PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

And Bledsoe throws it right to the linebacker!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have your Bledsoe screwups vs pittsburgh confused. Both were in 1998. the regular season was late in the year vs pitts at foxboro. He threw a screen pass to Kevin Henry a Pitt D lineman that was returned for a TD late in the game when the Pats had the game on lock down. Pitt came back to in in the final minutes. As a result of that loss we had to play at Pitts in the post season and Vrabel sacked Bledsoe from behind and he fumbled on the final drive. That was really more the LTs fault because h just whiffed on Vrabel.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, nepatz11.
He still probably has the most completed passes to a front seven player.:p

The truth with Bledsoe is somewhere in between. He isn't as bad as the bashers made him out to be, but he wasn't as good as the lovers would have you think.

The truth is the reason Bledsoe was so frustrating for rationale fans like me, is that while he was naturally physically "good enough" he never put in the extra work to make himself great. While Brady was winning offseason workout awards, Bledsoe was in Montana fishing.

Yup, which is why the teams he went to improved briefly before their coaches started tearing their hair out because he couldn't maintain that level of effort nor would he adhere to a prescribed game plan once his focus shifted from wanting to prove something to his critics to wanting to just sling it.

I don't doubt that if BB had allowed him to remain here as the starter and traded Brady to Buffalo instead Drew would have appeared to have turned over a new leaf here for about half a season before reverting to form. Belichick knew that, which he why he kept Brady instead...

And not for nothing, those teams he went to had made a few other improvements before acquiring him that had a little something to do with their record immediately following his arrival.

It's much the same as what we saw from Farve the last couple of seasons. When he sucked it was because he had no team around him. When they built one it won because of him. In his rambling postgame following the playoff loss he mentioned how everyone wanted him to adhere to a system until the game was lost and then they wanted him to pull a rabbit out of his hat. That unfortunately is his own subconscious talking. That's how the gunslinger feels when he's reined in - like a loss then proves he should have been turned loose, and a loss when he is turned loose is always due to someone else's deficiency. Attempting to manage that psyche consumes a staff and a team, which is why smart coaches either jetison them or abandon them.

WHAT???HUH??? Where am I?????.......

oh, sorry....another Bledsoe nightmare........:eek:

I'm going to pick up on the dream theme from this thread.

Last night I dreamt that Brady suddenly retired. It turned out that he had a very bad attitude behind the scenes, so much so that the team could not even trade him, so they just decided to part ways.

I really did not enjoy that dream.

Why all the Bledsoe bashing?

Drew is and always will be one of my favorite Patriots of all time. He is a part of the triumbrate that saved this franchise he took us to our second SB and helped get us to our 3rd.

I would love if he were on a short list of guys to be a vet back up but someting tells me he would not return here if he were to unretire which I think he is happy to stay.

Amen brother. My memories of Drew will be of the QB who led us upwards from mediocrity. I know he struggled near the end of his time in NE insofar as trying so hard that he played outside his means. He's not mobile and we didn't have the protection he needed at times and he payed dearly for it. But the man could hit a target.

All players have their skills erode as they age. This is a brutal sport, no doubt about it...physically, mentally, being in the public eye the demands are unrelenting.

I consider him a class act, who gave us a lot of himself.

Amen brother. My memories of Drew will be of the QB who led us upwards from mediocrity. I know he struggled near the end of his time in NE insofar as trying so hard that he played outside his means. He's not mobile and we didn't have the protection he needed at times and he payed dearly for it. But the man could hit a target.

All players have their skills erode as they age. This is a brutal sport, no doubt about it...physically, mentally, being in the public eye the demands are unrelenting.

I consider him a class act, who gave us a lot of himself.

He tried so hard he hurt himself trying to run a ****ty BB team is a new excuse...

Drew was not yet 30 years old when Mo took him out. QB's hit their prime in their late 20's to early 30's. He threw his last pass (and predictably it was his signature INT) and was benched for good at age 34. No weapons, no protection, :blahblah:... Brady and Romo seemed to flourish within the exact same circumstances. Buffalo didn't but that was because they exhibited the same moronic mindset when drafting the loose cannon Loserman that they did when they traded a first for Drew. The lure of the gunslinger is like the kiss of death for FO's. Mangini's up next...

Bledsoe would have been a Hall-of-Famer had he just been a little luckier in his career. Despite all of the adversity he still put up numbers that only a few quarterbacks in the history of the NFL have topped. His attitude (because he never had a good team around him) might have rubbed some people the wrong way, and that cost him his job. I think the Patriots could have won the Superbowl vs the Rams has Brady been too injured to play. That would have changed everything. Of course Brady is a little better (because of leadership ability), and a lot younger, so going with him was the right choice...but if you put a 30 year old Bledsoe on the 2007 Patriots and his numbers will be just as huge as Brady's were.

You people who don't give Drew any credit are truly idiots.

Last edited:
Bledsoe would have been a Hall-of-Famer had he just been a little luckier in his career. Despite all of the adversity he still put up numbers that only a few quarterbacks in the history of the NFL have topped. His attitude (because he never had a good team around him) might have rubbed some people the wrong way, and that cost him his job. I think the Patriots could have won the Superbowl vs the Rams has Brady been too injured to play. That would have changed everything. Of course Brady is a little better (because of leadership ability), and a lot younger, so going with him was the right choice...but if you put a 30 year old Bledsoe on the 2007 Patriots and his numbers will be just as huge as Brady's were.

You people who don't give Drew any credit are truly idiots.

A little? Wow.

Welcome to the board. We love people who call others "idiots" within their first 14 posts.

He tried so hard he hurt himself trying to run a ****ty BB team is a new excuse.

Not a sh*tty BB team, a Carrol team.

We all will agree that Drew was a stone back there. I think we can all agree, that without the weapons, and a good o-line, drew would struggle. I will not, however, comment on the lack of effort story. Mainly because I wasnt there to witness it anymore than anyone else on this board. Spare me the "so, and so wrote about it in his book" crap. Since when does anyone on this board believe anything that Boston sports writers write about this team.

Bottom line, Drew is the second best q.b. this team has had. He played hurt, and took alot of big hits for this team. He had his shortcomings, but I fail to see why people have to keep bashing him. It serves no point. How about bashing Scott Secules, or Millen, or anyone not named Bledsoe, Grogan, Parilli, or Brady.

Oh, and MOLEWISROCKS, this wasnt directed at you. I respect your opinion, and enjoy reading your posts, but it's clear that you celebrated Drews trade.lol. :D

You only know that because you have eyes and a brain.

I must correct you. The poster known as pf1996 has eyes, and, well, some sort of brain. Yet he wanted Brady gone last year. :D

"I think the Patriots could have won the Superbowl vs the Rams has Brady been too injured to play."

Sorry chief, you lost me right there; no way, no how Bledsoe takes the Patriots down the field for the winning field goal vs the Rams.

That said, he's still the second best QB this franchise has ever had, will always remember him playing with a pin in his finger until he could not do it any longer and Zolak started the playoff game vs Jacksonville (just brutal)..........

"I think the Patriots could have won the Superbowl vs the Rams has Brady been too injured to play."

Sorry chief, you lost me right there; no way, no how Bledsoe takes the Patriots down the field for the winning field goal vs the Rams.

That said, he's still the second best QB this franchise has ever had, will always remember him playing with a pin in his finger until he could not do it any longer and Zolak started the playoff game vs Jacksonville (just brutal)..........

The miami game and Bills game one was the one he injured it in and the other was the following week were epic games and My favorite memories of this great QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft