PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All of our wildest dreams come true: Denver has traded for Mark Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Broncos forum...this is how they are taking it:

"Great Move by the Boss, it is a pleasure to watch Elway work"
"I'm sold on this pick-up. We didn't spend much at all......leaving some dry powder for any quality leftover F/A's"
"I see this being similar to the Jake Plummer situation. Kubiak molded Jake into the system, same here, then we'll draft a stud QB, let him sit a couple of years."

And i laughed a lot at this one:

" Whether or not it solves on field problems isn't really the question. This takes the media pressure away, every NFL headline was talking about Denver having just 1 QB. This will loosen the strangle alot of other QBs had on us and we can start looking around the market again now and fill these vacancies."

Wow. I was going to post something to the effect of imagine being a Broncos fan and trying to be positive about this move. It doesn't sound like there's a shortage of those types, though, which is hard to believe.

As far as Sanchez being able to win SB with a great defense, he had one in NY and never even made it to a SB.

The very idea of Fitzpatrick and Sanchez competing for the starting job... it's just beautiful to think about. What's the regular-life equivalent to that? A stalk of celery and a hot pocket competing to see which can be the slightly-less-****ty dinner?

There is no way that Denver is counting on him being their starter. Probably competition for the backup.

what other options do they have? RG3? Fitzpatrick?

Their options for a starter are not great, but I still think they will upgrade. Fitzpatrick, RG3, Kap...all would be an upgrade over Sanchez. None will be a great QB, but remember, they won it all last year with a qb that was statistically the worst. You have to respect them for that; it says a lot about the rest of their team. No matter, Pats will smoke them next year no matter who they roll out!

I missed that. I saw Brock signed and assumed it was with the donkeys. That's hilarious. I take back what i said about Sanchez, they go from little to nothing at QB.

He is going to be a backup. They will find another starter in kapernick or someone else.

If all that is left on the market are game managers who are gonna throw a pick instead of a game winning TD might as well go with the cheaper option. Elway is right. Fitzmagic is a garbage QB who wants to be paid good QB money.
... and Dirty Sanchez is a garbage QB being paid scrub money, but the outcome will be the same, picks at crucial moments....

Regardless broncos can win a SB with him since their defense seems to be largely intact.
Malik Jackson gone. Travathan gone. Miller present but hitting the salary cap at the franchise level. Let's see how that locker room and coaching staff reacts when they see that Payton isn't coming through that door, Captain Buttfumble is.

"Great Move by the Boss, it is a pleasure to watch Elway work"
The Boss just groomed a player for four years and got played by him and his agent. That's a strange kind of pleasure, IMHO.

There is no way that Denver is counting on him being their starter.
Nope, they were 'counting' on Brock Osweiler being their starting QB! :)

Wow. I was going to post something to the effect of imagine being a Broncos fan and trying to be positive about this move. It doesn't sound like there's a shortage of those types, though, which is hard to believe.

As far as Sanchez being able to win SB with a great defense, he had one in NY and never even made it to a SB.
Weed is legal there, remember.

I actually think Sanchez had some potential before Rex wrecked him.
To his credit, he was a big time clutch QB his first two seasons. And that couple of year stretch Santonio Holmes had with the Steelers and Jets was absurd. He was the most clutch receiver in the league.

Peyton Manning must be laughing his azz off.

To his credit, he was a big time clutch QB his first two seasons. And that couple of year stretch Santonio Holmes had with the Steelers and Jets was absurd. He was the most clutch receiver in the league.

What games were you watching?

Sanchez began throwing INTs (20 in 2009) and hasn't slowed down since. He is a HOFer at throwing endzone INTs. Sanchez cannot read defenses. He isn't even a back up he sucks so bad.

Mark Sanchez NFL Football Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com

What games were you watching?

Sanchez began throwing INTs (20 in 2009) and hasn't slowed down since. He is a HOFer at throwing endzone INTs. Sanchez cannot read defenses. He isn't even a back up he sucks so bad.

Mark Sanchez NFL Football Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com
He did have 7 game winnings drives between 2009-2010 and 6 in 2010. Wasn't spectacular but he did have a 9:3 TD:INT ratio in the playoffs and won 4 road playoff road games. After that.....alll down hill. Buttfumble finished him off.

Oh boy!~!! Instead of Rocky Mountain oysters(buffalo nuts) Pony Nation gets a heapin helpin' of...

BUFFUMBLE WINGS!!!!..served with azzcrack sauce of course...

Oh boy!~!! Instead of Rocky Mountain oysters(buffalo nuts) Pony Nation gets a heapin helpin' of...

BUFFUMBLE WINGS!!!!..served with azzcrack sauce of course...
Another immortal Joe Kerr Classic ... love it and even funnier should that end up on a pub's menu.

Broncos fans are liking? this move?

Then if you want to talk "winning", which I think is so overrated on the qb, as teams win. Yes, Brock went 5-2, but mark played in two afc championship games. And honestly, he played well enough that with our defense, we very well could have won both of those games. So, that's why people whining about this offseason is bothering me

The dude went to 2 straight afc championship games his 1st 2 years

People STILL go back to Sanchez going to 2 AFC champ games. And Elway still getting praises for this offseason...not sure why but k

Broncos fans are liking? this move?

People STILL go back to Sanchez going to 2 AFC champ games. And Elway still getting praises for this offseason...not sure why but k

So they think that d is going to be the same? They're on slate for what, 3 3Rd round comp picks?

That defense took some body blows in FA.

...Sanchez...

LMAO!

When is Talib's contract up? I bet he comes down with some ailment mud way through a losing year....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes