PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Am I the only one who does NOT want Welker back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vollmer walking doesn't harm the Patriots chances of winning to any significant degree. Welker walking, on the other hand, does.

Forest for the trees....

When Brady's ribs are broken or he gets another injury because of a turn style right tackle you'll be spouting a different tune. If this offense can't survive without Welker that's a problem its changed before and it'll change again when he is gone.

No he goes through quaters where he is just not right.

Brady goes through quarters where he is just not right. You wanna trade him too ?

When Brady's ribs are broken or he gets another injury because of a turn style right tackle you'll be spouting a different tune. If this offense can't survive without Welker that's a problem its changed before and it'll change again when he is gone.

Offensive line is the best coached group on the team. This team has been able to keep the QBs clean with all sorts of RTs. Vollmer, to point to him specifically, has been injury prone since college, and he often struggled even when on the field this season.

Again, forest for the trees. You loves you some trees.

Offensive line is the best coached group on the team. This team has been able to keep the QBs clean with all sorts of RTs. Vollmer, to point to him specifically, has been injury prone since college, and he often struggled even when on the field this season.

Again, forest for the trees. You loves you some trees.

Offensive line has shat the bed multiple times in the playoffs in recent years. Again your sly remarks don't make your points any more worth while. You are clueless if you think this offense won't be good without Welker.

Now I don't want this to be construed as me arguing coolguy's point because it's not, but to be fair those 7 key wins also happen to be the 7 lowest scoring games from that 9 game period. If I take the 7 lowest scoring games from the most recent 9 games I get an average of 17.6 points. I understand the the recent teams have been handcuffed by the number of possessions and the older teams got helped out by the defense, but in the end if you can score more points with a team built the way those old teams were what's the point of a highpowered offense?

I did consider that point, so it's fair for you to bring it up. I took the 7 out of 9 game span since those 7/9 showed much more of a truer picture than the second half scoring output in the CAR SB, which was the lowest first half in any SB ever.

Aside for that, we're left with one good offensive performance for the 4 year playoff period--that obviously was the Steelers game, which also came at the end of the run in the 2004 AFCCG. To me that's obviously the anomaly here..clearly. They picked off Roethlisberger's pass on the Steelers first drive and never looked back, but it was not a very good example of the 4 year period in my opinion.

Anytime you have playoff winning caliber football both sides of the ball are going to compliment each other and contribute on some level, but to me it's very, very clear that the main reason those Patriot teams of the dynasty era were winning was due to the defense being able to keep them in close, low scoring affairs when it mattered, as they were not asked or expected to need to put up huge offensive numbers to get the job done.

Improvements on some level for both sides of the ball would obviously always be the most ideal solution, but in my opinion a good start would be the ability to rely on the defense to (more often than not) keep them in the game. Obviously, expecting one side or the other to always carry you isn't realistic, but I see a lot more of those that blame the offense than I do the defense lately.

Brady goes through quarters where he is just not right. You wanna trade him too ?

I never said anything about trade. I want him to retire. I am worried about him and all the hits he takes and brain damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes