PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

An Approach To The Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and Belichick's choice was to have Gregory as a starter as youngsters develop and hopefully displace him for defensive reps (now Harmon, Wilson and Ebner).

Further, his approach is to bring in a low-level veteran free agent to also compete for roster spots and reps.

I expect A Wilson to be replaced by another veteran.

I expect little else.

You keep making this claim. The actions of the HC/GM run contrary to that claim. BB clearly knows there's a problem there.

To you watch Coaching film because that is the only way to evaluate safety's its pretty simple you see all 22 players. Unless you watch all22 its tough to credit your evaluation of WRs and DBs

The notion that you need the all-22 is complete and utter nonsense. Tavon Wilson sucks, and it doesn't take the all-22 to figure that out. Just as for any play in football, having multiple angles, including the all-22, is the best way to evaluate a player via tape.

Even then, the defenders of the faith trot out the "But you don't know the play!" claim which, while having some merit, is as misleading as the "all-22 claim", because people tend to evaluate most players based upon a body of work as opposed to a single play or two.

Yes, and Belichick's choice was to have Gregory as a starter as youngsters develop and hopefully displace him for defensive reps (now Harmon, Wilson and Ebner).

Further, his approach is to bring in a low-level veteran free agent to also compete for roster spots and reps.

I expect A Wilson to be replaced by another veteran.

I expect little else.

Belichick's choice was to draft Chung. That failed.
His next choice was to draft Tavon Wilson. That failed.
Belichick's choice was then to bring in Adrian Wilson. That failed.
Now, he's moved down out of the 2nd round. Maybe we'll get lucky.

Whether he originally thought Gregory could be the starter and figured out he can't, or he always knew that Gregory was an S3/S4, is something he'll not be sharing with us in honest fashion anytime soon.

You keep making this claim. The actions of the HC/GM run contrary to that claim. BB clearly knows there's a problem there.
Umm, the actions of the HC/GM was to acquire these 2 players and put them in those roles.

Gregory is not a starting caliber safety and, if you think Harmon played well, there are people all over the world, in all sorts of deserts, who'd love to sell you some bridges.

Hyperbole is your tell to knowing you are wrong, but won't admit it.

Belichick's choice was to draft Chung. That failed.
His next choice was to draft Tavon Wilson. That failed.
Neither of those have anything to do with BB thinking Gregory or Harmon are a problem.

Belichick's choice was then to bring in Adrian Wilson. That failed.
Wilson was injured.

Now, he's moved down out of the 2nd round. Maybe we'll get lucky.
Clearly he did better getting Collins and Harmon than drafting any of the safeties in the 2nd. Anyone paying attention knows that is obvious.

Whether he originally thought Gregory could be the starter and figured out he can't, or he always knew that Gregory was an S3/S4, is something he'll not be sharing with us in honest fashion anytime soon.
It appears that BB feels Gregory is a viable starter. Of course now you will move the goalposts from claiming you are right because BB agrees with you to BB is a dummy to think that. So predictable.

I sure hope your wrong bout not bringing in an fa talent. This team has holes And they must be addressed. you can forget bout the super bowl next yr as well. Thats y the fat must be cut. To make cap room for difference makers in fa. Subpar starters like Gregory,wilson,soapaga,wendall, Maybe Connolly unless they feel he can play center. Also ninko should be considered for release or paycut. Also wilfork should be cut and brought back at vet minimum. IThats if he doesnt retire. He already seemed to be declining before the injury and you take into consideration his age and weight i doubt he will contribute much less a difference maker. Hopefully he will be one of those guys who leaves on his own when he realizes he cant dominate any more. At last Mayo and mankins can restructure. They should have bout 20million cap space Next yr to resign talib and fill holes. But fat needs to be cut including all the hometown sentimental favorites like steve gregory wilfork among others.I think talib should be our only resign priority. If we want to bring in the talent to compete with denver and seattle. We cant sport steve Gregory"s when our foes are sporting cam chancellor's. What would dependable players be doing tonight against Denver much less Seattle"s wrecking crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes