PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All things Peyton Manning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any team with a defense that good is a bit scary, especially when you factor in the NFLs love for their poster boy Manning, who I'm sure will be assisted with calls

They're defense is playing really well right now, but it should be pointed out that the best offense they've faced is KC. It's a collection of terrible OLs, lousy QBs and unimaginative OCs, not necessarily all at the same time. No matter how dominant they look, I always come away thinking, "NE could put up 30 on these guys with relative ease." Hell, Minny would have if they had an even functional OL.

Last edited:
Any team with a defense that good is a bit scary, especially when you factor in the NFLs love for their poster boy Manning, who I'm sure will be assisted with calls

Agreed. I would argue that we just played our first team with a good pass rush (with Hardy back from suspension). And, they absolutely pulverized Brady in the first half.

And people aren't worried about playing the team that easily leads the league in sacks?
http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-sacks-and-sack-yards/2015/

I don't care if we easily won against Dallas, I don't want our 38 year old GOAT quarterback pummeled like that again this season, no matter how much asparagus juice he is drinking.

I hope we have plenty of 3 TE lineups and run it down their throat.

The Broncos starting defense is really good , the question is how good their depth is and given the money they have paid their staters I think that will be their Achilles heel defensively. I don't believe any team can win a Super Bowl with a QB with as weak an arm as Manning has, and I think Elway knows this and will force Kubiak to replace him as the season goes on. Imo even those who have slobbered praise on Manning and have supported him to this point are coming around to the fact that his arm is gone.

The Broncos starting defense is really good , the question is how good their depth is and given the money they have paid their staters I think that will be their Achilles heel defensively. I don't believe any team can win a Super Bowl with a QB with as weak an arm as Manning has, and I think Elway knows this and will force Kubiak to replace him as the season goes on. Imo even those who have slobbered praise on Manning and have supported him to this point are coming around to the fact that his arm is gone.
DEN has a nice defense. Until the face an elite offense I'm reserving judgement.

PM and their passing offense is very average. Their running game is putrid.

Agreed. I would argue that we just played our first team with a good pass rush (with Hardy back from suspension). And, they absolutely pulverized Brady in the first half.

And people aren't worried about playing the team that easily leads the league in sacks?

The Steelers used to regularly top the sack charts and still get nowhere near Brady. Denver just last year had similar pass rush prowess and NE moved the ball fairly easily on them.

As long as they don't bring back two excellent defenders and then completely alter their approach from what they've been doing all year (and last year), I think NE will be OK. :)

I don't care if we easily won against Dallas, I don't want our 38 year old GOAT quarterback pummeled like that again this season, no matter how much asparagus juice he is drinking.

BUF has a good pass rush. Pitt is on a pace for 51 sacks this year.

I still chalk up the 1st 1/2 as underestimating the DAL pass rush and their coverage sets. Once they modified their blocking schemes they handled them well.

The Broncos offense is terrible. They can't run the ball & Peyton can't throw past 15 yards with any accuracy.

Our offense would only need to put up 17-24 points to win. Our front seven would control the LOS and BB could scheme Denver's offense down to 7-10 points.

24-10 type game if they can slow down our offense. 42-10 if they can't.

If Peyton wasn't toast and Denver had an OL/runninggame I'd be worried.

The Broncos offense is terrible. They can't run the ball & Peyton can't throw past 15 yards with any accuracy.

Our offense would only need to put up 17-24 points to win. Our front seven would control the LOS and BB could scheme Denver's offense down to 7-10 points.

24-10 type game if they can slow down our offense. 42-10 if they can't.

If Peyton wasn't toast and Denver had an OL/runninggame I'd be worried.

That's my belief too, this Denver team if not for a soft schedule and soft division could be 2-3 right now if not worse (well maybe not, they own Oakland, Chiefs and the Lions are a joke).

Wow, if you look at that, NE is 5th on the list with one less game played. And Miami only has 1 sack this entire season! That is nuts. 100 million nuts actually.

Ah, the season doesn't start until we're the last undefeated team :D.

If my math is correct denver's 5 opponents have 6 wins combined.

Our first 2 opponents have 6 wins combined.

Im impressed with their defense but ill wait until they face some actual competition.

I HATE HATE HATE those damn "chicken parm you taste so good" commercials. :mad: The f*cking Papa John's commercials are a close second. I wish to God this goober would just go away.

Well he better or he'll be doing the "help me I've fallen and can't get up..." commercials.

I feel like we said this last year about denvers defense. They looked fast and swarming and ware looked young again.

Then by November ware became invisible, aqibs hamstring started to act up again and mannings arm went. Which lead to them losing to the charmin Soft colts...

If this denver team takes that same trajectory...and mannings arm is already worse than it was last year. Im not too afraid yet

I'd be curious how Colt fans feel about Peyton Manning play over the last 3 seasons vs. Lucks. Obviously, it wasn't an awful choice to let Peyton walk, but it also seems he could have helped a bit as well.

Another aspect that rarely gets mentioned (well now) is how the Colts got pretty much nothing for letting Manning go (obviously he was damaged/unknown goods), but can you imagine BB getting nothing for a player like that?

Having said that, I don't want to see Brady let go and I'd rather it be 1 season too late than 1 season too early (and probably the only player I would designate that way and may it bee a few years from now..).

Career Passer Rating:

Brady - 96.5
Manning- 96.9

Brady is closing the gap really fast right now. Not that this number means much, but it would be funny if Tom passed him, since that is presumably Manning's ONLY thing he has going for him in the debate at this point. That and longevity stats. It would be funny to see all the Manning apologists to start garbling about Manning having better regular season stats and see them immediately shot down (even though Brady's are actually much better anyway, due to his much lower INT percentage.)

Brady surpassed Manning in passer rating, just barely, somewhere around 2010-2011, which was a remarkable accomplishment considering how great the gap was before 2007. Then Manning retook the lead in 2013 and by the middle of last season, he was way ahead, by something like 3 points. Now the pendulum is swinging back again.

Fairly meaningless number but just an interesting one to pay attention to considering their rivalry.

Career Passer Rating:

Brady - 96.5
Manning- 96.9

Brady is closing the gap really fast right now. Not that this number means much, but it would be funny if Tom passed him, since that is presumably Manning's ONLY thing he has going for him in the debate at this point. That and longevity stats. It would be funny to see all the Manning apologists to start garbling about Manning having better regular season stats and see them immediately shot down (even though Brady's are actually much better anyway, due to his much lower INT percentage.)

Brady surpassed Manning in passer rating, just barely, somewhere around 2010-2011, which was a remarkable accomplishment considering how great the gap was before 2007. Then Manning retook the lead in 2013 and by the middle of last season, he was way ahead, by something like 3 points. Now the pendulum is swinging back again.

Fairly meaningless number but just an interesting one to pay attention to considering their rivalry.

Brady will overtake this by the end of the season for good this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore