PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edelman gets open more quickly than a lot of receivers in the league and, certainly, every receiver on this team. It shouldn't come as a shock that he's getting the lion's share of the targets when Brady needs to unload the ball quickly. I've never been a big body language guy, but Brady's looks, head shakes, and body language toward the OL yesterday speaks wonders.

People were bagging on Cannon a bit, and Devey just flat out sucks, but the play of Solder has to be the most concerning for the Patriots. All these years in, and he's still struggling without help from his LG.

Wake up, last year we had a bunch of people including you pimping DA and bashing Mini-tron. I can't remember the amount of times i had to defend JE. I wanted DA to succeed, but he can't create separation and it was obvious after he got injured in week 1.

This isn't hating on DA, the truth is he has 0 receptions in the last 2 games. I know you were one of his biggest fans and hopefully he picks it up, but right now i don't see how he can do it.

Show the posts, I have never bashed Edelman. I was wrong in my discussions in with PatfanKen the previous season when I said expecting him to produce like Welker was unrealistic, and i admitted to Ken he was right and i was wrong, which Ken will vouch for, but I have never bashed Edelman. So if you wan to make the claim then back it up. let's see those posts?

As for Amendola, i am a supporter, and i hope he starts to show that he can be the player he they thought he was when they signed him, but so far this season he has been healthy and has not produced, and it's on him to do so, if he doesn't then he is gone unless he takes a massive pay cut. I still think there is plenty of time for him to show he can be a really good player, but even then I would expect a restructure because that still wouldn't be enough to justify his salary.

People were bagging on Cannon a bit, and Devey just flat out sucks, but the play of Solder has to be the most concerning for the Patriots. All these years in, and he's still struggling without help from his LG.

I agree with this. I really like Solder but he has not played well this season to date and I am definitely concerned by it.

Wake up, last year we had a bunch of people including you pimping DA and bashing Mini-tron. I can't remember the amount of times i had to defend JE. I wanted DA to succeed, but he can't create separation and it was obvious after he got injured in week 1.

This isn't hating on DA, the truth is he has 0 receptions in the last 2 games. I know you were one of his biggest fans and hopefully he picks it up, but right now i don't see how he can do it.

Amendola has a problem as long as they continue to go with two WR's because Edelman has shown he is a superior player, period, and they are going to use a bigger receiver on the other side, so unless they are using three WR's or Edelman goes down he is going to be watching from the sidelines much more than we ever expected him to be. I still think we will see more wide open offense once they get the OL figured out but i doubt they will ever go back to the spread offense full time, so 5 wide will be an option but will no longer be a staple of this offense.

Amendola's had 2 catches called back because of penalties. Hey, look, I've been clear on Amendola from the start. Choosing him over Welker was a huge mistake. That being said, Amendola had 50+ catches last year, and the whole offense sucks this year, with the exception of Brady-to-Edelman. Thompkins clearly hasn't been the solution, and neither has Dobson. With the way the OL is playing right now, arguing about whether it's

Lafell
Amendola
Dobson
Thompkins

who should be inactive is just arguing about where to put those deckchairs on the Titanic.

And both of those penalties were legitimate. Without the penalized block Amendola probably has a grand total of 2 catches for ~10 yards the last 2 games.

I will take the performance of Thompkins, Lafell, or Dobson over that any day.

And both of those penalties were legitimate. Without the penalized block Amendola probably has a grand total of 2 catches for ~10 yards the last 2 games.

I will take the performance of Thompkins, Lafell, or Dobson over that any day.

Whether or not Amendola would still have had the catches is speculation. What's factual is that he's had 2 catches taken back by penalty.

And, as I noted, those others mentioned have not solved the problem. You can "take" whomever you want. It's a completely irrelevancy right now. That's why it's folly to be calling for any particular WR to be the inactive.

I got jumped on in the offseason for saying Solder benefitted from Mankins just as much as Wendell, but it's true. Without Mankins, he's getting exposed. Vollmer isn't playing particularly well for that matter either.

You know we used to have a pretty good LG.
Yeah, the turnstile that is Solder is very troubling especially with struggles in the interior of the line.

Whether or not Amendola would still have had the catches is speculation. What's factual is that he's had 2 catches taken back by penalty.

And, as I noted, those others mentioned have not solved the problem. You can "take" whomever you want. It's a completely irrelevancy right now. That's why it's folly to be calling for any particular WR to be the inactive.

I just think Dobson adds a different dimension to the offense that is more valuable than Amendola

I just think Dobson adds a different dimension to the offense that is more valuable than Amendola

Please explain how a downfield guy adds more to this offense than a slot guy right now, when Brady can't even take a 5 step drop without the opponents' D-lines giving him the Rodney King treatment.

Please explain how a downfield guy adds more to this offense than a slot guy right now, when Brady can't even take a 5 step drop without the opponents' D-lines giving him the Rodney King treatment.

1. problems in the red-zone. having a bigger bodied receiver with a higher catch radius.
2. Dobson appeared to be more than a downfield threat last year, catching balls all over the field.

Lafell has more catches as a slot guy than amendola right now

Dobson has the highest upside of our receivers. But Belicheck seems to want to play musical chairs with him/thompkins. or, maybe he's not totally right with that foot..

Last edited:
You know we used to have a pretty good LG.
Yeah, the turnstile that is Solder is very troubling especially with struggles in the interior of the line.

And they better get it figured out immediately because they have Houston and Hali this coming week. the KC DL will either expose them completely or show they are starting to get it under control.

I got jumped on in the offseason for saying Solder benefitted from Mankins just as much as Wendell, but it's true. Without Mankins, he's getting exposed. Vollmer isn't playing particularly well for that matter either.

Vollmer was very good before his injury last year thought he looked a Elite Right Tackle in the making. But his play is so bad in 2014 you have wonder if he's not fully recovered from his injury. Right now I would consider putting Marcus Cannon back at RT and sit Vollmer a bit. Also McDaniels need to be a little more innovative with he O-Line like rolling the protection right or left from time to time to slow down the rush to help out Brady.

Vollmer was very good before his injury last year thought he looked a Elite Right Tackle in the making. But his play is so bad in 2014 you have wonder if he's not fully recovered from his injury. Right now I would consider putting Marcus Cannon back at RT and sit Vollmer a bit. Also McDaniels need to be a little more innovative with he O-Line like rolling the protection right or left from time to time to slow down the rush to help out Brady.

I think it's been rather apparent that he's not fully 100%. As for putting Cannon at RT, he's been so bad at LG that I have to honestly wonder if that would be a good idea. In all, though, this is not a very good team right now. Even Revis is playing below expectations. But the crux of the offense's issues is the OL. Brady is 37 years old. His body is not going to heal the way it used to. If he keeps absorbing those kinds of hits, it's only a matter of time before he has to leave the game and/or miss time.

I think it's been rather apparent that he's not fully 100%. As for putting Cannon at RT, he's been so bad at LG that I have to honestly wonder if that would be a good idea. In all, though, this is not a very good team right now. Even Revis is playing below expectations. But the crux of the offense's issues is the OL. Brady is 37 years old. His body is not going to heal the way it used to. If he keeps absorbing those kinds of hits, it's only a matter of time before he has to leave the game and/or miss time.

I agree the offense isn't very good right now but the defense has played well to this point. We will have a b better understanding of whether or not they can right the ship offensively after next week's game. If they get exposed again it is going to be time to seriously wonder whether they can fix it this season or not. I'm never one to give up on them and won't until they are actually out of the play-offs but i still go back to the clip in the Football Life about Belichick where he is saying that he simply cannot get the team to play the way he wants. Sometimes the fix is not there. Whether or not that will be the case this season remains to be seen but i would be lying if i said i was confident about their OL at this point. He managed to get a team with a horrendous defense to the SB, and that was an incredible achievement, but that team was able to rely upon Brady, whether they can do so with a really good defense but Brady unable to get the offense on track remains to be seen. i think we are looking at more of a game management team but their ability to get their OL on the right track is going to be the key to the season imo.

Who is this Amedola? Does he play for Pats? I watched the game yesterday and I don't recall seeing him. :)

I agree the offense isn't very good right now but the defense has played well to this point. We will have a b better understanding of whether or not they can right the ship offensively after next week's game. If they get exposed again it is going to be time to seriously wonder whether they can fix it this season or not. I'm never one to give up on them and won't until they are actually out of the play-offs but i still go back to the clip in the Football Life about Belichick where he is saying that he simply cannot get the team to play the way he wants. Sometimes the fix is not there. Whether or not that will be the case this season remains to be seen but i would be lying if i said i was confident about their OL at this point. He managed to get a team with a horrendous defense to the SB, and that was an incredible achievement, but that team was able to rely upon Brady, whether they can do so with a really good defense but Brady unable to get the offense on track remains to be seen. i think we are looking at more of a game management team but their ability to get their OL on the right track is going to be the key to the season imo.

Outside of Chandler Jones, I think you would be hard pressed to say anybody on defense is playing consistently well. Revis is being paid like a true shut down corner when he's simply been solid thus far. And that's even with him lining up in press man. As for the OL, the coaching staff needs to begin experimenting with different line-ups, starting with Stork at C. Brady is already being dry humped up and down the field as it is. Throw whatever you can at the wall at guard and see if it sticks.

Who are these mythical people pimping Amendola and bashing Mini-tron? You probably can't remember the amount of times because they're all in your head.

Ivan has certainly never bashed JE, nor have I. I did see lots of people bashing him for being injury-prone before last year - many of those were probably the same people now bashing DA. There's a whole bunch of people on this forum who do nothing but complain and whine and find a hated player and pile on ridiculously. Don't know any of them who have supported Amendola, whose biggest boosters here include Ivan, myself and Supafly - and all three of us have repeatedly stated that they either need to find a way to use the guy 9and he needs to step up) or they need to cut him at the end of the year.

Outside of Chandler Jones, I think you would be hard pressed to say anybody on defense is playing consistently well. Revis is being paid like a true shut down corner when he's simply been solid thus far. And that's even with him lining up in press man. As for the OL, the coaching staff needs to begin experimenting with different line-ups, starting with Stork at C. Brady is already being dry humped up and down the field as it is. Throw whatever you can at the wall at guard and see if it sticks.

I think Hightower is playing really well as is McCourty, and I think Wilfork has been getting better and more effective each week. They have yet to play a really good offense but i have no problem with how they are playing on defense.

Agree on Stork and the OL completely.

i need to get going or i am going to waste a beautiful day on this board.

I think Hightower is playing really well as is McCourty, and I think Wilfork has been getting better and more effective each week. They have yet to play a really good offense but i have no problem with how they are playing on defense.

Agree on Stork and the OL completely.

i need to get going or i am going to waste a beautiful day on this board.
It's the first day of fall, man. Enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes