PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AJ Green to Pats a lock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see Belichick spending a top 10 pick on a WR. Seems to violate all that value stuff that he preaches. This Oakland pick is going toward an OT, DT/DE, or Quinn the OLB.

The way this draft looks to stack up, Belichick will have a choice to add Robert Quinn, Marcel Dareus or Cameron Heyward to this defense. You want to take a WR?[/QUOTE]

I agree, Coach and his defensive mind would want as much great players to shuffle around in his scheme than a WR where we'd get away with a good one in FA.

I can see Belichick going with DL or Quinn, but not OT. The value's simply not there. Constanzo isn't worth a first round pick IMO, and he's the top prospect right now. The others are as good as some 2nd and 3rd rounders, IMO. And the value at guard isn't there because, the way I see it, the O-linemen class in this draft is weak at the top but deep, so there are many valuable picks down the line, and guys Bill and Scar will probably make good use and develop into top players.
And, looking at DL, all top guys will be gone by the Raiders pick: Dareus, Clayborn, maybe even Bailey. Heyward will be there, but I believe he'll fall to the top of the second or bottom of the first, so 1B or 2A could still get him.
Quinn could be there because of the suspension, but I don't like the way he plays the run. Taking a year off might have slowed him down too.
My pick is Ingram all the way, as long as the Raiders finish worse than the Dolphins. If they don't (what looks possible right now), I think they should trade down, because then even The Heisman won't be there.

Last edited:
I can see Belichick going with DL or Quinn, but not OT. The value's simply not there. Constanzo isn't worth a first round pick IMO, and he's the top prospect right now. The others are as good as some 2nd and 3rd rounders, IMO. And the value at guard isn't there because, the way I see it, the O-linemen class in this draft is weak at the top but deep, so there are many valuable picks down the line, and guys Bill and Scar will probably make good use and develop into top players.
And, looking at DL, all top guys will be gone by the Raiders pick: Dareus, Clayborn, maybe even Bailey. Heyward will be there, but I believe he'll fall to the top of the second or bottom of the first, so 1B or 2A could still get him.
Quinn could be there because of the suspension, but I don't like the way he plays the run. Taking a year off might have slowed him down too.
My pick is Ingram all the way, as long as the Raiders finish worse than the Dolphins. If they don't (what looks possible right now), I think they should trade down, because then even The Heisman won't be there.

I think Jones could fall to 2a. If he's available then I'd love to see it happen. I want the DE at 1a as much as anyone, I'm just not so sure we're going to get a Seymour replacement if the Raider pick ends up being #12 or something. There will surely be a run on the elite prospects early on.

Honestly, I'm not sure which positions would be a good value in the mid-first. We'll find out what the hooded one does.

The draft is based on needs as well.I think one willl be available by the time we draft.I am hoping the raiders start losing games.:mad:

I've got a good impression of Jones as a multi-dimensional player, but he's projected into round one and I'm not sure NE's best value is WR in round one.

Exactly!! He's my favorite Tier 1 Wide Receiver, but with 5 Talented guys already on the team, I would hate to see us spend on that position before Day 3.

And the Extraordinary Opportunity to corral some AMAZING Front 7 Talent compounds the importance of focusing there, this year.

Yeah, there is absolutely no chance on BB grabbing a WR in the top 10 next year and probably not even the 1st round. As our team is now, a highly skied WR isn't going to do too extra much for us. The offense can get it done with just the regular guys like Branch and Tate, and of course there is Welker who is our star receiver.

There is also way too much D-line talent to pass up on. As someone else said, Bill really pays attention to value and getting a WR in the 1st (Even if the WR is "elite") isn't always the best choice because you can usually get a WR in the 2nd or 3rd that will produce. It is hard to get an Ndamukong Suh or a Richard Seymour type talent in the 2nd and 3rd round.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back