldn't call him a bust. At the same time, someone who came into the league as the anointed Chosen One ought to be further along than he is at this point, and the fact is, Bill has made an idiot out of him every time he's faced him.

WTF have you been watching? Luck carried that team on his back for three years. Coming right out of the gate as a rookie. You put any other rookie QB in that position and they'd **** their pants and be benched by the end of the season.

The guy got better each of his first three year, led the NFL in TDs and brought his team to the AFC championship last year. His trajectory made him an obvious pre-season MVP choice. Again. WTF have you been watching?

Brought them to the AFC championship /game/ last year. Where he went 12 for 33 for 126yds and 2 picks.

That's what I've been watching. His career completion percentage is 58 percent. He's thrown 87 picks. At the same time in his career (as a starter) Brady had thrown 52. In a time when it was harder to put up guady passing stats and teams were actually allowed to defend the pass. Brady has also /never/ had a season where he was below 60 pct completion percentage.

Although I don't go as far as the OP on Luck, I think many of you go the other way. I think two big things goes against him.

First, he makes wwwwwwaaaaaayyyyy too many costly mistakes. He is good for one or two costly mistakes a game. This year, he was 12th in the league in INTs (with 12) and he missed half the season. Last year he was 6th (only two INTs behind #1).

Second, his division makes him look better than he is. Forget the fact the Colts can't win outside the division (they have an overall losing record). His production is padded because of his division games. In 2014, he had 7 games where he had a passer rating over 100 and five of them were against AFC South teams (two each against Tennessee and Jacksonville) and the other two were against a bad NFC East (Redskins & Giants). He also had six games where he had a passer rating under 90 (four of them were under 80).

For contrast, Brady had 5 games last year with a passer rating under 90 and three of them were at the beginning of the season when his o-line was awful (against Miami, Oakland, and Cincy). Another was the last game of the season where the Pats were playing for nothing, rested several of his key weapons, and pulled Brady at halftime.

Again, Luck is a top QB. But I wouldn't put him in the top 4 and you can make an argument to me to drop him down as low as 7.

Chandler! Quick, get down off the ledge and get back to Gillette.

I love it the way some people use selected stats to support their agenda while ignoring the big picture. Using one season and hand picking stats that are based on pass ATTEMPTS is what I like to call Santo & Johnny syndrome. Sure, they had a great album once but that hasn't put them in the R&R HOF.

But since you want to play that game, rather than listing the total numbers let's look at his CAREER averages or %'s compared to active QB's. Here goes;

Yards Per Attempt...
Ryan Nassib _ 12.8
Landry Jones _ 9.3
Logan Thomas _ 9
Tony Romo _ 7.9
Scott Tolzien _ 7.9
Philip Rivers _ 7.8
Tyrod Taylor _ 7.8
Kirk Cousins _ 7.6
Robert Griffin _ 7.6
Marcus Mariota _ 7.6
Matt Schaub _ 7.6
Jameis Winston _ 7.6
Drew Brees _ 7.5
Kellen Moore _ 7.5
Tom Brady _ 7.4
Colin Kaepernick _ 7.4
Teddy Bridgewater _ 7.2
Jay Cutler _ 7.2
Andy Dalton _ 7.2
Nick Foles _ 7.2
Brian Hoyer _ 7.2
A.J. McCarron _ 7.2
Matt Ryan _ 7.2
Matt Flynn _ 7.1
Eli Manning _ 7.1
Alex Tanney _ 7.1
Joe Flacco _ 7
Andrew Luck _ 7
Matt Moore _ 7
Brock Osweiler _ 7
Matthew Stafford _ 7
Michael Vick _ 7

Luck and Brock Osweiler will probably go into the NFL HOF around the same time

spock.gif

Yes, using his rookie year and an injury plagued season as half his data, rather than noting what he'd become in years 2 and 3, is the smart way to go...

Brought them to the AFC championship /game/ last year. Where he went 12 for 33 for 126yds and 2 picks.

That's what I've been watching. His career completion percentage is 58 percent. He's thrown 87 picks. At the same time in his career (as a starter) Brady had thrown 52. In a time when it was harder to put up guady passing stats and teams were actually allowed to defend the pass. Brady has also /never/ had a season where he was below 60 pct completion percentage.

Luck is a more aggressive player in an offense that is relying solely on him to win. That's why his numbers look different compared to Brady. In Brady's first three years we played a very conservative offense. On occasion they leaned on Brady to carry the team, but the situation isn't comparable.

Luck is a more aggressive player in an offense that is relying solely on him to win. That's why his numbers look different compared to Brady. In Brady's first three years we played a very conservative offense. On occasion they leaned on Brady to carry the team, but the situation isn't comparable.
All I know is, every season in their biggest game of the year, he's crapped his pants. Well, not this year, he didn't make it far enough.
Also, there's being aggressive, and there's being stupid. If your aggressiveness is killing the team, maybe you should learn from your mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST