PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aldon Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,
49ers play a 3-4.
Celticboy04

that's what they say, but aldon smith goes into coverage about as much as chandler jones does....so what's the difference between the pats 4-3 and the 9ers 3-4......what's in a label?

that's what they say, but aldon smith goes into coverage about as much as chandler jones does....so what's the difference between the pats 4-3 and the 9ers 3-4......what's in a label?

Greetings,
It depends on the system really. The Texans played 3-4 last season, and Mario Williams hardly went into coverage, Ware rarely goes into coverage for the Cowboys, who play a 3-4.

Celticboy04

Greetings,
It depends on the system really. The Texans played 3-4 last season, and Mario Williams hardly went into coverage, Ware rarely goes into coverage for the Cowboys, who play a 3-4.

Celticboy04

then even though you call it a 3-4, it isn't...especially when the '3' play 1 gap

then even though you call it a 3-4, it isn't...especially when the '3' play 1 gap

Greetings,
So you are saying for a 3-4 to be valid, they have to only play 2-gap??

Celticboy04

Greetings,
So you are saying for a 3-4 to be valid, they have to only play 2-gap??

Celticboy04

did I say that?

when one of your OLB plays 90% of the downs with his hande on the ground, its a 4-3. the fact that the '3' play one gap makes it more so

do you understand now?

did I say that?

when one of your OLB plays 90% of the downs with his hande on the ground, its a 4-3. the fact that the '3' play one gap makes it more so

do you understand now?

Greetings,
I totally understand what you are saying. But at the same time, I still would not call it an all the way 4-3. I notice most of the time his hands do not stay in the ground.
Celticboy04

Last edited:
Greetings,
I totally understand what you are saying. But at the same time, I still would not call it an all the way 4-3. I notice most of the time his hands do not stay in the ground.
Celticboy04

even still......he does not drop into coverage and has not made a coverage-related play this year......he basically has the same resposibilities as chandler jones.

with ninkovich as a DE, I would call the pats an all the way 4-3, either

the line is blurry....and then it comes down to blocking schemes

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes