And the winner is for the Pats HOF...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Stanley Morgan.

Congrats Stanley! He definitely was the most deserving of the three although all three will eventually get in.

Re: And the winner is for the Pats HOF.......

Stanley Morgan.

Congrats Stanley! He definitely was the most deserving of the three although all three will eventually get in.

For those of us who remember when he played, if he was in this current offense with #12, he'd be a 90 catch / 1200 YD / 10 TD guy ....easy.

For those of us who remember when he played, if he was in this current offense with #12, he'd be a 90 catch /1200 YD /10 TD guy ....easy.

Should be in Canton, Ohio.

That's great. Ben Coates will get this honor soon.

Stanley Morgan.

I doubt that. I voted for Stanley twice since I'm on Moms computer.

Coates should get in and they will hopefully redress egregious omissions by nominating Houston Antwine and Jon Morris.

The right choice, congrats Stanley...

as it should be...Stanley should be in the football hall of fame not just the Patriots hall of fame. He was a stand out player and all around nice guy.

Stanley's who I voted for. Atruely increadable reciever he averaged almost 20 yards a catch,in an era that didn't feature passing attacks like today. I wounder what his stats would be in todays game.Anyway Congradulations Stanley Morgan.

No suprise there. He got several of my votes.

I doubt that. I voted for Stanley twice since I'm on Moms computer.

Coates should get in and they will hopefully redress egregious omissions by nominating Houston Antwine and Jon Morris.

Those are stunning omissions. I hope fans realize their greatness when they come up for a vote.

Stanley Morgan.

I don't believe Burton should get in. A Wonderful, charitable human being, but his on-field contributions were minimal.

1099675137_2313.jpg

The most under-rated receiver in NFL history. Played on good and bad teams that never won the big ones.
24.1 yds per catch at his peak in '78
19.2 per catch for his CAREER!

Last edited:
Stanley Morgan is a great choice, but still believe that Darryl Stingley should get a bye and just get in.. next couple of years should start seeing the flood of the post '01 players, Bruschi, Harrison et al.. that should prove interesting.

Those are stunning omissions. I hope fans realize their greatness when they come up for a vote.

Truth be told, the fact that Morgan wasn't in already makes you wonder what that committee was smoking in the 90's when they went to vote.

I wrote Tomase and dropped an item in Reiss's mailbag, about the overlooked players, and I'll remind anyone I can next year when that committee comes up with the new nominations.

I don't believe Burton should get in. A Wonderful, charitable human being, but his on-field contributions were minimal.
Minimal?? I guess you have no memory of that team....

congratulations to Stanley Morgan !

i voted too for him

That Coniglio maintains a fantastic site for old AFL fans.

It was a great and exciting time with the greatest new sports league (the ABA was pretty good too).

Is this the same jon Morris that was the center for the Pat's in the 70's? It must be but his wgt. is so low,as are all the others. 250lbs. for a lineman. It shows in dramatic fashion todays training and conditioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back