PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the DA apoligists come out. Just admit, so far the guy is a major disappointment
He has been a major disappointment, but that doesn't change the fact that you're wrong about that throw. It was a poor pass.

Now the DA apoligists come out. Just admit, so far the guy is a major disappointment
redherring.jpg

He has been a major disappointment, but that doesn't change the fact that you're wrong about that throw. It was a poor pass.

It hit his hands. Mini-tron would have made that catch. I don't know why they ran a play for DA that late in the game with the way he was playing

He's an NFL WR and it hit his hands with no one on him. I know you love him, but he has 0 catches in the last 2 games. He needs to pick it up or he won't even see the field now
Watch the damn replay. That ball was uncatchable, whether it was just a bad throw by Tom or a route problem. I don't "love" Amendola, but I don't hate him either. There could be multiple reasons for him not performing the way we all want him to. Let's hope it gets ironed out.

While I won't blame Amendola for that, it was a pass with a very high degree of difficulty, and it was off by an inch or two. Amendola couldn't have gotten it but the throw had to be an inch or two closer and it wasn't. I don't think any other QB in the league can make that throw either.

I agree, it wasn't like a wide open lob to the end zone or anything. I'm just saying to blame Amendola for that was ridiculous.

Still, I think Brady makes that throw when he's on. Maybe I'm crazy. Maybe I'm still a kid and expect miracles from my heroes. :D

::facepalm::

Line needs to gel. Brady needs more time. A guy who's not here anymore is better than the second of two guys who should replace him. We won but didn't cover a 15 point spread. Woe is us.

We need to have enough talent, playing on a high-enough-level, on a close-to-brand-new OLine to even know what's wrong. Thus far I'm afraid to say that Brady's hitting binkies in far greater proportion than in seasons past. Yes he's missing the "every play" Gronk. Opens things up.

But I don't think "every play gronk" is a good idea. So here we are in a battle every game. It's all in the hope that we get end-of-the-year gronk for once. We'll need him given the present margin of victory.

On the other hand what's the over/under on points allowed this year? :)

Watch the damn replay. That ball was uncatchable, whether it was just a bad throw by Tom or a route problem. I don't "love" Amendola, but I don't hate him either. There could be multiple reasons for him not performing the way we all want him to. Let's hope it gets ironed out.

It was a tough catch, but it's sometimes made. I don't blame Amendola for not making it, but it would not have been impossible for him to do so.

its time for Belicheck to stop playing "musical chairs" with thompkins and Dobson and just inactivate Amendola and let those guys play.

When given time, those guys looked good for the patriots last year. But, how is DObson supposed to develop when he only plays every other week? if anything, he offers a different kind of skillset to the recevier corps. one they need more than a guy who is 5:10 and 180lbs.

on that goal line play. who would you think has a better chance of coming up with that ball that amendola missed? a guy who is 6:3 with long arms? or amendola?

it should be Edelman/dobson/thompkins/lafell/amendola

its time for Belicheck to stop playing "musical chairs" with thompkins and Dobson and just inactivate Amendola and let those guys play.

When given time, those guys looked good for the patriots last year. But, how is DObson supposed to develop when he only plays every other week? if anything, he offers a different kind of skillset to the recevier corps. one they need more than a guy who is 5:10 and 180lbs.

on that goal line play. who would you think has a better chance of coming up with that ball that amendola missed? a guy who is 6:3 with long arms? or amendola?

it should be Edelman/dobson/thompkins/lafell/amendola

Thompkins had one catch on one target yesterday. Dobson had one catch on two targets last week. How is that something that needs to be on the field?

Thompkins had one catch on one target yesterday. Dobson had one catch on two targets last week. How is that something that needs to be on the field?

well, I would start with 1 catch is better than -0-. overall, Dobson didnt really do anything to say "take him off the field". made a catch, drew a pass interference. last year he was bradys go to guy just before he broke his foot

but, other than that Dobson has better upside, size, athleticism and plays a different role than Amendola does. I would prefer a big bodied athletic guy on the field than another slot receiver.

It hit his hands. Mini-tron would have made that catch. I don't know why they ran a play for DA that late in the game with the way he was playing
I know this may come as shock but I am not a big fan of Amendola either, but the posters are right the pass led him too far. Could Amendola have made the catch? Sure but it would have been a great play on his part and seeing how he seems incapable of an average play right now it was not likely to happen. The blame does land on Brady in this case.

::facepalm::

Line needs to gel. Brady needs more time. A guy who's not here anymore is better than the second of two guys who should replace him. We won but didn't cover a 15 point spread. Woe is us.

We need to have enough talent, playing on a high-enough-level, on a close-to-brand-new OLine to even know what's wrong. Thus far I'm afraid to say that Brady's hitting binkies in far greater proportion than in seasons past. Yes he's missing the "every play" Gronk. Opens things up.

But I don't think "every play gronk" is a good idea. So here we are in a battle every game. It's all in the hope that we get end-of-the-year gronk for once. We'll need him given the present margin of victory.

On the other hand what's the over/under on points allowed this year? :)
Why is the offensive line to blame for everything? Edelman is having a great season why can’t are other WRs do the same, why do we have to wait for the OL to gel for them to be good? That just does not make sense to me, it seems like people are passing the buck to the weakest link.

Because the alternative is a guy with 0 catches?

Show us the posts where anyone is pimping Amendola, they don't exist, not even the biggest Amendola supporters have claimed he is doing anything. The people sh.tting him are fighting a battle with a straw man claiming they are simply responding to those who like Amendola yet not a single person has started a thread in his defense or claimed he was playing well or being productive, and claiming he should have made that catch is just another example of people being ridiculous about him and looking for any opening to take a sh.t on him. The people in this forum with agenda's SUCK, period, and drag this place down by repeating the same tired old sh.t over and over and over and over and over ad nauseum. You guys hate Amenddola, we get it, nlow shut the f.ck up about it unless you have something constructive to say about what can be done about it because no one is going to trade for him and releasing him will cost them cap space, which is ******ed when they are trying to get major deals done with big time players.. At this point he either needs to start playing off his ass or they will release him or ask him to take a big paycut at the end of the season, it's as simple as that, so if you guys want to whine and b.ch about then don't be surprised when people respond by disliking your posts and telling you to shut up. No one is arguing that Amendola has earned his deal, maybe when someone does you guys will have something to actually respond to, right now it's just a strawman.

well, I would start with 1 catch is better than -0-. overall, Dobson didnt really do anything to say "take him off the field". made a catch, drew a pass interference. last year he was bradys go to guy just before he broke his foot

but, other than that Dobson has better upside, size, athleticism and plays a different role than Amendola does. I would prefer a big bodied athletic guy on the field than another slot receiver.

Because the alternative is a guy with 0 catches?

Amendola's had 2 catches called back because of penalties. Hey, look, I've been clear on Amendola from the start. Choosing him over Welker was a huge mistake. That being said, Amendola had 50+ catches last year, and the whole offense sucks this year, with the exception of Brady-to-Edelman. Thompkins clearly hasn't been the solution, and neither has Dobson. With the way the OL is playing right now, arguing about whether it's

Lafell
Amendola
Dobson
Thompkins

who should be inactive is just arguing about where to put those deckchairs on the Titanic.

He's an NFL WR and it hit his hands with no one on him. I know you love him, but he has 0 catches in the last 2 games. He needs to pick it up or he won't even see the field now

Actually the player I "loved" was Welker, and I was vocal about how important it was to keep him, felt the Patriots lowballed him, and that they made a big mistake. However I accepted it when they signed Amendola and have simply made the argument that releasing him because he played through a serious injury his first season was idiotic, and unlike those with the Amendola agenda I dropped it when Welker signed with Denver and there was nothing that could be done about it. Amendola is here for the season, that's a fact, and you guys can sh.t on him every week if you want to be A-holes about it, or you can let it play out and argue he should be released at the end of the season, that's up to you, but if you do the former expect to be criticized and disliked for it, because no one wants to hear it. I will say it once more, the people with agenda's SUCK, and they are a detriment to this forum, period. Starting thread after thread on the exact same topic, or making thousands of posts on the exact same topic is tiresome and grows really old, make your point and move on. Earlier this spring i responded to the Colt Lyerla supporters by trashing him about a dozen times, and another poster responded by saying "You hate Lyerla, we get it," and guess what, they were right, I acknowledged it, and didn't respond to any more of the posts regarding Lyerla because my opinion on the matter was already well known, it didn't have to be repeated another 4,000 times. I can understand some of those who supported Amendola voicing their disappointment with him right now because they actually gave him a chance and he has not produced they way everyone hoped for, but for those who have been bashing him all along it is time to shut your pieholes, we get it, you hate him, enough said.

I really want to see the "Pro Amendola"posts you guys have been "responding to," so far I have yet to see anyone claim he is playing well.

Why is the offensive line to blame for everything? Edelman is having a great season why can’t are other WRs do the same, why do we have to wait for the OL to gel for them to be good? That just does not make sense to me, it seems like people are passing the buck to the weakest link.
Edelman gets open more quickly than a lot of receivers in the league and, certainly, every receiver on this team. It shouldn't come as a shock that he's getting the lion's share of the targets when Brady needs to unload the ball quickly. I've never been a big body language guy, but Brady's looks, head shakes, and body language toward the OL yesterday speaks wonders.

I really want to see the "Pro Amendola"posts you guys have been "responding to," so far I have yet to see anyone claim he is playing well.

Wake up, last year we had a bunch of people including you pimping DA and bashing Mini-tron. I can't remember the amount of times i had to defend JE. I wanted DA to succeed, but he can't create separation and it was obvious after he got injured in week 1.

This isn't hating on DA, the truth is he has 0 receptions in the last 2 games. I know you were one of his biggest fans and hopefully he picks it up, but right now i don't see how he can do it.

Edelman gets open more quickly than a lot of receivers in the league and, certainly, every receiver on this team. It shouldn't come as a shock that he's getting the lion's share of the targets when Brady needs to unload the ball quickly. I've never been a big body language guy, but Brady's looks, head shakes, and body language toward the OL yesterday speaks wonders.

I can understand why but I would much rather see Brady go Marino on them than the Deputy Dawg act, i don't like it when he's hanging his head and sitting by himself on the sidelines, I want to see thje fight in him, I want him to be over there telling people to get it right and being a leader. I am as big a Brady supporter as you will find but right now i don't see him stepping up the way i think he should be. the OL is not playing well and the receivers are not doing their jobs, other than Edelman, but Brady has to lead them and overcome the adversity. Now it may be that unlike Manning this offense is not his, and that he is frustrated by the direction it is going in and feels that he has no input into the way games are being called, and that is coming from the top but he still has to find a way to get it done. I do think that Belichick is demanding they run more, and I would guess both MacDaniel's and Brady are frustrated by that, but ultimately I think Belichick is right and they are going to have to figure out how to keep Brady in rythym and run the ball effectively, right now i think that's the reason they look so disjointed, but if MacDaniel's and Brady had their way it would go to 5 wide and throw 45 times a game, which may well provide more points and immediate relief but would end up with them losing in the play-offs due to lack of offensive balance once again. I think they need to get the OL right first and they need to establish offensive balance consistently over the season, and that Brady and MacDaniel's need to tailor their game's to those realities. In Brady's case i think it is much tougher because rythym and comfort level are really important, so he will have to work with MacDaniel's to find the balance and figure out how to incorporate balance into each game while staying in rythym. Not an easy requirement but necessary for their greater hopes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back