PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either trade him, bench him or cut him, because I never want to see him on the field instead of KT or Dobson ever again.

And Josh "McDonalds" should get a swift kick in the nuts for lining Devlin out wide instead of a better WR.

Either trade him, bench him or cut him, because I never want to see him on the field instead of KT or Dobson ever again.

Well Dobson....well we have no idea what his deal is and until we find out or have him play...danny will be playing

Well Dobson....well we have no idea what his deal is and until we find out or have him play...danny will be playing

Unfortunately. I think Dobson just isn't up to game speed and connection with Brady yet. Needs more practice reps i guess.

Why is everyone ignoring that Wright played majority of his plays last year in the slot & saying if Edelman gets injured (although he isn't the slot receiver) they have no slot receiver because Wright should & could play Slot receiver since he's shown the ability to do it last year.....Instead of Amendola (it should at least an option RIGHT?)

His picture's on milk cartons by now.

He isn't getting open quickly enough which, compared with the level of the pass protection, is effectively getting him frozen out. He has not been worth the money thus far. Welker had a decent game today. He still gets open quickly. Brady definitely couldn't use anyone like him, though.

How much is he being paid ? And why ?
Zero catches actually 2 catches in three games called back because of penalize by others.

We let Welker go for this ????

1) The Patriots did not "let Welker go for (this)..." Maybe you didn't pay attention, but Wes Welker had been turning down offers for a couple of years prior to the start of the 2013 free agency legal tampering period.

When it became more than obvious that Welker wasn't choosing to stay, they chose what many deemed as a replacement who could likely fill 75% or so of Welker's production. Instead, we ended up with another guy (Edelman) who outproduced Welker altogether.

They didn't want to be stuck without Welker OR any kind of replacement when he did what they figured he'd do....which was move on to another team. That is why they agreed to a deal with Amendola. They also left Welker's deal on the table in case he wanted to stay as well, but as predicted, he turned it down.

2) There have now been THREE offensive pass interference penalties called on someone that have taken back Amendola catches in every game this season---not two in three weeks as you stated.

1) The Patriots did not "let Welker go for (this)..." Maybe you didn't pay attention, but Wes Welker had been turning down offers for a couple of years prior to the start of the 2013 free agency legal tampering period.

When it became more than obvious that Welker wasn't choosing to stay, they chose what many deemed as a replacement who could likely fill 75% or so of Welker's production. Instead, we ended up with another guy (Edelman) who outproduced Welker altogether.

They didn't want to be stuck without Welker OR any kind of replacement when he did what they figured he'd do....which was move on to another team. That is why they agreed to a deal with Amendola. They also left Welker's deal on the table in case he wanted to stay as well, but as predicted, he turned it down.

2) There have now been THREE offensive pass interference penalties called on someone that have taken back Amendola catches in every game this season---not two in three weeks as you stated.

We could look at that another way and say that Amendola is only getting open on illegal plays.

I don't think that's true though. I just don't think he's Brady's first read on most plays and he hasn't had great protection/time to go through his reads

Welker regrets that decision every day when he wakes up with a headache and cannot remember his name, did you see the blow Thomas put on him today, Manning is going to end up sharing a cell with Hernandez if he keeps hanging Welker out like he does.

I was ready to kill DA after he dropped that TD. He needs to step up next week against KC or he'll be sitting on the sidelines

I was ready to kill DA after he dropped that TD. He needs to step up next week against KC or he'll be sitting on the sidelines

I'm a huge Tom Brady fan, my fav college player which is why I started following the Patriots. But I'll be the first to say that was a really poor throw from Brady, not a drop on Danny.

Brady was not comfortable all day today. He didn't step into a lot of throws; many were just with his arm. I don't think he's relaxed in the pocket with that OL and it's affecting his mechanics, which isn't good. He's not a great athlete and relies on his mechanics more than most.

I didn't see his delivery on that Amendola pass, but it was a poor effort from Tom. Amendola can get criticized for lots of other things, but not on that pass. That was #12.

He didn't drop a TD, that was a bad throw by Brady and Amendola barely got his fingertips on it.

It was in his hands , he should have had it.

It was in his hands , he should have had it.
No, it was not "in his hands." He was at full horizontal stretch for that ball and was barely able to get his fingertips on it.

No, it was not "in his hands." He was at full horizontal stretch for that ball and was barely able to get his fingertips on it.

He's an NFL WR and it hit his hands with no one on him. I know you love him, but he has 0 catches in the last 2 games. He needs to pick it up or he won't even see the field now

Last edited:
I'm a huge Tom Brady fan, my fav college player which is why I started following the Patriots. But I'll be the first to say that was a really poor throw from Brady, not a drop on Danny.

Brady was not comfortable all day today. He didn't step into a lot of throws; many were just with his arm. I don't think he's relaxed in the pocket with that OL and it's affecting his mechanics, which isn't good. He's not a great athlete and relies on his mechanics more than most.

I didn't see his delivery on that Amendola pass, but it was a poor effort from Tom. Amendola can get criticized for lots of other things, but not on that pass. That was #12.

While I won't blame Amendola for that, it was a pass with a very high degree of difficulty, and it was off by an inch or two. Amendola couldn't have gotten it but the throw had to be an inch or two closer and it wasn't. I don't think any other QB in the league can make that throw either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes