PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Update: Amendola to Test Out Ankle on Practice Field

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jones saw some time when Rowe got hurt. Not sure if Rowe came back, wasn't paying too close of attention by the end.

Posted the exact tweet in the post game thread at the time but one of the beat guys saw Rowe with a ice pack on his hamstring after the game. So at worse it looks like a day to day situation with him.

On the plus side, no trying to play through it and not letting it heal. Should be good to go for first playoff game. But receiving corps is now really thin - we really can't afford more losses there.

It was very foolish to have Amendola out there returning punts, considering what happened to him last year.

They need to put someone out there who isn't as valuable....Keyshawn Martin maybe?

Here we are all concerned about Amendola I remember posting a thread after he was here about 1 or 2 years probably 2 years about how bad he was was and the Pats had to get rid of him. if I remember correctly he had a $5M/yr with 3 years to go. He wrong was I and those that agreed with me.

It was very foolish to have Amendola out there returning punts, considering what happened to him last year.

They need to put someone out there who isn't as valuable....Keyshawn Martin maybe?
He's a free agent after being in SF earlier.

I think it'd be a smart move. Why not?

Now cool off those afterburners, Supa....Jones was ,once again, a DISASTER on special teams. He played extremely well on defense, however. If he wasn't doing a job, BB would have pulled him. The kid is settling in on D....special teams, not so much> I think Tunes was near homicidal after that gaffe in the 1st half.
:confused: What has Jones done on defense this season? He has played in eight games with zero passes defensed and three tackles (two of them assists) all year. His purported kick/punt return skills are a big part of why he was drafted and all he's done is demonstrate a serious case of the yips. Now because of him Amendola -- who has made lots of clutch catches lately -- is done 'til at least the playoffs with a high ankle sprain. Jones has proven a serious liability so far.

At this point, Amendola may be more valuable as a returner than a WR. The guy has 23 catches this year and he is falling down the depth chart with the emergence of Malcolm Mitchell.

At this point, Amendola may be more valuable as a returner than a WR. The guy has 23 catches this year and he is falling down the depth chart with the emergence of Malcolm Mitchell.

He needs to return for the playoffs. Can't have Jones returning punts anymore.

You need four starting-caliber WRs in this offense especially now with Gronk shelved. Amendola has carved a special niche for himself making one or two very clutch catches every game coming off the bench. His absence will be felt.

You need four starting-caliber WRs in this offense especially now with Gronk shelved. Amendola has carved a special niche for himself making one or two very clutch catches every game coming off the bench. His absence will be felt.
He hasn't had many catches, but has been hugely productive with limited opportunities. There is a trust level with TB12 that won't exist for his replacement. But PR is another significant hole. Troy Brown ain't walking in the door....

Not really. The Pats have both Deion Lewis and James White as receivers too. They can still mostly do 2 WR sets and use two RBs rather than two TEs.

Amendola is nice to have, but not critical to have. He was still more important as a special teamer.

Not really. The Pats have both Deion Lewis and James White as receivers too. They can still mostly do 2 WR sets and use two RBs rather than two TEs.

Amendola is nice to have, but not critical to have. He was still more important as a special teamer.

True, but they cannot afford to lose anyone else at the WR position. Edelman-Mitchell-Hogan should be fine for now, but if any of them get injured then our offense is going to take a big hit. On top of that Bennett is fighting through injuries and hasn't really contributed in the passing game.

True, but they cannot afford to lose anyone else at the WR position. Edelman-Mitchell-Hogan should be fine for now, but if any of them get injured then our offense is going to take a big hit. On top of that Bennett is fighting through injuries and hasn't really contributed in the passing game.
I watched Bennet while at the game yesterday. He was favoring the right ankle quite a bit. Id say he's pretty limited right now. Mitchell looked like the healthiest pass catcher they have..

I agree, and so I'd probably sign AD back. Hogan is hurting (Back). It's obvious when he goes to block. DAD can block and knows the routes. It's worth a chance.

Otherwise (and if they can't find anyone else for punts, K Martin. I prefer AD in the offense, though.

let me post it also here .. situation not much changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye