PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aikman: Patriots are most efficient NFL Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainefan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Troy Aikman has developed two complicated formulas for determining team efficiency, one for offense, one for defense. He also combines them, into a chart that ranks NFL teams from 1 to 32.

In that combined ranking, the Patriots are number 1, followed by San Diego, Baltimore, Jacksonville, Chicago and Indianapolis, in that order.

Separately, he ranks the Patriots #3 on defense and #7 on offense.

For his column and the resulting charts, check out http://nfl.com/news/story/9905391

What this says to me is that Aikman's numbers show the Patriots are the best team in professional football. I think those prognosticating the Superbowl winner should keep that in mind :)

I tend to agree, but Super Bowl champions are not determined on a piece of paper.

I believe that this team can win it all, and WILL do exactly that, as long as they avoid those mental mistakes.... and if they play an agressive style on offense, take control of games early, and then let our defense dictate to the opponents for the rest of the game.

That to me is the key to getting to Miami. Score early, take control, and then win it with defense.

Nem...I hate to say this...but... I couldn't have said it any better. Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

I hate getting ahead of myself in this regard but I keep thinking that the hardest playoff game the Pats might have will be against the Jets.

I know that doesn't make sense, but I think that if we get by the Jets and I expect we will, we are going all the way this year.

San Diego (meaning: "A whales vagina") just does not scare me. Same for Baltimore but I think Baltimore is better than San Diego.

But our big hurdle will be beating the Jets.....IMHO.

and if they play an agressive style on offense, take control of games early, and then let our defense dictate to the opponents for the rest of the game.

That sir is a quality statement. It is fair to all parties and there is no reason why that cannot be done. It seems as if the offense is healthy accept for Watson & we do not know his status whatsoever. What else is new?

I belive NO TURNOVERS and we win the SB. When we lose its because we beat ourselves.

I hate getting ahead of myself in this regard but I keep thinking that the hardest playoff game the Pats might have will be against the Jets.

I know that doesn't make sense, but I think that if we get by the Jets and I expect we will, we are going all the way this year.

San Diego (meaning: "A whales vagina") just does not scare me. Same for Baltimore but I think Baltimore is better than San Diego.

But our big hurdle will be beating the Jets.....IMHO.

I tend to agree with the thought, but that Baltimore defense coupled with our inconsistant (through the season--last few games it looked great) offense. When you look at the Jets you see a dirty mirror of ourselves that can be very dangerous. It is intimidating knowing that they play many of the same schemes.

The Jets game is going to come down to two things.

1.) The quality of the players to step up and make the play. I believe that NE's quality level is much higher than the Jets, however don't fool yourself into thinking that they don't have quality. Like the last game, they do have guys who can step up and beat our us if we are not up to par.

2.) Execution and adjustment of the gameplan. I also do not doubt that BB has a dominating gameplan that will baffle Mangini. Mangini has some tricks, but he will not out-think his Master. They guys need to execute the gameplan properly. There will be some mistakes, but they need to execute to the level that they are capable of. I am not sure that they have done this yet this season. It can be done and it has been done. They need to come out hard and knock out the Jets early. A 20 point win would send loud waves through the AFC and beyond.

I also thing that Noodlearm will not make it through the entire game. I do not wish to see him hurt, but we have some angry boys who were ticked off by the Titans and Mangini. The hits are going to be tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft